• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
New Borderlands 2 DLC is awesome.

Borderlands 2 is just so fucking great in general.

Still dont have Last of Us, but getting it soon.

P.S. - Bioshock Infinite didn't suck, but it was one of the bigger disappointments for me in recent memory. Goddamn. So lame.

Twin Peaks is fucking weird.

So good.

Not good

BRILLIANT

simpsons-twin-peaks.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He's very "selective" on the rules he chooses to follow.

This crock of a bill's going to pass anyway.

Not if we make it for another 15mins.

AND DAMN THAT WOMAN IS GOOD. LAYING DOWN THE MALE CARD.

The crowd goes wild lol.

Samyy

Its really depressing because its going to pass isnt it?
Why hasn't sensible America cut off dumb America yet

Dumb is a kind word, that man is literally scum

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm confused. How are they able to hold the vote past midnight?

The official thread moves too fast.

Because the GOP doesn't care about your pesky "rules" and "rights" and "laws". I'm still not entirely sure about the outcome.

jaybeeze

I am downloading it now! If it is as good as Mr. Togue's I will be alright with waiting so long for the last piece of the season pass.

It's pretty good so far, just played maybe an hour. Enemies were pretty hard in the beginning due to me and my buddy only being level 48.

Love how each DLC is so significantly different from the previous. The visuals in this one are amazing, even the music stepped up a bit lol.

Hunter S.

It's pretty good so far, just played maybe an hour. Enemies were pretty hard in the beginning due to me and my buddy only being level 48.

Love how each DLC is so significantly different from the previous. The visuals in this one are amazing, even the music stepped up a bit lol.
From what I understand the difficulty is adjusted to your level. I am glad for this considering it would be easy like the first games otherwise. Good to hear, but I doubt I can play until tommorow which sucks.

Socreges

Banned
How far into it are you?

That first season man, so amazing. The second season is weird on a whole other level.
Seen four episodes.

I should write journal entries after each episode so I can look back at my thoughts afterwards (and people who know the series can too). My mind doesn't know how to interpret some of this stuff. Is this scene terrible? If it's terrible why am I enjoying it?

That moment when I finally understood 'Dream Lisa' from Who Shot Mr Burns? was something else. 18 years later... watching a 23 year old show... reference to the show when it was just 5 years old. Mind blown.

TUSR

Banned
Sounds like you need to get drunk.

I have been drinking since Thursday to decrease the suck of being at home.

Thought you moved here with a few buddies?

Yeah I did, but we are renting a big basement suite and the basic Shaw router is upstairs and inaccessible. Random furniture in a "furnished suite"

I might just buy an iPhone 5 or the 5S when it comes out and tether the LTE to my laptop since I have 6GB of data to use per month.

Socreges

Banned
I have been drinking since Thursday to decrease the suck of being at home.

Yeah I did, but we are renting a big basement suite and the basic Shaw router is upstairs and inaccessible. Random furniture in a "furnished suite"

I might just buy an iPhone 5 or the 5S when it comes out and tether the LTE to my laptop since I have 6GB of data to use per month.
Go to the beach this weekend with your buddies and lots of beer. You'll begin to give less of a shit.

Well, just kinda as a wrap up to the season, some thoughts on the season and players.

First though, two people here PMed me asking why my posts here and in OT differed so much - yeah, I was playing a bit of a character here. As a joke at first, but then the Hawks kept winning, so... Didn't change my avatar or that. :lol

Apologies if I irritated anyone.

At any rate. Just going to quote something I sent to someone earlier.

"What an unbelievable finish to an incredible season. The undefeated start/point streak for over the half of the season, the President's Trophy, the comeback from 3-1 against Detroit in the Semifinals, taking out the defending champs in 5 games and then scoring two goals in 17 seconds against the probably the best defensive team in the league to rally and win the Cup. Unbelievable."

A few things about players.

Bolland: Thanks for the Cup winning goal, but I'd still like to see you gone if it means freeing up space to sign Bickell again. On that note...

Bickell: Awesome seeing him elevate his game in the playoffs and to see him develop chemistry with Toews and Kane was fun. Would love to see him back if we can get him at a reasonable price.

Kane: Awesome yet again but still frustrating at times with the gliding and apathy in his own zone. Was much better as a whole at it though for sure.

Toews: Didn't light it up, but scored when it counted. Played through injuries and still scored a huge goal in game 6. Unbelievable.

Saad: Nothing big offensively, but was a solid puck possession player. A few bad turnovers in his own zone, but those were probably part rookie jitters.

Hossa: Can't believe what he played through. Big in the first couple rounds but dropped off after that. Understandable with that injury. Hope we get one more good season from him before we probably buy him out.

Sharp: Unbelievable effort all postseason. Not many goals to show for it in the Final, but busted his ass every shift and it was fun to watch.

Shaw: Fucking gamer. I know most hate him, but this kid is a tough son of a bitch and a great pest. Offensive upside too at times.

Stalberg: You are absolutely fucking useless. You're good for stretching the defense and then fucking up a pass and negating it all. that's it. Good riddance.

Frolik: Again, busts his ass every single shift. That last goal doesn't happen without his deflection. Love his game and his PKing.

Kruger: Good energy guy, good chemistry with Frolik, especially on the PK. Kinda eh otherwise. Would bring back at a decent price.

Handzus: To quote Shaw, fuckin' a. Playing through that shit at his age. Wow. Timely goal in the final too. Especially with that wrist.

Keith: Good playoffs apart from one or two games. Workhorse as usual.

Seabrook: Good in the finals. Horrible at times but usually solid.

Hjalmarsson: Great playoffs. Still think he was injured possibly though.

Leddy: Shaky at times but solid most of the playoffs.

Roszival: Great pickup. Solid at most times. Hope he comes back at a good price.

Oduya: Hell of a pickup. Some bad turnovers, but generally good.

Brookbank: Fuck you.

Bollig: Fuck you.

Crawford: Unreal. Watching this kid fight his way through the AHL to the NHL and show flashes of his potential in the Vancouver series was fun. Stumbled last year, but came back to form this postseason. Robbed of the Conn Smythe. Proud of him growing up like he has.

Emery: Awesome during the regular season. Go get paid, bro.

Q: Ugh. Stop the line juggling. Should have kept the BTK line together to to start the series, but we won again, so you'll get an extension.

If you told me 5-6 years ago that we would win two Cups in four years and the town would love this team, I would have laughed in your face. Incredible to see. We will lose some players, but we have rookies capable of stepping up. We have the potential to be right back here next season. Love this core and its future.

Incredible season.

Stanley Cup champs again. Feels good.

Socreges

Banned
First though, two people here PMed me asking why my posts here and in OT differed so much - yeah, I was playing a bit of a character here. As a joke at first, but then the Hawks kept winning, so... Didn't change my avatar or that. :lol

Apologies if I irritated anyone.
You weren't exactly the same in both threads? And totally consistent with how you've always been?

Top Bottom