• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, the buyouts have made this offseason already more exciting than last years.

Edit: If somehow we get Vinny and manage to resign Brunner:

Z Dats Brunner/Nyquist

Franzen Vinny Brunner/Nyquist

sooogood.gif
Oh come on, you know that Babcock will keep Abby on the top line with Z and Pavel instead of shoving him down where he belongs on the 4th line.

Z/Pav/Abby
Franzen/Vinny/Brunner
Tatar/Helm/Nyquist
Eaves/Anderson/Tootoo
Miller

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh come on, you know that Babcock will keep Abby on the top line with Z and Pavel instead of shoving him down where he belongs on the 4th line.

Z/Pav/Abby
Franzen/Vinny/Brunner
Tatar/Helm/Nyquist
Eaves/Anderson/Tootoo
Miller

But you forget that Datsyuk LOVES playing with Abby!

Cake Boss

Banned
There have been plenty of calls about Ottawa’s young talent, and Murray is not opposed to putting a package together for a proven scorer.

“The problem is, the names being mentioned (from other teams) are high-salaried guys that don’t fit,” Murray said. “I’m trying to live within the budget. The guys they’re willing to part with are $5-million, $6-million players.”

ahh hell naw, suck my nuts Melnyk. Time to GTFO.

If the GM believes he can improve the club by adding a 5M talent and your not letting him do it because you are a poor fuck now, then you need to get the fuck out of here.

Acid08

Banned
ahh hell naw, suck my nuts Melnyk. Time to GTFO.

If the GM believes he can improve the club by adding a 5M talent and your not letting him do it because you are a poor fuck now, then you need to get the fuck out of here.
Damn that's nuts. 5m is like the base price for proven scorers.

Marvie_3

Banned
Bettman says the future of the Coyotes is up to Glendale

A few days after he used a carrot to entice the local politicians who will determine the fate of the Phoenix Coyotes, Gary Bettman hauled out a big stick and gave them a mighty whack.

If Glendale city council does not approve the latest arena-management offer from prospective buyer Renaissance Sports and Entertainment, which is headed by Canadian businessmen George Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc, by its regular public meeting Tuesday, the NHL will move the Coyotes to another city in time for next season.

The NHL commissioner has made this threat before during the many failed efforts to find an owner for the team the league was forced to buy out of bankruptcy in October of 2009. But now there is a date attached – although Bettman was careful to avoid saying July 2 is a definite deadline or the Coyotes will move to Seattle or Quebec City.

“That’s something that needs to be done by July 2,” Bettman said Thursday. “It’s difficult to see why, if council turns this down, we would want to keep this in Glendale any longer. We will have to see the options and there are many.”

Strachan (D), Theodore (G) and Weiss (C) will all test FA. Weiss going is the end of an era. It will weird to not see #9 on the roster come opening night. Couldn't ask for a more stalwart of player on and off the ice. Great guy, sad to see him go.

In other news this off season is set to suck horribly. Lost Weiss, lost a future 1C and we'll end up drafting yet another D-man this year and wait 4-5 years untill he can pull his weight. Yet we are still in the bottom of the league for goals and are heading into the season with no actual 1C. Likely Mattias will fill that spot and Shore/Bjugstad in the 2C. Versteeg probably won't be ready for the season start and word is Jovo's recovery is going poorly so he'll be LTIR at the start of camp. I should get familiar with next years pool.

We'll sign Weiss and Vinny!!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I pray this Phoenix nightmare is over on July 2. There have been way too many times when I think they're gone and it had yet to happen.

yyzjohn

Banned
Acid, when does the window close for this offseason?

A 3rd round pick might be more enticing than a compliance buyout.

The big thing is how much weight Gillis places on the Canucks having a cap hit in several years if Luongo is traded instead of bought out (assuming he retires before his contract is up). He's not really showing his hand.

A 3rd? They won't even get a 7th for Luongo with that contract.

yyzjohn

Banned
"I don't plan on giving up the net" -James Reimer to Jonas Siegel when asked about Bernier

I don't think Bernier is ready for Reimtime

Reimer needs to stop with the big juicy rebounds if he's actually serious about this. Also needs a fucking glove hand.

Marvie_3

Banned
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
Listening to Viktor Stalberg, it doesn't sound like he'll be re-signing with #Blackhawks. Believes he deserves more consistent minutes.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Eat shit, dickhead.

You know what's hilarious? The draft is being held in NJ but everything else is taking place in NY.

lol Newark. Should have just had it at the Garden.

zedge

nah Tanguay had more goals than Jones had points last season, Tang was 3rd in your team's overall scoring, Jones was 13th in Colorado.

They were considering buying him out.

Maybe a change is what he needs. Not hard to be top 3 goal scorer on the Flames. ;) Younger and bigger though.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
NESN let Naoko Funayama go. What the fuck. This is more devastating than losing in the Finals.

Watching the NBA draft right now, theres no question the NHL draft is the best out of all of them. I mean, they way trades work out, they got a kid wearing a Utah Jazz hat talking about what it's gonna be like in Minnesota. Ridiculous.

cube444

Bernier will sleep with Reimer's mom.

ijOpkOViATaAR.gif

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Hearing that Letang camp informed Penguins earlier tonight that they were turning down an 8-year contract offer worth around $56 million.

Holy shit how much does he want?

DomZ

If the Bruins can't re-sign Horton, you think they'll just move Seguin to the 1st line? I don't see them giving Horton what he wants(6mil) even if they are able to make the cap space.

Socreges

Banned
Christ...

He has an opportunity to play with possibly the best forwards in the game. Why not take a small 'paycut' and give your team a chance? Maybe he wants out

Top Bottom