• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

yyzjohn

Banned
I'll be jumping for joy once some trades go down.

Combination of things probably holding GMs back, not least of which is wondering if any big names will be bought out and suddenly become available as a free agent. You don't want to blow your wad and then have someone suddenly available that you can't try to sign.

LJqcQ7Y.png

posted already?

Overcompensating

Montresor

Holy hell were the Bruins trying to kill Bergeron, how do they let him play like this?

"GM Chiarelli expands on Bergeron's injuries: rib cartilage damage, separated shoulder, nerve block, small hole in lung. Played thru all."

Hole in lung...what the fuckkkkkkkk

He killed the Leafs but I love Bergeron. What a warrior. I can be critical of the stupid Bruins medical team and fall in love with Bergeron too...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
lol no Suter-Brodin
*woosh*

Just give us Galchenyuk
And yea I agree Bergeron is really amazing, pretty damn underrated for what he does.
You already have the best passer in the league, you don't need A.Gally.

Potentially (or already, probably) best defensive D pairing, yes. Best offensive D pairing... No idea. Markov-Subban? :lol
Without question, best PP pairing for sure too.

cube444

I can't believe how bad the Lecavalier and Richards deals look now. Both are 33 years old and each have 7 years left on their respective deals.

Lecavalier at $7.73M per and Richards at $6.67M per.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can't believe how bad the Lecavalier and Richards deals look now. Both are 33 years old and each have 7 years left on their respective deals.

Richards is the best 4th line C in the league, don't hate.

Richards should be fine, he should have played during the lockout. If they amnesty him it will have everything to do with cap recapture. But don't think that's happening. Oh well.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
This offseason is going to be depressing. We have one of the worst GMs in the league who thinks his team is SC-caliber and overvalues every single player on the roster. I'll consider is offseason a success if we buyout Jeff Schultz. I can't wait to see what dumpster diving we do this year. It also sucks that there isn't another regular here who is a Caps fan (not counting the multiple accounts that are also Toronto fans).

Samyy

Goddammit is steam not working for anyone else?
Got an itch to jump into Civ 5 and the client wont let me even launch in offline mode, constantly says "updating" but never updates it.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 4m
Chiarelli said B's would like Nathan Horton back. 18 looking for 5-6 yr deal in $6M range. May take less to stay w/Bs

lol

Good because we can't even afford a $5m player unless it's 78 year old Alfie.

Wayne Scanlan@FriedgeHNIC Murray will also need about $5 mil for Alfredsson assuming he returns.

Wayne Scanlan@FriedgeHNIC Ottawa will not spend to cap.

Wayne Scanlan@FriedgeHNIC Murray told me yesterday that the easy fix for the Sens would be a couple of $5 mil free agents, but budget is not there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Richards should be fine, he should have played during the lockout. If they amnesty him it will have everything to do with cap recapture. But don't think that's happening. Oh well.
The cap recapture is a big fucking deal. Richards has to be bought out or the team is fucked in a few years. The only question is do you buy him out now or do you take a gamble that he won't be injured next year? It sounds like the team is leaning towards the latter.

The other issue with not buying Richards out now is that we'll basically have just enough cap space this year to resign our 4 major RFAs (McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, Zuccarello) and that's about it. If we want to actually bring in talent from somewhere else to bolster the roster, we may not have the room to do it. And resigning Clowe is probably right out (though his concussions are mostly to blame there).

The cap recapture is a big fucking deal. Richards has to be bought out or the team is fucked in a few years. The only question is do you buy him out now or do you take a gamble that he won't be injured next year? It sounds like the team is leaning towards the latter.

The other issue with not buying Richards out now is that we'll basically have just enough cap space this year to resign our 4 major RFAs (McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, Zuccarello) and that's about it. If we want to actually bring in talent from somewhere else to bolster the roster, we may not have the room to do it. And resigning Clowe is probably right out (though his concussions are mostly to blame there).

I'm not worried about it. They find a way.

cube444

This offseason is going to be depressing. We have one of the worst GMs in the league who thinks his team is SC-caliber and overvalues every single player on the roster. I'll consider is offseason a success if we buyout Jeff Schultz. I can't wait to see what dumpster diving we do this year. It also sucks that there isn't another regular here who is a Caps fan (not counting the multiple accounts that are also Toronto fans).

