• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Holy hell were the Bruins trying to kill Bergeron, how do they let him play like this?

"GM Chiarelli expands on Bergeron's injuries: rib cartilage damage, separated shoulder, nerve block, small hole in lung. Played thru all."

Hole in lung...what the fuckkkkkkkk

I heard that on the drive home and was in disbelief. Holy shit.

Samyy

Hart (forwards only):
1. Alex Ovechkin - 1st overall
2. Sidney Crosby - 1st overall
3. John Tavares - 1st overall
4. Jonathan Toews - 3rd overall
6. Patrick Kane - 1st overall

Norris:
1. P.K. Subban - 43rd overall
2. Ryan Suter - 7th overall
3. Kris Letang - 62nd overall
4. Francois Beauchemin - 75th overall
5. Zdeno Chara - 56th overall

Interesting, can't blame Colorado for wanting to go with Mackinnon seems like forwards are a safer bet @ 1st overall.

Socreges

Banned
Hart (forwards only):

Norris:

Interesting, can't blame Colorado for wanting to go with Mackinnon seems like forwards are a safer bet @ 1st overall.
That's interesting. But it could always end up being like the 1993 draft:

1. Alexander Daigle
2. Chris Pronger
3. Chris Gratton

ShaneB

Goddammit is steam not working for anyone else?
Got an itch to jump into Civ 5 and the client wont let me even launch in offline mode, constantly says "updating" but never updates it.

Been fine all evening for me. And another civ player, we'll get that big nhl-gaf civ game going sometime this summer!

Samyy

They just post our names beside any rumour because its guaranteed hits
And scouting is much improved since the 90's, its just harder to project defencemen

I would love to join in on the Civ playing but I am a noob to Civ 5 :(

ShaneB

I would love to join in on the Civ playing but I am a noob to Civ 5 :(

Hey I've got like 90 hours in Civ V and I'm still a noob.

Oh god what did they do to steam. Trading cards, exp, bars, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I made 20 bucks selling my cards during the beta. It was fun while it lasted, still pretty cool stuff to put in and add an extra meta game.

Merguson

Banned
:lol

Kulemin, Gardiner, and our 1st.
Thats probably the starting point, I don't see why we should do this
Maybe the update is coming at midnight because someone is getting bought out to make room for players?

I think he's just writing an article that'll go up midnight.

Rossi on @TSN1050Radio - Toronto has emerged as a preferred landing spot for Letang. Penguins want at least 1 roster player/prospect/1st

My guess. It's just talk that won't go anywhere.

Don't want the next Daigle!
After the way he played in the playoffs his values at an all time low. Chiarelli is too smart to ever trade him right now to anyone :lol

Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe was on Prime Time Sports Monday evening and said he is wondering when Seguin will start to play like a first round pick

I brought that up at the Stanley Cup party I went to and no one backed me up that this trade has worked out in the Leafs favour due to Kessel's point production

Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe was on Prime Time Sports Monday evening and said he is wondering when Seguin will start to play like a first round pick

I brought that up at the Stanley Cup party I went to and no one backed me up that this trade has worked out in the Leafs favour due to Kessel's point production

Kessel has developed his game more than Seguin has. The fact that Kessel is faster, better shot and is now a two-way player makes this trade work out for the Leafs. Ron Wilson's Kessel would have made the Bruins win this trade. But RC's Kessel makes it the opposite.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

It's a common topic of conversation around here, especially when seeing him across the ice from Kane (71 pts in 74 playoff games), and after Kessel's (albeit slow) maturation and performance in the first round (21 points in 22 playoff games). Seguin has 18 points in 42 playoff games.

Kessel and Kane both have several more NHL seasons under their belt, but Seguin is gonna need to bring it over the next couple of years, especially in the playoffs. Then we'll really be able to judge his development.

Merguson

Banned
So Toronto has emerged as a "preferred" landing spot but there's been no discussions at all by both sides according to Rossi on TSN Radio.

So uh.. moving on?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hate the Kessel/Seguin discussions with people.

