• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Chris Daniels @ChrisDaniels5
BREAKING: McGinn “We believe we can support the NHL in Key Arena”.

BREAKING: NHL investors also met with Seattle City Council members.

BREAKING: McGinn says a Hansen rep introduced him to potential Seattle NHL investors two weeks ago.

BREAKING: Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn acknowledges recent discussions with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
Seattle City Councilmember Tim Burgess confirms meeting with Lanza/Bartoszek, says they were "optimistic and positive" on Seattle. #NHL

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2m
Seattle City Councilmember Burgess says he believed there was a tentative lease deal on Key Arena, for the fall, for an #NHL team.

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 1m
Burgess says oft-mentioned Chicago #NHL investor Don Levin was not part of the #Seattle meeting.

Samyy

Details
3m

Details
4m

BREAKING: McGinn says a Hansen rep introduced him to potential Seattle NHL investors two weeks ago.
Details
4m

BREAKING: Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn acknowledges recent discussions with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman

Seattle City Councilmember Tim Burgess confirms meeting with Lanza/Bartoszek, says they were "optimistic and positive" on Seattle. #NHL

Seattle City Councilmember Burgess says he believed there was a tentative lease deal on Key Arena, for the fall, for an #NHL team.

Burgess says oft-mentioned Chicago #NHL investor Don Levin was not part of the #Seattle meeting.

itshappenning.gif

Quick

Banned

Please be true.

Quick

Banned
Something always keeps the Coyotes in Phoneix for another year. I'm keeping my expectations low.

You just had to be that guy.

iEj9ChtKNwjDR.gif

ZeroGravity

I still find it hard to believe that the NHL would consider Seattle over Quebec City, given the present situation there.
They could theoretically get more for an expansion fee from QC than Seattle, could they not?

Also the logistics of the new alignment. I don't think the NHL wants to piss off Columbus or Detroit by moving them back to the West.

Marvie_3

Banned
They could theoretically get more for an expansion fee from QC than Seattle, could they not?

Also the logistics of the new alignment. I don't think the NHL wants to piss off Columbus or Detroit by moving them back to the West.

Yeah, but how much money are they going to lose playing in Key Arena for several years? Quebec City will bring in a lot more money from the get go, plus they have an arena that's currently being built, which means even more money.

QC can just play in Chicago's division for a couple years and bump Colorado out to the Pacific. The league said they'd re-evaluate the alignment in two years *cough*expansion*cough* and they can fix things then.

That guy looks like every guy to ever work in an EBGames and who walks around town wearing a Gears of War t shirt he got in his extra limited special bloodied cliffs b. version of GoW.

:lol

Yesss. Almost a living stereotype.

I used to work with a guy who would wear a different Halo shirt every day of the week.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
preds are announcing a new ice rink being built in the nashville area tomorrow. great news for the growth of the game here, ice time has been maxed for years

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
And I think i'm about 2/3 through Bioshock Infinite now. Its pretty damn good.

I feel like there was a lot of bad buzz around that game when it came out, but fuck that noise, I'm really digging it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
And I think i'm about 2/3 through Bioshock Infinite now. Its pretty damn good.

I feel like there was a lot of bad buzz around that game when it came out, but fuck that noise, I'm really digging it.

Gameplay is meh, story&design are absolutely fantastic.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Gameplay is meh, story&design are absolutely fantastic.

yeah, i could see people thinking the shooting is repetitive, but I dont play a ton of shooters, so I'm enjoying it. I pretty much spam the possession vigor and just roll with it. Story and setting are cool as hell. Good times.

preds are announcing a new ice rink being built in the nashville area tomorrow. great news for the growth of the game here, ice time has been maxed for years

I'm sure it'll be something to admire for two minutes before the Preds put them to sleep and they lose interest in hockey.

as long a Pierre-Karl Peladeau doesn't get a hockey team = I will be happy.

PKP doesn't deserve the Nordiques

Why

Top Bottom