• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Vinegar is delicious on salads.

It's also good on its own once a year or so in a TINY amount

Not Canadian though.

and :lol @ Campbell's cap hit

RC

Banned
Canada Day long weekend

Which they seem to treat as some super massive slack time

Want to rebook a flight? Sorry, Canada Day. Want breakfast? Sorry, Canada Day. Want to ask a question of concierge? Sorry, Canada Day

Ip24e71.gif

Mii

Banned
I'm going to go visit Parliament Hill tomorrow. Any other sights to see? I have maybe 3 hours total, and I'm about 13 minutes walk south of Parliament Hill.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, so while the Panthers are essentially locked into a pattern of substandardness and irrelevance for another couple decades, the team probably isn't going anywhere.

calder:
You sound as bitter about the Panthers as Quick is about the Jets.

It's not gonna matter if you have to trade a D-man for him since it would make an already mediocre d-corps that much worse.
Pittsburgh makes the playoffs with a shit defense.

calder

calder:
In a Coyotes-to-Seattle scenario, Ray Bartoszek and Anthony Lanza have been identified as the lead investors. The group would purchase the Coyotes for $220 million, and former Coyotes star Jeremy Roenick would help run the team's operations, CBC's Kelly Hrudey reported on the network's "Hotstove Tonight" program Saturday.

Hansen's arena proposal has a Memorandum of Understanding that an NBA franchise must be approved to play in Seattle before ground can be broken using public funds. Hansen has stated that he would consider starting construction of the arena for an NHL team, however
Ahh, that makes sense then. I had only heard about it from when the Sacremento move looked liked it was going to be OKed, and everyone talked about it like the NBA had to go before the arena would be built. Interesting that they would consider starting for an NHL team first... and it's very smart as nothing is more encouraging to any league as work on the facility already being started or recently completed. Makes any future NBA move or expansion to Seattle much easier to pull off.

I'm torn, I'm still super excited for a team in Quebec but I think Seattle would also be very interesting for a lot of reasons. We need another team no one gives a shit about so we can move both at once. ;)

Ahh, that makes sense then. I had only heard about it from when the Sacremento move looked liked it was going to be OKed, and everyone talked about it like the NBA had to go before the arena would be built. Interesting that they would consider starting for an NHL team first... and it's very smart as nothing is more encouraging to any league as work on the facility already being started or recently completed. Makes any future NBA move or expansion to Seattle much easier to pull off.

I'm torn, I'm still super excited for a team in Quebec but I think Seattle would also be very interesting for a lot of reasons. We need another team no one gives a shit about so we can move both at once. ;)

Give the Devils and Blue Jackets some time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What do you have against he Blue Jackets dude. Didn't they for the first time make a profit last season? (because it was lockout-shortened? :p )

Weren't the Hawks in serious trouble in the early 2000's? The BJs may be able to build a larger fan base if they get lucky in a draft or keep improving and make the playoffs a few years in a row

Marvie_3

Banned
Weren't the Hawks in serious trouble in the early 2000's? The BJs may be able to build a larger fan base if they get lucky in a draft or keep improving and make the playoffs a few years in a row
They weren't in danger of relocating or anything but the trouble they were in was self inflicted due to having the fucking worst owner in sports. Going out of your way to fuck over fans of the team is now how you do things. The fact that he got booed during the moment of silence dedicated to him after he died says it all.

Revenant

They weren't in danger of relocating or anything but the trouble they were in was self inflicted due to having the fucking worst owner in sports. Going out of your way to fuck over fans of the team is now how you do things. The fact that he got booed during the moment of silence dedicated to him after he died says it all.

If I recall as well the Hawks have always been funded through other Wirtz businesses, part of that was the whole they were terrible and everyone hated bill wirtz part, but its been that way for quite awhile even before the dark years, still is now, however they're slowly weening off that method as they make the hawks the marketing behemoth they are today. Some people may have wrote some doom and gloom articles about how the hawks were going to disappear back in the day to sell papers but I can't recall a single serious mention of anything like that from anyone that mattered.

yyzjohn

Banned
Homer is going to make some great moves and have them back in the playoffs next year. Bryz was holding them back and now that he is gone things will be much better.

You have to have faith that a GM with the affectionate bumbling name of "Homer" will turn it all around.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm going to go visit Parliament Hill tomorrow. Any other sights to see? I have maybe 3 hours total, and I'm about 13 minutes walk south of Parliament Hill.

July 1st is where the shits at in Ottawa. Fucking Carly Rae Jepsen is going to be performing at Parliament.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
McKenzie and Dreger are both saying talks are picking up for Schneider. I just want something to happen today. I know my team won't do anything so watching other teams make moves is exciting.

yyzjohn

Banned
McKenzie and Dreger are both saying talks are picking up for Schneider. I just want something to happen today. I know my team won't do anything so watching other teams make moves is exciting.

That would be even more stupid that signing the Luongo deal. Gillis trades.Schenider to save face that there's no market for Luongo and he doesn't want to buy him out.

You sound as bitter about the Panthers as Quick is about the Jets.

Pittsburgh makes the playoffs with a shit defense.

Flyers defense is WAY worse than Pitts, especially when you subtract one of their only defensive d-men, and last I checked Flyers don't have the 2 best players in the world centering their top two lines. Crosby and Malkin get them into the playoffs.

ZeroGravity

I can't believe Gillis won't swallow his pride and buyout Luongo. If you're incapable of doing that and would rather trade your better goaltender just so you don't have to admit you massively fucked up, you should be fired immediately.

E-DuB

Knowing other teams they probably won't be offering true value for Cory because they know the situation that Gillis is in and that he's desperate to do SOMETHING.

Er, why wouldn't we consider dealing Schneider?

I guess it's possible Schneider can be a long-term franchise goaltender, but I think Habs and Blues fans know what the other possibility is. So far Schneider is young, composed, and hasn't won more than a single playoff game in any given round. Plus we're a franchise that's supposed to be stacked with goalie prospects.

Razorskin

----- ------

I guess it's possible Schneider can be a long-term franchise goaltender, but I think Habs and Blues fans know what the other possibility is. So far Schneider is young, composed, and hasn't won more than a single playoff game in any given round. Plus we're a franchise that's supposed to be stacked with goalie prospects.

Because they can actually get something valuable in return for Schneider.

Quick

Banned
And you know there's going to be Canucks fans defending this potential trade...

Oh, here we go.

Top Bottom