• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Black themed gaf is worst gaf.

ZEJHLRf.gif

Silexx

Rumours are a brewin'.

Guys on HFboards, with what I'm told have proven track records saying that EDM has 3 deals done and just waiting for the end of the finals to announce. One of which is supposed to be Zack Smith for Hemsky.

Samyy

Well if Samyy wants the Leafs to acquire that pick, Edmonton would probably ask for him over the rights to Gunnarson.

I was mostly just joking. I'd rather stay where we are or just move up to 10-15 if we can to try for Horvat.
If they trade Gardiner or Reilly I will be seriously pissed.

Dark Theme Background with White Theme Forums seems to be the best mix, I just can't do this white on white shit.

Wish I could just use mobile gaf on desktop.

Samyy

Leafs acquired Bernier for Frattin, 2nd pick in 2014 or 2015 and Scrivens!

Welp there goes my favourite prospect outside of Gardiner for a player we had zero need for.
Nonis's tenure of to a horrible fucking start.
If he drafts a defencemen I will be fucking livid.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Welp there goes my favourite prospect outside of Gardiner for a player we had zero need for.
Nonis's tenure of to a horrible fucking start.
If he drafts a defencemen I will be fucking livid.

Well to be fair... We now possibly have 2 decent goaltenders

But now we have a huge hole on the wings if MacArthur leaves

Gahhhhh

Smiley90

Leafs acquired Bernier for Frattin, 2nd pick in 2014 or 2015 and Scrivens!

OHSHIT

ITSHAPPENING.GIF

Good trade for the Leafs I'd say. They finally have a viable tandem now?

NOW PLEASE DEAR GOD BRODEUR RETIRE OR LUONGO'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE

Samyy

Gahhhhh

And our depth at forward is so sparse we would have no one to fill the hole. Burke's tendency to pick forwards in the later rounds is kinda annoying because the forward he did pick in the first round is 3-4 years away so i expect no help from the prospects. If anything maybe hes expecting to sign someone or Mac has expressed interest in staying and negotiations are going well?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm okay with this.

Once again someone to push Reimer and I'm sure Reimer is still the starter.

Although I'm sure the media is already stroking it trying to start their goaltending controversy.

Merguson

Banned

Gahhhhh

David Clarkson beckons!

As for the trade. The pick is in 2014 and 2015 which I can live with. 2013 is a strong draft. Keep the picks there for now. Ben Scrivens just gives the Kings a back-up.

No idea how it'll turn out but it gives the Leafs a tandem of Reimer-Bernier. Reimer played well for us, no doubt, but I wouldn't call him a definitive starter. He still hasn't played more than 40 games a season.

ZeroGravity

I'm okay with this.

Once again someone to push Reimer and I'm sure Reimer is still the starter.

Although I'm sure the media is already stroking it trying to start their goaltending controversy.
Sure about that?

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Make no mistake. Leafs management view Bernier as an upgrade. He comes to Toronto as a starter.

Samyy

If Reimer isnt the starter I will personally hunt down and yell at Nonis/Carlyle 24/7

Clowns, Reimer must be feeling like shit right now. First goalie to carry us into the playoffs in nine years and we basically brushed him aside if true.

Smiley90

Soc, open your gates will you please. I need to sell my pears somewhere else so I can afford turnips.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bernier > Reimer, Leaf fans

Nice for Bernier that he'll finally get an opportunity to play regularly

I highly doubt he is. Again, reimer is a great goalie and is very consistent. Not flashy, though. I have a feeling this trade will blow back in our face

Merguson

Banned
Bernier > Reimer, Leaf fans

Nice for Bernier that he'll finally get an opportunity to play regularly

Well, Reimer has the better stats at the moment. Of course, I'm sure the Leafs didn't make the deal without thinking that Bernier could very well be their guy. He'll definitely get the chance, no question.

EDIT: Bernier needs a new contract. Wonder what he'll sign for now that he's Leafs property. Maybe similar to Reimer's deal?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sure about that?

100 percent sure.

James Reimer is the starter going into the season if the season started right now.

Bernier will be given an opportunity to take the net from him though. Again it goes with what Nonis has been doing making sure everyone (not named Kessel or Phaneuf) have competition for their spot.

Reimer has been injured for decent stretches of games the last two years, until he shows otherwise they know they need a starting quality goaltender for when he may go down.

Cake Boss

Banned
Back to the Cana d of A, everyone looks really ugly and overwieght :(

Edit: wtf if anything thses playoffs have taught us is to get softer smaller and get more injury prone players.

That #1 line would look amazing at the Ottawa General Hospital pick up games.

It's a good insurance marker since Reimer is injury prone and hasn't played a full season in 3 years. I still want him to go into the season as the starter because hes earned it after last season and the playoffs, but I do like the fact that we have probably the best goaltending tandem in the league.

Socreges

Banned
I highly doubt he is. Again, reimer is a great goalie and is very consistent. Not flashy, though. I have a feeling this trade will blow back in our face
And DRM is a welcome future? You've been programmed to believe in Reimer, remember. He's a good goalie and I'm not saying otherwise, but Bernier has a higher ceiling and will ultimately be the "1A"

Rumours are a brewin'.

Guys on HFboards, with what I'm told have proven track records saying that EDM has 3 deals done and just waiting for the end of the finals to announce. One of which is supposed to be Zack Smith for Hemsky.
I'm fine with this trade. Smith is usually a non-factor, even more so than Hemsky's injury proneness.

Socreges

Banned
It's a good insurance marker since Reimer is injury prone and hasn't played a full season in 3 years. I still want him to go into the season as the starter because hes earned it after last season and the playoffs, but I do like the fact that we have probably the best goaltending tandem in the league.
Holy fuck

Top Bottom