• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not quite yet. Glendale sent a counter proposal back to RSE. If RSE rejects it, then they might be dead. Until the NHL officially pulls the plug on this nonsense, they're still there. They've been "dead" too many times already.

Mexico City
14 minutes

There's no chance in hell RSE or Fortress would agree to the terms, NHL needed an answer by July 2nd... Yes or no... Glendale gave them a strong no

See this: https://twitter.com/cmorganfoxaz/status/350784012035424257

DopeyFish

Yeah I already read that....but stranger things have happened. I'm done proclaiming this team dead until it officially happens. :lol

COG is trying to place blame on NHL again... That's why they are "counter proposing"

NHL will just say the city overwhelmingly turned them down.

This won't go to another vote.

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 7s https://twitter.com/cmorganfoxaz/sta...90517430304769
COG will post notice of July 2 vote tonight even though RSE will not agree to the proposal they're posting. You can't make this stuff up...

yyzjohn

Banned
Kadri, Gardiner, and a 1st? :D I'd be tempted by that to be honest.

Nonis doesn't strike me as a guy ready to mortgage the future on one player like that. Yeah Letang is good but Nonis was around through all the Kessel shit and I don't think he wants to go down that path. Price on Letang in a trade is way too high for what you're getting.

Marvie_3

Banned
COG is trying to place blame on NHL again... That's why they are "counter proposing"

NHL will just say the city overwhelmingly turned them down.

This won't go to another vote.

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 7s https://twitter.com/cmorganfoxaz/sta...90517430304769
COG will post notice of July 2 vote tonight even though RSE will not agree to the proposal they're posting. You can't make this stuff up...

Well aware of this shit dopey.

yyzjohn

Banned
Fucking Bettman and Phoenix. It's like having a buddy that has a real bitch as a girlfriend and everyone tells him to dump her but he won't. Keeps saying she'll change, you'll see give her time. Only thing wrong with this analogy is that Bettman is nobody's buddy.

DopeyFish

Fucking Bettman and Phoenix. It's like having a buddy that has a real bitch as a girlfriend and everyone tells him to dump her but he won't. Keeps saying she'll change, you'll see give her time. Only thing wrong with this analogy is that Bettman is nobody's buddy.

But bettman did say that it was all or nothing. Glendale must agree or the team is done and they didn't agree.

I just hope it doesn't go to Seattle when quebec is dying for a team... Everything in the quebec market is ready

It seems like all of the Big 4 are investing much more time and energy into franchise-location retention than ever before. I think the NHL did the right thing here: as annoying and painful as it has been for the fans, it does show the potential groups in new locations (such as a Quebec or a Seattle) that the league will support a struggling franchise.

Samyy

But bettman did say that it was all or nothing. Glendale must agree or the team is done and they didn't agree.

I just hope it doesn't go to Seattle when quebec is dying for a team... Everything in the quebec market is ready

Who moves to the West?

Totally agree, Quebec NEEDS a team, I'll feel whole again if the Nordiques come back.

DopeyFish

Also another reason why quebec over Seattle? Quebec would go nuts for free agency day.

The thing that really really really really fucking blows is Shane Doan... If he retires, they are FUCKED with that cap hit unless they can trade him

Mayor Jerry Weiers: "We’re going to vote on Tuesday. The only thing that might happen is (RSE) may come back and say 'you know what, we were kidding. We really didn’t mean what we said' and I sort of expect that’s exactly what they’re going to say. 'We weren’t really serious about we’re leaving.'

"If they are they are. That’s a risk all of the council members this morning (agreed was) fine.”

Bettman doesn't react well to aggression

Also another reason why quebec over Seattle? Quebec would go nuts for free agency day.

The thing that really really really really fucking blows is Shane Doan... If he retires, they are FUCKED with that cap hit unless they can trade him

I'm sure Doan will let them buy him out and then retire.

Not enough lols in the world.

image.php

DopeyFish

Mayor Jerry Weiers: "This is the way it should have been. We should had an agreement with the council, we should have had an agreement with (RSE) and everybody is in lockstep and understands, then we take it to the public.

"We were pushed into a situation that wasn’t right. It was very unprofessional -- should have never happened, but it is what it is and here we are.”

And the blame game begins

Curufinwe

Who moves to the West?

Columbus and Detroit both go to the Midwest, giving the West 15 teams.

Philly moves to the South, and Quebec joins the (North)East division.

sp0628-hockeydiv620.jpg

Top 8 teams from each conference make the playoffs, with top two seeds being the two division winners in each conference. Columbus and Detroit won't have to go to the West Coast any more than the Eastern Conference teams if they balance the schedule like this.

Teams in the eight team divisions play three of the teams in their division six times, and the other four teams five times = 38 games, and play the other 22 teams twice = 44 games.

Teams in the seven team divisions play the other six teams six times = 36 games, and play the other 23 teams twice = 46 games.

DopeyFish

ahahahaha RSE proposal would give them rights to any proceeds from condemnation of jobing.com arena and any insurance proceeds from property damage

jesus fuck

Just announce it tomorrow, Gary.

Please.

And I know QC is ready, but I would LOVE to see a Seattle team. I think it's a great market waiting to happen. QC will get one with expansion.

Can you imagine the crazies if Quebec gets a team? Salt levels will be at an all time high when the Canadiens and Nordiques play. I also wonder how many people will defect from the Canadiens...

Just announce it tomorrow, Gary.

Please.

And I know QC is ready, but I would LOVE to see a Seattle team. I think it's a great market waiting to happen. QC will get one with expansion.

NHL can get a tonne more in expansion fees from QC and Tor#2. Seattle IMO is the likely move.

Seattle Sasquatch here we come!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Can you imagine the crazies if Quebec gets a team? Salt levels will be at an all time high when the Canadiens and Nordiques play. I also wonder how many people will defect from the Canadiens...

I hope they make the GM of the team the RDS crew. Finally a team that will give us a first rounder for Desharnais!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully all the Price bashers and fucktards who won't accept an Anglo coach defect to the Nordiques.

RC

Banned
I'd love for Seattle to get a team just to have a rival within driving distance. Something you easterners take for granted.

And any other name than the Metropolitans would be sacrilegious.

Marvie_3

Banned
NHL can get a tonne more in expansion fees from QC and Tor#2. Seattle IMO is the likely move.

Seattle Sasquatch here we come!

If QC is getting outbid by Seattle owners that are going to lose a ton of money until they get a new arena, the expansion fees aren't going to be as high for QC as people think.

Top Bottom