• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Mii

Banned
I grabbed 20 games in the gog.com sale.

I've never played the Baldur's Gate / Neverwinter Nights / Icewind Dale / Planescape games, and everyone always talks glowingly of them. The D&D bundle was too good to pass up.

Also grabbed the Myst set, Deus Ex, Alpha Centauri and System Shock 2, all of which I've never played.

Then for nostalgia's sake I grabbed Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Sim City 2000.

Oh and I grabbed FTL.

I feel like I made off like a bandit for $50. Also feel I filled in a huge gap in my PC library from 1995 to 2005 or so.

But of course the first one I open up is RCT.

Mobile master race GAF unchanged. Phew

8 days until draft, I'm not sure who to believe. More "experts" are making a case Sakic is bluffing. They are thinking it matches up with Roy's arrival and his style from his QJ days. It would make sense to edge out something extra and get "their guy" but at the same time it could be very literal and he is taking a forward.

The Last of Us' sound design. My god. I have it booming through my surround and it is the best I've heard, amazing.

Hunter S.

Mobile master race GAF unchanged. Phew

8 days until draft, I'm not sure who to believe. More "experts" are making a case Sakic is bluffing. They are thinking it matches up with Roy's arrival and his style from his QJ days. It would make sense to edge out something extra and get "their guy" but at the same time it could be very literal and he is taking a forward.

The Last of Us' sound design. My god. I have it booming through my surround and it is the best I've heard, amazing.
Sakic said he wants to be honest with the fans which would be a complete reversal of the old policy to say nothing. The avs owner Kroenke has been aggressive lately on the Denver Nuggets too. I see it as coming from him. I really doubt it is Roy calling the shots as the true top guy for the team even if his aggressive deamenor would make it appear this way. I really think they want to build a better defense quicker through free agency and trades. I am pretty sure they are willing to get Druin or Mac because they can play them sooner then Jones. They have started many 18 year olds forwards lately like Duchene, Landy, and O'Reilly. Mac is so young though, but I think they are serious about the wanting a top forward.

Edit: This also aligns with the Avalanche's history of being an offense first team since they have existed.

Samyy

Every game that doesn't need a peripheral like the camera or move can be streamed to the Vita like the Wii u to the game pad.

We'll see how well it looks, works, and controls though.

I know but I would much rather just take the game to go on Vita, I generally spend upwards of 2-3 hours commuting a day from September-April and if I could automatically just sync that save data and pickup the game on the PS4/PS3 when I got home that would be amazing.

Eight days to the draft? Maybe I should visit hfboards for a bit...

ShaneB

edit: I have f.lux installed (like any not-crazy person should), and this page is still way too fucking bright. Tune this shit down, I have to stare straight into light all day already, I don't need this when I get home too.

I'm already use to the change *shrug*, still a little bright yes even with f.lux, but I'm fine with things.

Acid08

Banned
Nemo gets a new mask that's way better than his old one:

8613547267_373e73a734.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sakic said he wants to be honest with the fans which would be a complete reversal of the old policy to say nothing. The avs owner Kroenke has been aggressive lately on the Denver Nuggets too. I see it as coming from him. I really doubt it is Roy calling the shots as the true top guy for the team even if his aggressive deamenor would make it appear this way. I really think they want to build a better defense quicker through free agency and trades. I am pretty sure they are willing to get Druin or Mac because they can play them sooner then Jones. They have started many 18 year olds forwards lately like Duchene, Landy, and O'Reilly. Mac is so young though, but I think they are serious about the wanting a top forward.

Edit: This also aligns with the Avalanche's history of being an offense first team since they have existed.

I think this is the smart move.

Despite the connection to Col, I simply don't think drafting a D man first is the right choice unless you KNOW you're going to get a Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, or Bourque.

On the flip side, they have to be careful they don't turn into the Oilers...

Erdrick

Randomly last night, I was introduced to Zach Bogosian and Jacob Trouba at a local club here in Winnipeg. Trouba is one tall kid. Can't wait to see him play this fall with the Jets.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Roy is also very familiar with both Mac and Druin seeing as he's coached against them all year along, and his head of VP operations, so it's not that ridiculous to think he came in and told them its better off to go with one of them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Went out drinking yesterday, learned that apparently Shea Weber is an awesome dude and Crosby is rude and grumpy. TIL. They can apparently also drink a LOT.

