• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

McKenzie:
"I would certainly think so. I think no team including the Vancouver Canucks would put a finite deadline on when this has to be solved, but I believe it is the goal of the Vancouver Canucks to come out of this weekend with Roberto Luongo no longer on the roster.

Now they believe there are some trade options available for them, we can't find them. The New Islanders are apparently out, they're not interested. The Philadelphia Flyers, we believe Roberto Luongo's a little too rich for their blood. And yet we continue to hear that there are things in the works and things are percolating, and something may happen.

If not a trade then maybe it's waivers, and if it's not waivers the Canucks have basically said they're not interested in buying him out..."
I guess it's confirmed them.

The Vancouver Canucks are going to murder Roberto Luongo.

MacAttack

Better get used to seeing this

NHT1yNk.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun A long list of teams have inquired on Lecavalier and San Jose is among the teams that will keep tabs on that situation...

Interesting that he specifically mentions us. I'm sure its just tire kicking though.

Samyy

So for none hockey talk, Civ 5 is starting to grow on me. Don't know if I enjoy it more then Civ 4 yet but theres a ton of new things to learn which is fun. Also, does this game move at a slower pace then Civ 4? And theres a crap ton of Civs which is awesome!

Time to load up the Canada civ mod!

Hockey talk:
I don't think the Leafs could ever trade Kessel because our depth at RW is atrocious and we have no one that could fill in on the 1st line for that position, sorry Acid :(

Give us Pavelski anyway <3

Cake Boss

Banned
Interesting that he specifically mentions us. I'm sure its just tire kicking though.

SJ similar weather to Tampa plus the Dan Boyle connection from 2004.

BoobyMac says that we're trying to trade up to pick up Monahan. The cost to get in the top 10 will probably be very steep though.

cube444

Here's Seth Jones being interviewed by Columbus. Pretty cool to see how tough the interview process must be for these kids. Seth Jones looks like he has a good head on his shoulders:

Link

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is this guy reliable?
He doesn't have a lot of scoops but from what I've seen from him, if he throws something out then there's something to it. If true L.O.L. at that dumb ass Gillis, ego came to bite him in the ass, remember when "5 teams were interested"? :lol :lol

Curufinwe

SJ similar weather to Tampa plus the Dan Boyle connection from 2004.

BoobyMac says that we're trying to trade up to pick up Monahan. The cost to get in the top 10 will probably be very steep though.

I think the cost will be prohibitive, same as moving from 11 to 2. You would probably need to move to 5 or 6 to get him.

They need to wake up and think about trading Schneider. He's a ufa in 2 years, is there even a guarantee he would re-sign?
He's spent the last 8 years trying to land this job, he signed a 3 year deal when he could've easily refused. It's a safe bet that he wants to stay here. My issue with trading Schneider, is that this story will unfold again with Luongo if Lack turns into the real deal. Then Eriksson. Then Cannata. It won't end.

Marvie_3

Banned
Coyotes are dead brahs. 7-0 against the original proposal and RSE said they need the five year opt out. They dead.

Not quite yet. Glendale sent a counter proposal back to RSE. If RSE rejects it, then they might be dead. Until the NHL officially pulls the plug on this nonsense, they're still there. They've been "dead" too many times already.

Now someone needs to leak what the NHL's plan B has been all along and how long they've been working on it
Mexico City
14 minutes

yyzjohn

Banned

Double this. The entire league would laugh at the Gillis BS spin on why he had to buy Luongo out.

Funny thing with these shit contracts being bought out, usually the guy responsible for the original shit deal is long gone like that Vinny deal. In Vancouver its fucking Gillis who negotiated Luongo and now he has to buy him out. Great move fathead.

Top Bottom