• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well, bob mckenzie has 30 minutes before the pre-draft... So 1 hour

In total: 2pm EST until 11 PM EST if this schedule is correct

So I should tune it at 11am PST? kk. I can do that. I'll watch until the Canucks pick or something.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rob Rossi who is usually pretty reliable says this about Letang, paraphrasing:

Montreal, SJ, and Philly have expressed interest, and the Pens would be looking for a top prospect + roster players + a draft pick.

A Subban-Letang PP pairing would be ridiculous, I'd give up Beaulieu + 34th pick but I don't know who the Pens would want from the Habs roster, we don't have anyone worth anything upfront outside of AGally, BGally, Eller and Patches and we're not moving them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well, no. Because they usually only show the first round iirc (I can't remember because I don't watch)

Always had to watch the other rounds on NHL Network. I look forward to the extra analysis for the canadian teams picks this year, I'll have it on in the background with family over, and pop in to pay attention when Montreal picks.

Yeah I don't think Montreal has the pieces to obtain Letang, not anything I'd be willing to give up.

Acid08

Banned

Montreal, SJ, and Philly have expressed interest, and the Pens would be looking for a top prospect + roster players + a draft pick.

A Subban-Letang PP pairing would be ridiculous, I'd give up Beaulieu + 34th pick but I don't know who the Pens would want from the Habs roster, we don't have anyone worth anything upfront outside of AGally, BGally, Eller and Patches and we're not moving them.
No way our interest is more than just tire kicking. No cap space and have nothing to trade.

Alucard

Banned

Pens would have to get an AGally/BGally-type return for someone like Letang, especially with the Habs' drafting position this season. Pens would also need a dman in the deal. I don't know enough about the Habs' defenders to choose.

Letang/Subban on the PP could be good or bad...they're both right-handed shots.

Hunter S.

Really wish I knew what the fuck was gonna happen tomorrow. Not sure if all the Mac talk has been a bluff to fleece Florida when Roy is really sold on Drouin. Not even sure if Mac is better than Drouin at this point. Tough calls to make for us shitty teams.

Nah, I think the media is trying to make it a bluff just for a story. Does Sakic really seem like the games playing type? I think not amigo.

Red_Man

Pens would have to get an AGally/BGally-type return for someone like Letang, especially with the Habs' drafting position this season. Pens would also need a dman in the deal. I don't know enough about the Habs' defenders to choose
Yea, that's why it won't happen. AGally not in a million years, BGally is closer to reality, but Bergevin would be dumb to give him up when we already have a better version of Letang.

Alucard

Banned
Yea, that's why it won't happen. AGally not in a million years, BGally is closer to reality, but Bergevin would be dumb to give him up when we already have a better version of Letang.

Stanley+Cup+Finals+Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Detroit+HELyzGVggpDl.jpg

"Enjoy your Norris, PK!"

P.S. Never doubt the power of Shero to fleece a team.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah sadly it looks like the Pens and Habs share the same strengths and weaknesses in their prospect pools. They've got some good defensemen coming up, which is too bad because that's the one area we can give up comfortably. We don't have enough promising young forwards to trade the ones we do have.

Alucard

Banned
For those not instantly familiar with Shero's work:

26-Feb-08 Acquired right wing Marián Hossa and left wing Pascal Dupuis from the Atlanta Thrashers for centers Erik Christensen and Angelo Esposito, right wing Colby Armstrong and a 2008 first-round pick

26-Feb-09 Acquired left wings Chris Kunitz and Eric Tangradi from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for defenseman Ryan Whitney.

04-Mar-09 Claimed right wing Craig Adams off waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks; acquired right winger Bill Guerin from the New York Islanders for a conditional draft pick

21-Feb-11 Acquired left wing James Neal and defenseman Matt Niskanen from the Dallas Stars for defenseman Alex Goligoski.

06-Jun-12 Traded Jordan Staal to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Brandon Sutter, Brian Dumoulin and the Hurricanes 8th overall selection at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft (which the Penguins used to select Derrick Pouliot).

Red_Man

Yeah sadly it looks like the Pens and Habs share the same strengths and weaknesses in their prospect pools. They've got some good defensemen coming up, which is too bad because that's the one area we can give up comfortably. We don't have enough promising young forwards to trade the ones we do have.
Letang isn't a team need anyways, he would just be a luxury so it's not terrible they can't make the moves to get him. It'd be wise to take the assets it would cost to get him and use them on a big power forward or big stay at home D-man.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Letang isn't a team need anyways, he would just be a luxury so it's not terrible they can't make the moves to get him. It'd be wise to take the assets it would cost to get him and use them on a big power forward or big stay at home D-man.

Yeah I agree.

For those not instantly familiar with Shero's work:

26-Feb-08 Acquired right wing Marián Hossa and left wing Pascal Dupuis from the Atlanta Thrashers for centers Erik Christensen and Angelo Esposito, right wing Colby Armstrong and a 2008 first-round pick

26-Feb-09 Acquired left wings Chris Kunitz and Eric Tangradi from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for defenseman Ryan Whitney.

04-Mar-09 Claimed right wing Craig Adams off waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks; acquired right winger Bill Guerin from the New York Islanders for a conditional draft pick

21-Feb-11 Acquired left wing James Neal and defenseman Matt Niskanen from the Dallas Stars for defenseman Alex Goligoski.

06-Jun-12 Traded Jordan Staal to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Brandon Sutter, Brian Dumoulin and the Hurricanes 8th overall selection at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft (which the Penguins used to select Derrick Pouliot).

That Neal trade still makes me shake my head.

Alucard

Banned
No one on the Flyers that really interests me. Maybe Couturier? Any good dmen back there?

Sharks have...Brent Burns? Logan Couture? I dunno.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Shero is about to pull highway robbery again tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Welp, I'm drunk. On #12 of 12 Brooklyn Summers. Been going through Uncharted 1 (after TLOU, totally inferior) and watching Happy Endings on my laptop, trying to finish a beer before each ep is over. I'm getting ready for tomorrow!

I like you.

Honestly, it's the only gundam series i've watched, but I'll never forget going through it for the first time. Champloo is my favorite anime series thought.

Apropos of nothing, but going through happy endings, I can't believe Cuthbert is marrying Phaneuf. That guy is such a fucking nerd. He must have a hammer.

TUSR

Banned
Honestly, it's the only gundam series i've watched, but I'll never forget going through it for the first time. Champloo is my favorite anime series thought.

Apropos of nothing, but going through happy endings, I can't believe Cuthbert is marrying Phaneuf. That guy is such a fucking nerd. He must have a hammer.

Sean Avery's sloppy seconds is worse than being a nerd.

Gundam Wing is one of the best Gundam series, its the best in my books for nostalgia, people tell me otherwise but they're wrong.

Top Bottom