• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

He definitely wants out. He's kinda getting dragged through the mud recently. People saying his success is because of Crosby/Malkin. Maybe he wants to prove himself. Who knows.

cube444

He definitely wants out. He's kinda getting dragged through the mud recently. People saying his success is because of Crosby/Malkin. Maybe he wants to prove himself. Who knows.

Recently got engaged too. Wonder if that's another possible issue too. Closer to Mtl? Etc.

Christ...

He has an opportunity to play with possibly the best forwards in the game. Why not take a small 'paycut' and give your team a chance? Maybe he wants out

This is what happens when you get rid of front-loaded contracts.

Getzlaf and Perry for $8.6 million was only the beginning.

Fei

Is the salary cap being artificially held down in 2014-2015 like it is this year? If not, the market will be flush with cash next offseason, and Letang will make a killing as an UFA. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is the salary cap being artificially held down in 2014-2015 like it is this year? If not, the market will be flush with cash next offseason, and Letang will make a killing as an UFA. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

No. It's set at ~64M this year and then next year it's back to being based off revenues.

ShaneB

If Letang signs anywhere for 8 years for that much money I give it 2 years before the GM realizes it was a terrible deal, and can't trade him, like every other long term deal so far.

Acid08

Banned
If Letang signs anywhere for 8 years for that much money I give it 2 years before the GM realizes it was a terrible deal, and can't trade him, like every other long term deal so far.
Contract would probably have an NTC or NMC on it too. These long contracts suck. Front loaded contracts suck. There's just no winning now. High value FA's aren't a viable option for a lot of teams now.

So who's afraid of heights?
BN0HXCiCQAAbXsk.jpg

Nurse photobomb lol

cube444

So apparently Brad May says he talked to one of Lecavalier's ex Tampa teammates and they told him that Vinny has no desire to sign with a Canadian based team.

Calvillo doesnt look that comfortable out there. Hes exposed without Trestman to cover up his weaknesses.

Lol at Letang. Pens can get like three captains for him in a trade.

Marvie_3

Banned
How many days does it take to get built? I got the signature like...4 or 5 days ago I think.

I'm just waiting for Shampoodle.

Mine will be open tomorrow. I checked it out in a different town.

Shampoodle shouldn't be open for anyone yet unless they time traveled.

Acid08

Banned
Mine will be open tomorrow. I checked it out in a different town.

Shampoodle shouldn't be open for anyone yet unless they time traveled.
Yeah it'll take a bit I guess. The only requirements are 10k spent between Able Sisters and Kicks with Kicks having to be open for 7 days. So it shouldn't take that long.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Toronto - everyone hates
Montreal - too much pressure
Ottawa - no money
Edmonton - he's too old
Calgary - LOL :(
Vancouver - would they have cap space? And then they'd have 3 centremen...

No

Maybe if we get rid of Luongo. Also we have Kesler&Henrik, and we're not gonna overpay for a 3C, when we could just resign Roy for that. Plus, we have Schroeder coming up who'll make a decent 3C for a lot less money. Unless Vinny plays wing... then we can put him with Kesler&Booth. Or try him with the Sedins, who knows.)

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah it'll take a bit I guess. The only requirements are 10k spent between Able Sisters and Kicks with Kicks having to be open for 7 days. So it shouldn't take that long.

I'm way past this. I just buy everything and throw everything I don't want on the ground by my gate. Then visitors can just take/catalog what they want. :lol

calder

Calvillo doesnt look that comfortable out there. Hes exposed without Trestman to cover up his weaknesses.

This game has been the absolute opposite of what I expected. Still think they'll blow it some how. ;(

Against my better judgement I'm excited by the trade rumors and now expect fireworks. Again, if nothing else FA day is going to be fucking awesome.

Top Bottom