Quick

Banned
Went out drinking yesterday, learned that apparently Shea Weber is an awesome dude and Crosby is rude and grumpy. TIL. They can apparently also drink a LOT.

Where's cube to tell us that Crosby was actually drinking ginger ale, and his sexual preference is still male?

Smiley90

Has this been posted yet?

Strombone
‏@strombone1
I'M WILLING TO STAY, BE THE BACK UP AND PLAY FOR FREE IF THEY LET ME SIT IN AT EVERY TORTS PRESSER! #MAN #MYTH #LEGEND

Luongo is at the top of his game :lololololol

Quick

Banned
Has this been posted yet?

Strombone
‏@strombone1
I'M WILLING TO STAY, BE THE BACK UP AND PLAY FOR FREE IF THEY LET ME SIT IN AT EVERY TORTS PRESSER! #MAN #MYTH #LEGEND

Luongo is at the top of his game :lololololol

Smelly pls, use the new Tweet function.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/348242708076310529[/tweet]

Off-topic: The official GAF dark theme looks amazing. Might actually switch to it.

Where I'm heading with the dark theme

fmdb+

5ted+

Hunter S.

I think this is the smart move.

Despite the connection to Col, I simply don't think drafting a D man first is the right choice unless you KNOW you're going to get a Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, or Bourque.

On the flip side, they have to be careful they don't turn into the Oilers...
Lol, well this is their first ever first draft choice so it is not quite the Oilers. Landeskog and O-reilly are both all around two way players and bigger guys as compared to the Oilers top picks. I am still hoping they open up the wallet to beef up the D over time and not be like the oil. If Mac is another Taveres it is a good deal.

Roy is also very familiar with both Mac and Druin seeing as he's coached against them all year along, and his head of VP operations, so it's not that ridiculous to think he came in and told them its better off to go with one of them.
I hope they are set on Drouin. Actually a Landy-Duchene-Drouin line is very scary.

If that is the case 1. Drouin 2.MacK 3. Jones means everyone is happy.

calder

Randomly last night, I was introduced to Zach Bogosian and Jacob Trouba at a local club here in Winnipeg. Trouba is one tall kid. Can't wait to see him play this fall with the Jets.

Nice, I'm almost sure Trouba will start here but I think he'll spend most of the year in the AHL. It's practically cruel to have a defenseman that young in the NHL.

Hunter S.

I am not saying it is rediculous that he would influence team decisions greatly as he said he liked Drouin when he first arrived. He just does not have the final say, Sakic does. Though Sakic seems like the type of guy to take heavy advise from his old friend Roy of course.

I am excited no matter what.

Smiley90

So, apparently Tortorella loves animals, especially dogs?

... Anybody interested in Booth?

ShaneB

The steam summer sale is gonna go in dry. You won't even see it coming.

Only thing sucks about having so much money in Steam Wallet is having to do work arounds when the deals are better elsewhere, but ah well. I don't even think I'll be buying that much, so that money will last me a while.

Samyy

Saw a pretty decent case for Jones dropping to 5th
Colorado takes Drouin, which is possible considering Roy has seen a lot of him
Florida takes Mackinnon (Florida fans rejoice everywhere)
Now heres the one bit of a stretch - Tampa takes Nichushkin to play with Stamkos
Nashville could take either Jones or Barkov but seeing as they tried the whole elite-D carrying the team strategy already I don't think they'll pass on the chance to draft the franchises first potential elite #1 center
Carolina takes Jones

Its actually not that bad considering Tampa has been pretty high on Nichushkin.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Saw a pretty decent case for Jones dropping to 5th
Colorado takes Drouin, which is possible considering Roy has seen a lot of him
Florida takes Mackinnon (Florida fans rejoice everywhere)
Now heres the one bit of a stretch - Tampa takes Nichushkin to play with Stamkos
Nashville could take either Jones or Barkov but seeing as they tried the whole elite-D carrying the team strategy already I don't think they'll pass on the chance to draft the franchises first potential elite #1 center
Carolina takes Jones

Its actually not that bad considering Tampa has been pretty high on Nichushkin.
Jones is a legitimate 1st overall pick, he won't fall to 5th, and if Colorado takes a forward it would most likely be Mackinnon to centre Landeskog.

Top Bottom