Easily one of the worst GM and owner combos in the league.

Don't think this has been posted:

Shattenkirk 4 years, 4.25. As good as that's going to get. Thinking 8/6.25 for Petro now. Stewart is probably the next one that gets announced unless he's overestimating his value.

GO TO HELL!

We really need another big body that can play with Backis and Ovi.

As we saw in the playoffs, Scarlett and Pickles are just happy to defer every good chance.

Horton would be perfect if we don't bring back Ribs...

Also bring back Orlov, Erskine was trash in the playoffs.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
GO TO HELL!

We really need another big body that can play with Backis and Ovi.

As we saw in the playoffs, Scarlett and Pickles are just happy to defer every good chance.

Horton would be perfect if we don't bring back Ribs...

Also bring back Orlov, Erskine was trash in the playoffs.

I'm just having some fun. :p

Oates unfortunately doesn't rate Orlov and is obsessed with playing guys on the side they shoot with. I would rather let Ribeiro go and make sure we sign Mojo and Alzner to good contracts. Buyout Schultz and then use whatever cap space is left to sign a decent FA. I'd also like to get rid of Neuvirth and Laich.

who is Pickles?

cube444

Oates unfortunately doesn't rate Orlov and is obsessed with playing guys on the side they shoot with. I would rather let Ribeiro go and make sure we sign Mojo and Alzner to good contracts. Buyout Schultz and then use whatever cap space is left to sign a decent FA. I'd also like to get rid of Neuvirth and Laich.

who is Pickles?

A few days ago McPhee was saying that he really likes his team, he's not interested in trading Neuvirth and that he won't really be active in free-agency.

It's crazy to think that he's been the Caps GM for 16 years. With a tenure that long, you'd think he has 2-3 Cups under his belt. :lol

who is Pickles?

Backstrom.

A few days ago McPhee was saying that he really likes his team, he's not interested in trading Neuvirth and that he won't really be active in free-agency.

It's crazy to think that he's been the Caps GM for 16 years. With a tenure that long, you'd think he has 2-3 Cups under his belt. :lol

- 5 year plan!
- Young Guns!
- Please buy more tickets!
- Number 1 overall pick John Wall!

On opening day I'd like to see this:

Ovi-Backstrom-Horton ($5.5)
Erat-Ribs($5)-Brouwer
Laich-Perreault-Ward
Volpatti-Beagle-Chimera

Alzner-Green
Carlson-Orlov
Oleksy-Hillen
Erskine

Holtby
Neuvy

Trade Mojo, dude can't cut it in the playoffs when the checking is tight.

Fuck I miss Semin, dude was a beast against Boston.

Samyy

Lets look at the Leafs lineup!

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Grabo-xxxx
xxxx-xxxx-Kulemin
Orr-McClement-xxxx

Phaneuf-Gunnarson
Franson-Gardiner
Fraser-XXXX

Reimer
Bernier

Boy we need some forwards, I don't think im missing anyone? I wonder if some of our prospects will get a chance this year with so many spots open. We just need someone to move Gunnarson to the bottom pairing.

We have some guys that could slot in on the 3rd/4th line but no real center for that line specifically barring we don't sign Bozak and send Grabo to line #3. I could see D'Amigo, Ashton, Kenny Ryan maybe getting looked at. Heck Ziggy is a center, we could slot in McClement on the 3rd line if he can make his way on to the team to center the 4th, but I doubt it. It'll be interesting to see if Biggs can make any type of impact but its doubtful so soon. There is no real spot for any of our D prospects yet so I don't see anything happening there.

(Jones is) the whole package,” Poile told Smashville247.net. “He has size, he’s got great skating, offensive abilities – he could be a Norris Trophy winner. That’s not to say the other guys couldn’t equally be as good, but right now that’s how I would have him, as the best player in the draft.
http://sunbelthockey.com/nhl-draft-nashville-predators-seth-jones/

Go on.... Enough to package some D-men to trade to Col and get your Suter replacement.

Top Bottom