• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

And? I would rather they give the guy that played well a shot even though it wasnt in a ton of games, then go out and get a guy that has no sample size with the team. Small sample size is a silly thing to worry about IMO.

CMT2004.jpg

Philadelphia may look like it's fucking itself in the short run, but clearly we're setting ourselves up for future Pit/Edm style draft tanking.

Ugh. Everything is the worst. Forever.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Philadelphia may look like it's fucking itself in the short run, but clearly we're setting ourselves up for future Pit/Edm style draft tanking.

yWmK0kx.jpg

What the Flyers need is for Snider to stop meddling with the team and to get a management team that knows what the fuck they are doing.

Until then, all we're going to have is false hope.

And I swear to Odin, if they do a Pissburgh style tank, I would be furious.

Curufinwe

Streit makes the team better not worse, and lowers the chance Couturier gets traded for Yandle, which is also good. The 4th year sucks, but that's the market reality for offensive defensemen.

Curufinwe

Comparing Letang to a 35 year old on his last legs? Come on now.

Not comparing them, just pointing out how expensive Letang will be when he can point to older and inferior defensemen like Streit, Gonchar and Wideman making $5m or more. Him and Subban are in line for huge raises.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Streit makes the team better not worse, and lowers the chance Couturier gets traded for Yandle, which is also good. The 4th year sucks, but that's the market reality for offensive defensemen.

This is true.

I just wanted someone younger, though I knew there was no way in hell they would get Pietrangelo or ShatnerKirk or any other young RFA Defenseman without giving up a hefty amount.

Not comparing them, just pointing out how expensive Letang will be when he can point to older and inferior defensemen like Streit, Gonchar and Wideman making $5m or more. Him and Subban are in line for huge raises.

And? They both deserve it. They are both young and will be huge assets to teams for years to come. Mark Streit is 35 and rapidly declining. Everybody gets overpaid in free agency, but that doesn't make it right. Trust me, I know.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
And? They both deserve it. They are both young and will be huge assets to teams for years to come. Mark Streit is 35 and rapidly declining. Everybody gets overpaid in free agency, but that doesn't make it right. Trust me, I know.

Yeah, I've lost count of the many overpaid FAs the Rangers picked up.

I agree with you, but it's a classic bad Holmgren contract. I'd be more accepting if there was no LNTC--could try to move him to a cup contender more easily after 2 years when the cap's risen. To be fair, at least it isn't a full NTC.

It clearly makes us better now, and we only lost the 4th for him, but the contract's going to hurt with resigning more important younger players over the next four years.

It also effectively cements the upcoming year at Timonen's last. While his exit is inevitable, it depresses me.

Curufinwe

Is Richards gonna be bought out? Some Flyers fans want him at around $3 or 4 million.

With Bryz and Briere aminestied, Mezaros gone and Kimmo retired there should be plenty of cap room for everyone next year, except maybe Read. Who might be traded for Bernier soon anyway.

I have no idea on Richards. Prior to the end of the season I'd say yes. After everything that's happened after I don't know. Could get a stay of execution.

If anyone'll take him, Mez'll likely be gone by the fall, so that's another 4 mil. Gus deserves a regular spot now.

Assuming Bryz leaves, I'd rather see the cap space go to another goaltender than bringing in Richards. Halak might be worth the health risk to tandem with Mason. Could also see them throwing a 2nd for Bernier. Aside from Stolarz, it's tradition to lose our 2nd anyway. I'm not sure Read'll fit after this next year, but I really don't want to see him go either.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I agree with you, but it's a classic bad Holmgren contract. I'd be more accepting if there was no LNTC--could try to move him to a cup contender more easily after 2 years when the cap's risen. To be fair, at least it isn't a full NTC.

It clearly makes us better now, and we only lost the 4th for him, but the contract's going to hurt with resigning more important younger players over the next four years.

It also effectively cements the upcoming year at Timonen's last. While his exit is inevitable, it depresses me.

I wouldn't have had a problem if the Streit contract was only 2 years instead of 4.

If anyone'll take him, Mez'll likely be gone by the fall, so that's another 4 mil. Gus deserves a regular spot now.

Assuming Bryz leaves, I'd rather see the cap space go to another goaltender than bringing in Richards. Halak might be worth the health risk to tandem with Mason. Could also see them throwing a 2nd for Bernier. Aside from Stolarz, it's tradition to lose our 2nd anyway. I'm not sure Read'll fit after this next year, but I really don't want to see him go either.

That won't be enough

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
hate that Streit will be playing for the hated Flyers, but I love that they're paying him such an absurd amount of money and paying him until he's 40.

TUSR

Banned
It's practically a eunuch now.

I'm currently downloading Yeezus. This shit better be good.

I have Apple Care+ which covers 2 replacements over 2 years. 49$ a replacement for the phone.

So break it completely and for 50$ get a new one.

Quick

Banned
I have Apple Care+ which covers 2 replacements over 2 years. 49$ a replacement for the phone.

So break it completely and for 50$ get a new one.

BroAppleCareFist.

Just drop your phone hard and get a replacement (or, just walk in and get a replacement anyway).

TUSR

Banned
And my iPad 2's gyroscope magically stopped working when the thing literally is either on my night stand or being used in bed.

Go fuck yourself with a rake Apple.

Curufinwe

I think Read for Bernier straight up is fair but apparently a bunch of teams have made offers to LA for him.

hate that Streit will be playing for the hated Flyers, but I love that they're paying him such an absurd amount of money and paying him until he's 40.

Technically he won't turn 40 till six months after the contract ends.

Quick

Banned
And my iPad 2's gyroscope magically stopped working when the thing literally is either on my night stand or being used in bed.

Go fuck yourself with a rake Apple.

My 2nd gen iPod Touch actually held up pretty well, and the only reason I went with a new iPod Touch (5th gen) is because I broke the headphone jack.

I'm having two issues with my iPhone: the bottom of the screen stops responding, and it appears to be draining my battery faster than I think it should. I've taken it to the Apple Store, and they told me to reset it. I might have to come back the moment I return from my trip to get it looked at again.

Top Bottom