• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Fine, everyone wants to die in Detroit.

He would look great in red and white
.......and blue.

Caps_zps5910ba45.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NEVAH!

I'd love to have Seguin, but I wouldn't trade the two even straight up. I think AGally's ceiling is several storeys higher than Seguin's.
Gally had more points in half a season in his rookie year then Sequin had in 74 games :lol I'd laugh in someone's face if they wanted to trade them 1 for 1.

Also Gally wasn't listed for the Habs development camp, so they basically see him as a full fledged NHLer, hopefully he gets the top 6 minutes he deserves this season.

Red_Man

so what rumours out of the habs camp?
They're been pretty tight lipped, all I've seen is possible shopping of Pleks, and Bergevin said himself they're considering Vinny, but it's dependent on a few variables. Eklund has his yearly hype bullshit saying something massive is suppose to go down.

Solo

I predict that, us usual (2009 Cammy/Gomez/Gio/Moen/Gill/Spacek splurge excepted), Habs will do very little in the off-season. We likely won't be landing any of Lecavalier/Vanek/Ryan/Seguin/Briere/etc.

I think Bergevin firmly believes that you have to build a contender from within your own ranks. I agree, but its a painful wait to get there.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I predict that, us usual (2009 Cammy/Gomez/Gio/Moen/Gill/Spacek splurge excepted), Habs will do very little in the off-season. We likely won't be landing any of Lecavalier/Vanek/Ryan/Seguin/Briere/etc.

I think Bergevin firmly believes that you have to build a contender from within your own ranks. I agree, but its a painful wait to get there.

Your avatar somehow makes Sean Connery look like Curtis Joseph

Just wanted to put it out there

Red_Man

Bergevin was with the Hawks for the construction of their current cup team and knows the value of Toews + Kane to that team, it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to make a big move up in the draft to get someone to play along Gally in the same way.

Bergevin was with the Hawks for the construction of their current cup team and knows the value of Toews + Kane to that team, it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to make a big move up in the draft to get someone to play along Gally in the same way.
Not named Lars Eller?

I kid, I know what you're talking about.

Solo

If we could move Pleks and/or DD, then I'd love to get in on the Vinny sweepstakes. 3 or 4 year deal max though. If we could roll Lecavalier-Eller-AGally-White/Dumont down the middle, I'd be happy. Although in all likelihood it would be Lecavalier-Eller-DD-White/Dumont, as a) DD is unmovable, and b) AGally will likely get one more full season on Eller's wing before moving to centre.

EDIT: I'd give up a fair bit to move up to 3rd pick to snag Drouin and secure dat Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher future.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@JSportsnet: Me: Just was to confirm that you will not use CBO on Luongo? Mike Gillis: I just don't know yet.

Red_Man

Not named Lars Eller?

I kid, I know what you're talking about.
I'm pretty excited to see what Eller can do this season with how strongly he ended last season, hopefully he's given legitimate PP time. I'm pretty sure I saw a stat somewhere that he had the same amount of PP points as DD with only a fraction of the PP time DD gets.

If we could move Pleks and/or DD, then I'd love to get in on the Vinny sweepstakes. 3 or 4 year deal max though. If we could roll Lecavalier-Eller-AGally-White/Dumont down the middle, I'd be happy. Although in all likelihood it would be Lecavalier-Eller-DD-White/Dumont, as a) DD is unmovable, and b) AGally will likely get one more full season on Eller's wing before moving to centre.

EDIT: I'd give up a fair bit to move up to 3rd pick to snag Drouin and secure dat Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher future.

Except you'd absolutely be moving Galchenyuk to get that pick

Solo

With 6 of the first 90 picks, if Timmins/Bergevin can have a draft as strong as their 2012 one (call me a homer if you want, I don't think any team drafted better than Montreal in 2012), our cupboards will be stocked for a very long time.

Red_Man

Look up a few posts dumdum.
Solo know's that would cost one of them, and Habs are also stacked on valuable D prospects and players they could move to trade up, not as high as top 5, but definitely could get into the top 10. Quite a stretch to turn Solo's dream into a "DD + 7th rounder Habs are always ridiculous" narrative you got there.

Solo

Solo know's that would cost one of them, and Habs are also stacked on valuable D prospects and players they could move to trade up, not as high as top 5, but definitely could get into the top 10.

I could see Bergie flipping Beaulieu (if he's not in jail lol) or Ellis or Thrower or some combo to move up some spots.

Red_Man

I think the 2nd rounders we have are at 34 and 36? Something like that, they're really close to the first round so they're quite valuable. Even if they don't trade them, Timmins can work his magic and land another Collberg.

Solo

:lol

hope DD gets his head out of his ass next year.

I just want DD gone :/

Patches, on the other hand, needs to drop his prima donna "I don't need to go to the dirty areas anymore" bullshit attitude that resulted in him playing the worst he's played in the NHL.

Alucard

Banned
Shero giving the exact same speech about Letang as he gave about Staal last season.

From penguins.nhl.com:

“There is a time to make a deal, time to sign a contract, agree on a contract or not agree on a contract,” Shero said. “There is a point in the negotiation where you have to make a decision. Kris is going to have to make one and so am I.

“I don’t have the crystal ball and I don’t know what will happen over the next 24 hours. We’ll see how the next day and a half goes. Both sides have to make some decisions. We’ll go from there.”

But Shero said the two sides didn’t have “more distance” as the negotiations have progressed. He also noted that even if a deal isn’t reached in the next few days, the team won’t necessarily trade Letang, which has been widely speculated in the media.

“That doesn’t mean if we don’t agree on a contract that he’s getting traded,” Shero said. “There’s no guarantee. Maybe you need a little break to see where it takes you.”

Other NHL teams have reached out to Shero regarding Letang’s rights. However, he isn’t entertaining any offers at this time.

“I can’t try to sign a guy and try to trade him at the same time. I’m going to try to sign him,” Shero said. “I’ve had a couple teams inquire. They read the paper. They ask to keep them in mind. I haven’t explored any of that. I don’t think that’s productive at this point. Our goal is to sign him.”

--------

Last season, 3 days before trading Staal:

Shero didn't get into specifics but made his intentions clear. Teams are inquiring daily about Staal, Shero said, but he remains uninterested in any offer.

“People read the newspapers and so maybe they think he's available,” Shero said. “That stuff is all speculation. I have made it clear to every team that has asked. I don't want to trade Jordan. I'm not listening to offers. I want Jordan here. I want him here for a long time, and that's what I'm going to try to do.”
Shero passionately maintains that he is completely invested in signing Staal, who is getting married Friday.

Attempting to orchestrate a trade while simultaneously working out a contract for Staal would be disingenuous, according to Shero.

“You can't have it both ways,” Shero said. “I can't try to negotiate a contract with Jordan and a trade with another team at the same time. It doesn't work that way. We don't want to trade Jordan. We think we can sign him.”

Top Bottom