• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Taking a center makes the most sense outside of picking Jones because we'll be able to address our defensive situation by trading staz or radar. If we get rid of Stastny for a decent veteran defenseman I will be very happy. I'm wondering if we see anything of Hishon outside of training camp, assuming he's not a complete liability on the ice now we could have a serious logjam at center. Maybe Staz + Hishon if he's playable would net us a better deal.

I'll be mad if they pick Drouin or Barkov. MacKinnon would be good, I still prefer Jones, but it looks like that isn't happening. For those saying Landeskog would be good with Duchene and Drouin, no Landeskog doesn't have chemistry with Dutchie, but he is great with O'reilly and Downie. Perhaps he would have chemistry with MacKinnon. While our winger depth is almost as lacking as our defensive depth, wing still holds less value than a great center or defenseman, so that's why I don't want Drouin, we can add scoring wingers through FA. Stastny becomes expendable, so he probably will be traded, with only one year left on his contract I can't see getting a real quality defenseman, but maybe if we add in Hishon or Sgarbossa in a deal with a team that has bad center depth we can get something good.

My last two jersey purchases were Anderson and Stastny, before that I had Sakic so if Stastny is traded I'll have to get a new jersey with someone who is actually still on the team.

Merguson

Banned
Taking a center makes the most sense outside of picking Jones because we'll be able to address our defensive situation by trading staz or radar. If we get rid of Stastny for a decent veteran defenseman I will be very happy. I'm wondering if we see anything of Hishon outside of training camp, assuming he's not a complete liability on the ice now we could have a serious logjam at center. Maybe Staz + Hishon if he's playable would net us a better deal.

You can have Liles back!

I'll be mad if they pick Drouin or Barkov. MacKinnon would be good, I still prefer Jones, but it looks like that isn't happening. For those saying Landeskog would be good with Duchene and Drouin, no Landeskog doesn't have chemistry with Dutchie, but he is great with O'reilly and Downie. Perhaps he would have chemistry with MacKinnon. While our winger depth is almost as lacking as our defensive depth, wing still holds less value than a great center or defenseman, so that's why I don't want Drouin, we can add scoring wingers through FA. Stastny becomes expendable, so he probably will be traded, with only one year left on his contract I can't see getting a real quality defenseman, but maybe if we add in Hishon or Sgarbossa in a deal with a team that has bad center depth we can get something good.

My last two jersey purchases were Anderson and Stastny, before that I had Sakic so if Stastny is traded I'll have to get a new jersey with someone who is actually still on the team.
I almost went on an Anderson jersey. Would've been pretty pissed.

You can have Liles back!

lolnothx

Randomly last night, I was introduced to Zach Bogosian and Jacob Trouba at a local club here in Winnipeg. Trouba is one tall kid. Can't wait to see him play this fall with the Jets.

A buddy of mine drank some beers with Bogo in Albany recently and said he was awesome

Saw a pretty decent case for Jones dropping to 5th
Colorado takes Drouin, which is possible considering Roy has seen a lot of him
Florida takes Mackinnon (Florida fans rejoice everywhere)
Now heres the one bit of a stretch - Tampa takes Nichushkin to play with Stamkos
Nashville could take either Jones or Barkov but seeing as they tried the whole elite-D carrying the team strategy already I don't think they'll pass on the chance to draft the franchises first potential elite #1 center
Carolina takes Jones

Its actually not that bad considering Tampa has been pretty high on Nichushkin.

Drouin and Mackinnon play on the same team so he's seen a lot of BOTH of them.

If they don't take Jones they will take MacKinnon

Also, I don't think Tampa taking Nichuskin is a stretch since it's been reported that they like him.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see:

1. MacKinnon
2. Jones
3. Nichuskin
4. Barkov/Drouin
5. Barkov/Drouin

ZeroGravity

I'm sort of getting the feeling that the Lightning have cooled a bit on Nichushkin. I'd be shocked if he were taken over Drouin/Barkov if either is still available.

Merguson

Banned
Photos of the Saddledome if anyone wants a look

http://flames.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=36968

IMG_7577_slide.jpg

Water level's at Row 8 or so.. was at Row 10-14 so it's receded a bit.

Okay. What if we roll with Kulikov-2nd overall for Stasny (some salary retained) and 1st overall.

Cats can let Weiss walk and get MacKinnon. Avs get Jones + Kulikov giving them a young D-core to move forward.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Okay. What if we roll with Kulikov-2nd overall for Stasny (some salary retained) and 1st overall.

Cats can let Weiss walk and get MacKinnon. Avs get Jones + Kulikov giving them a young D-core to move forward.
These posts of desperation are going to make it up even funnier when the Avs take him 1st.

