• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cake Boss

Banned
What is a high asking price? Well, one team wanted the Senators to package up centre Kyle Turris and the No. 1 pick to move up in the draft. Turris is one of the club's building blocks, so that's not going to happen

Thank god they didnt trade away the bust.

calder

I think it has to be Quebec, which is awesome in every way except for alignment.

Seattle would be great except without an NBA team there first there is no shot of them getting a publicly funded arena, and you know owners don't like paying for those things themelves anymore, that shits expensive! Why not have the locals foot the bill then give them all the revenue, it works almost everywhere else? :p

This is based on that NBA relocation plan moving Sacramento to Seattle still being dead, I don't follow that at all.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think it has to be Quebec, which is awesome in every way except for alignment.

Seattle would be great except without an NBA team there first there is no shot of them getting a publicly funded arena, and you know owners don't like paying for those things themelves anymore, that shits expensive! Why not have the locals foot the bill then give them all the revenue, it works almost everywhere else? :p

This is based on that NBA relocation plan moving Sacramento to Seattle still being dead, I don't follow that at all.

Quebec can always play in Chicago's division for 2 years and push Colorado to the Pacific. It's not ideal but it's better than having QC in the Pacific.

Supposedly the Seattle arena plan can be redone if an NHL team is first but I'd be surprised if it happened.

The Panthers owners make a shit ton of money off that arena. If they don't have the team, they don't make money off the other events in the arena.

How the Panthers make money despite, er, losing money

Oh, so while the Panthers are essentially locked into a pattern of substandardness and irrelevance for another couple decades, the team probably isn't going anywhere.

calder:

In a Coyotes-to-Seattle scenario, Ray Bartoszek and Anthony Lanza have been identified as the lead investors. The group would purchase the Coyotes for $220 million, and former Coyotes star Jeremy Roenick would help run the team's operations, CBC's Kelly Hrudey reported on the network's "Hotstove Tonight" program Saturday.

Hansen's arena proposal has a Memorandum of Understanding that an NBA franchise must be approved to play in Seattle before ground can be broken using public funds. Hansen has stated that he would consider starting construction of the arena for an NHL team, however

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I'm playing Final Fantasy IV on my DS and loving it. It's giving me the nostalgic feels mixed with modern gaming bells and whistles.

Alucard

Banned
Is Letang a Leaf yet? How about Vinny?

They're burning the midnight oil to hammer out a deal. Letang apparently wants a personal psychologist to help him deal with the Toronto media since he's rarely faced real criticism from Pittsburgh media and has a fragile psyche.

cube444

They're burning the midnight oil to hammer out a deal. Letang apparently wants a personal psychologist to help him deal with the Toronto media since he's rarely faced real criticism from Pittsburgh media and has a fragile psyche.

:lol

I still say Pens sign Letang.

Alucard

Banned
:lol

I still say Pens sign Letang.

By the sounds of it, there's almost no chance of that happening unless Letang is okay with "settling" for "only" 7 million a season. Some numbers for other dmen in the league:

12.PNG

He basically wants to be the highest cap hit dman in the league by the sounds of it.

Saving this for when horrible things happen.

That is fine. I was dead on about them missing the playoffs last year and I was really down on them when it looked like they might keep Bryz, but now that that trash is gone I feel like things are going to be much better. Bobby Ryan is going to be a great Flyer.

Heretic

By the sounds of it, there's almost no chance of that happening unless Letang is okay with "settling" for "only" 7 million a season. Some numbers for other dmen in the league:

12.PNG

He basically wants to be the highest cap hit dman in the league by the sounds of it.
I love that Beauchemin, arguably one of the best defenders in the league, is nowhere to be found on that list :D

MPW

Same with this years Norris winner :D

habs should sign subban to long term this summer and get it over with, one less distraction to deal with throughout the season

i wouldn't mind vinny to habs for a short term contract (3 years), gives gally time to develop into a bonafide #1 C

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
habs should sign subban to long term this summer and get it over with, one less distraction to deal with throughout the season
I imagine Bergevin will, I would be surprised if he hasn't signed a new contract by the trade deadline.

That is fine. I was dead on about them missing the playoffs last year and I was really down on them when it looked like they might keep Bryz, but now that that trash is gone I feel like things are going to be much better. Bobby Ryan is going to be a great Flyer.

It's not gonna matter if you have to trade a D-man for him since it would make an already mediocre d-corps that much worse.

Huh? This upcoming season is the last year of his current contract.

Oh the Habs are going to be paying a lot of money on that one lol, thought he had 2 more years

And it's hard to keep track of all these contracts in MLB, NHL, NFL and NBA

And I'm getting older

:(

Mii

Banned
So I'm stranded in Ottawa after a connecting flight left without me.

It's total bizarro world up here.

Did TSN seriously just censor ass?

What the fuck is up with Canadian TV? Does it always melt down like this?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh the Habs are going to be paying a lot of money on that one lol, thought he had 2 more years

And it's hard to keep track of all these contracts in MLB, NHL, NFL and NBA

And I'm getting older

:(
Bergevin took a bit of a gamble, but he won't have any qualms about paying a Norris winner what he deserves.

Mii

Banned
Also why is white vinegar on every table here? Is that shit even edible? I've only ever seen it as a cleaning product.

I apparently ended up here during Canada Day. It seems Canadians use the day to be total slackers. According to everyone I talk to, I ended up stranded in the capital at a great time.

Also why is white vinegar on every table here? Is that shit even edible? I've only ever seen it as a cleaning product.

I apparently ended up here during Canada Day. It seems Canadians use the day to be total slackers. I apparently ended up stranded in the capital at a great time.

It is not Canada day.

White vinegar is also great on fish and chips.

Mii

Banned
Canada Day long weekend

Which they seem to treat as some super massive slack time

Want to rebook a flight? Sorry, Canada Day. Want breakfast? Sorry, Canada Day. Want to ask a question of concierge? Sorry, Canada Day

So I'm stranded in Ottawa after a connecting flight left without me.

It's total bizarro world up here.

Did TSN seriously just censor ass?

What the fuck is up with Canadian TV? Does it always melt down like this?

melt down? what

if only you could see what city tv used to show friday nights.....

Americaland shuts down for July 4th eh

Top Bottom