It was all Kessel sucks, Seguin gonna be in the hall of fame. After this season its now "well Seguin is still young"

Seguin is gonna be great in the future but be real and admit Kessel has stepped his shit up since he came here.

Kessel has been great for the Leafs, but at the end of the day people will only see that Seguin has a ring (even if he hitched a ride to get there) and Kessel and the Leafs have only made the playoffs once.

Samyy

I hate the Kessel/Seguin discussions with people.

It was all Kessel sucks, Seguin gonna be in the hall of fame. After this season its now "well Seguin is still young"

Seguin is gonna be great in the future but be real and admit Kessel has stepped his shit up since he came here.

Also last 4 years hes scored 30 goals or more (over 82 games he was projected to do it this season too)

And 2 seasons @ ppg pace.

Now that hes developed more two-way game its hard to be disappointed with Kessel.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hart (forwards only):

Norris:

Said it before and I'll say it again, you do NOT pick a D man with that high of a pick unless you KNOW he's going to be great.

You should've also listed the busts for D for the first 5 vs the stars for the first 5

Busts
Hedman - 2nd overall
Schenn - 5th overall (come at me, Leaf bros! :mad: )
Hickey - 4th overall
Alzner - 5th overall
Johnson - 1st overall
Johnson - 3rd overall
Barker - 3rd overall
Bouwmeester - 3rd overall
Klesla - 4th overall
Zyuzin - 2nd overall
Philips (this really depends on how much stock you put at a stay at home defenseman in a really weak draft) - 1st overall
Berard - 1st overall (in this case though, we never know what would've happened had Hossa not injured his eye)
Redden - 2nd overall (he did have a good few years, but I'd say he didn't produce as much for what he was given)
Berg - 3rd overall
Tverdovsky - 2nd overall

Only a handful of those players are still in the league on a regular basis and even fewer have much, if any, impact.

Doughty, Jovanovski, Pietrangelo, Pronger are the only real gems I could find going back to 1993. That's 20 years...

God I hope this doesn't hold true for Cap'n Morgan :'(

edit: if you also take a look at the top 10 scoring defensemen in the league this year, only Suter, Phaneuf, Green, and Kronwall are the only ones even chosen in the first round.

Razorskin

----- ------
Said it before and I'll say it again, you do NOT pick a D man with that high of a pick unless you KNOW he's going to be great.

You should've also listed the busts for D for the first 5 vs the stars for the first 5

Busts
Hedman - 2nd overall
Schenn - 5th overall (come at me, Leaf bros! :mad: )
Hickey - 4th overall
Alzner - 5th overall
Johnson - 1st overall
Johnson - 3rd overall
Barker - 3rd overall
Bouwmeester - 3rd overall
Klesla - 4th overall
Zyuzin - 2nd overall
Philips (this really depends on how much stock you put at a stay at home defenseman in a really weak draft) - 1st overall
Berard - 1st overall (in this case though, we never know what would've happened had Hossa not injured his eye)
Redden - 2nd overall (he did have a good few years, but I'd say he didn't produce as much for what he was given)
Berg - 3rd overall
Tverdovsky - 2nd overall

Only a handful of those players are still in the league on a regular basis and even fewer have much, if any, impact.

Doughty, Jovanovski, Pietrangelo, Pronger are the only real gems I could find going back to 1993. That's 20 years...

edit: if you also take a look at the top 10 scoring defensemen in the league this year, only Suter, Phaneuf, Green, and Kronwall are the only ones even chosen in the first round.

It's ok, Burke would've picked Rielly 1st overall if he could.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's ok, Burke would've picked Rielly 1st overall if he could.

Oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

Also not that each of these guys really didn't come into their own until at least 4 years. (Piet and Doughty being the quickest). That's why I don't like the pick. If it were a vacuum and we had nothing else Jones would be worth betting on, but the Cats pool has enough promising D-men that we're set for future pairings.

Sucks that this draft went to addressing the Cats and Avs needs, where each of the top teams is happy, to just padding an area where we are set.

Top Bottom