Thing is we're not interested in picking up a defenseman like Jones over adding scoring potential. We have a few players that could be moved and not be missed and perhaps net us a good veteran presence on the blueline. We have missing spots on our defense, but with a healthy Ryan Wilson and someone completely solid to pair with our sophomores we'll be looking alright.

Red_Man

Anyone know if NHL.com has any sales during the summer / beginning of next season? I want to get a couple of jerseys but I'd rather wait until I can save a few hundred bucks.

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone know if NHL.com has any sales during the summer / beginning of next season? I want to get a couple of jerseys but I'd rather wait until I can save a few hundred bucks.

NHL.com can be a shitty place to buy jerseys. If you're buying ones with names/numbers on them, they heat press them on instead of sewing them. If they're blank, you're fine.

Red_Man

NHL.com can be a shitty place to buy jerseys. If you're buying ones with names/numbers on them, they heat press them on instead of sewing them. If they're blank, you're fine.
The fuck? Why would the official NHL store heat press them? That's bullshit, I'll look around here instead or look for a place next time I'm in Toronto.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah. I got my jerseys done at the Sharks store at the Tank. They give the options to sew or heat press, sewn all the way.

Quick

Banned

I don't mind heat-pressed jerseys, but sewn-on is definitely the better choice. You won't notice a difference, unless you look closely, or if the letters and numbers are printed on (which are sold in a lot of sporting goods stores). Replica MLB jerseys have printed on letters and numbers, for reference.

My Team Canada Crosby and Leafs Sundin jerseys are sewn.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't mind heat-pressed jerseys, but sewn-on is definitely the better choice. You won't notice a difference, unless you look closely, or if the letters and numbers are printed on (which are sold in a lot of sporting goods stores). Replica MLB jerseys have printed on letters and numbers, for reference.

My Team Canada Crosby and Leafs Sundin jerseys are sewn.

Heat pressed jerseys should be banned.

Which crackhead's trunk are you buying these MLB jerseys out of? I've never seen an MLB jersey with pressed numbers before.

The GAF dark theme looks great. Wow.
Not for me. I have a hard time reading white text on a black background. It always looks blurry to me.

It ain't me noggin, it's me peepers.

Quick

Banned
Heat pressed jerseys should be banned.

Which crackhead's trunk are you buying these MLB jerseys out of? I've never seen an MLB jersey with pressed numbers before.

Are our definitions of heat-pressed jerseys different? I guess you can also call them glued-on.

I'm not talking about these:

I'm talking about these:

faqbcust.jpg

NHL Shop on the left, sewn to the right:
3373847845_4d8f4b22d0.jpg

The glued-on/heat-pressed ones I have look like sewn ones.

Acid08

Banned
Are our definitions of heat-pressed jerseys different? I guess you can also call them glued-on.

I'm not talking about these:

I'm talking about these:

faqbcust.jpg

NHL Shop on the left, sewn to the right:
3373847845_4d8f4b22d0.jpg

Ugggggggh the NHL Shop jersey looks so cheap.

Quick

Banned
Lol reminds me there's been a really good (apparently) Vietnamese Thai restaurant in my bulding for the last few years but I've never tried it. Too chicken about not knowing what to order.

Pad Thai is pretty much the default choice for Thai food. There's plenty of choices for it, too.

Marvie_3

Banned

They still use "sewn" numbering and lettering on heat pressed jerseys, they just aren't sewn on to the jersey. It's shitty because the glue wears out and the numbers fall off.

And they started PAINTING the numbers on now? That's just fucking awful.

Yep. I can deal with the screen-printed (there's the word I was looking for, in place of "printed on") patches on the shoulders:

But definitely not for the letters and numbers.
See this is fine. The patch is still sewn on.

Hunter S.

Well, assuming they get MacKinnon he still has to prove to a new coach he can play so young. Sacco played them, but Roy might be different. They could just have Mac stay in the minors one year. Then I am pretty sure Stastny or O'rielly could move on if the do not perform well next year leaving them to free agency. The scenario with the choosing to play young players might be a lot different now.

MacAttack

You can order custom licensed NHL applique kits here.

You need to know someone with a heat press and sewing machine that you trust to put them on your very expensive sweater.

edit:

Dark theme is the new hotness.

tumblr_mnnbv8LZPq1rhk0sdo1_500.gif

Quick

Banned
I've never heard of Thai iced tea. My interest is piqued.

You can order custom licensed NHL applique kits here.

You need to know someone with a heat press and sewing machine that you trust to put them on your very expensive sweater.

Shit, I've been looking for something like this for ages now.

Top Bottom