• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

yyzjohn

Banned

That's not what Nonis said. He said he wasn't looking to move Phaneuf. Said nobody is untouchable but there are unlikely guys in a trade and Phaneuf is one of those. No GM is going to tell you if he's getting interest on his players (minus Gillis and his 4-5 teams in on Luongo)

Merguson

Banned
Brad Richards will remain a Ranger for the time being.

Smart move. See what happens with Vigneault. If it doesn't work out, there's a window next off-season.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I want Letang to FLA for Gudbranson + 2nd overall or EDM for Yakupov + 7th overall. Letang would have to committed to signing though to get such a return.

calder

I will be too, after Yzerman fucks up by not selecting him.

I would riot of we had the third pick and didn't get Drouin (assuming MacK-Jones went before). If Stevie Y gets cute and decides on Barkov or Nurse or something I'd fume, but I'm sure he won't.
not actually sure, Stevie seems a tad unconventional at times

TSN's noted draft idiot Craig Button's mock draft:
13 WPG Max Domi C/LW London (OHL)

Now *this* would make me fucking riot. Jesus what a disaster that would be, I'd see Tie goddamn Domi throwback sweaters on the streets again and lose my mind.

drooling-homer2pesw.gif

God I'm so, so jealous of whoever gets Drouin.

Same boat. Ugh. He's the only reason I kinda wish the Flyers had fallen apart more.

Razorskin

----- ------
I would riot of we had the third pick and didn't get Drouin (assuming MacK-Jones went before). If Stevie Y gets cute and decides on Barkov or Nurse or something I'd fume, but I'm sure he won't.

Of course Stevie Y wouldn't do that

He'll draft Nichushskin

yyzjohn

Banned

TSN's noted draft idiot Craig Button's mock draft:

Now *this* would make me fucking riot. Jesus what a disaster that would be, I'd see Tie goddamn Domi throwback sweaters on the streets again and lose my mind.

It makes total sense. Domi was popular in Winnipeg and his son is supposed to be good.

tie_pizzahut.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 4m

Impact of Kris Letang since 2009: when Letang is on the ice Pascal Dupuis scored 60% of his goals. Kunitz 69 % Crosby 68% Malkin 60 %

Stasis

Oh lawwwwwwwd. Richards staying? I'm gonna die a little every time he gets hit =/

Nothing against beaver but he better fucking produce under AV. He's preventing me from getting a shiny new toy and I'm all foot-stamping tantrum'd out. Fuck.

I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't gonna get bought out. Let's see what happens. Maybe he can convince his buddy Vinny to come on a sweetheart deal.

Quick

Banned
I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't gonna get bought out. Let's see what happens. Maybe he can convince his buddy Vinny to come on a sweetheart deal.

Yeah, I'd like to think that the Rangers aren't jumping at the chance just yet. Maybe this is just one bad season, and he'll bounce back. If anything, they still have another buyout window next summer.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

That's going to have to be one heck of a deal. With Richards on the books, the Rangers have about $14m of cap space to work with.

McDonagh is probably going to get around 4.5.
Stepan about 4.
Hagelin maybe 2.5-3.
Zuccarello about 1-2.

Even on the low end of that scale, that's about 12m for just those 4 guys, meaning the Rangers likely have about 2 million to play with. And that's without signing Ryane Clowe or Steve Eminger. And we would only have 6 signed defensemen, not counting prospects, one of whom is a somewhat questionable Marc Staal given his injury.

Not a whole lot of wiggle room. Not even much room for major trades. Probably the most valuable piece available to move right now is Del Zotto, but I don't think you can really trade away any defensemen at this point, even if you get one back.

This is basically an all in gamble that THIS team can win the Cup THIS year.

Quick

Banned
According to Gaf-OT, I am now sexist when I hold the door open for a lady or pay for a dinner when I take my girlfriend out.

It won't be long before the O in Off Topic Discussion dons a tiny Fedora.

I sort of skimmed through it, I feel like they're one idiot poster away from turning it into a "men's rights" thread.

Alucard

Banned
Letang should fetch a first rounder and a roster player if Shero is serious about shopping him around before or during the draft.

Alucard

Banned
I think Letang will definitely get the Staal treatment to avoid sour feelings from Letang throughout the season. If he goes, I'll miss him. He's always exciting despite his shortcomings.

Alucard

Banned
Wherever he potentially goes, the Pens will probably want a dman in return. They've got some really promising prospects in the minors, but they'll need someone to support Paul Martin, who will now have to carry a good chunk of the defensive responsibility. I feel okay with that if he plays like he did last season.

Letang should fetch a first rounder and a roster player if Shero is serious about shopping him around before or during the draft.
I'm surprise no one is looking at Jordan Staal as a comparable.

If Staal was able to fetch a top 10 pick, a good young roster player and another good young prospect, while having a year left on his contract, I Letang easily getting a bigger haul.

cube444

I'm surprise no one is looking at Jordan Staal as a comparable.

If Staal was able to fetch a top 10 pick, a good young roster player and another good young prospect, while having a year left on his contract, I Letang easily getting a bigger haul.

Kind of different in that Staal was a lock to sign with Canes. The team trading for Letang would probably want to negotiate with him before they give away that much.

Alucard

Banned
Pretty happy with how the Staal situation has turned out so far. Would definitely like to see more production from Sutter next season, but also pleased with the numbers Dumoulin and Pouliot are putting up in the minors. They'll be the real markers of how the Staal deal went down. Pretty exciting time.

In Shero I trust. Just hope he doesn't go after a bunch of vets at the deadline this season. Pens have enough vets now in Malkin and Crosby alone.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last year EA does that. Brodeur is the greatest (or top 2) goalie of all time, but I'm sure EA would rather have a younger superstar on the cover.

Top Bottom