• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Curufinwe

Isn't Coburn supposed to be good? I keep seeing his name pop up but I always think of the flyers looking for d-men.

He's supposed to be good, but playing as the lead guy on the second pairing this year he was terrible. He just doesn't have the hockey sense or puck skills for that.

Merguson

Banned
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) tweeted at 9:36 AM on Sun, Jun 30, 2013:
Will VAN's Alex Edler get "Jeff Carter-ed"? (Traded right before his NTC kicks in). I'd say there's a decent chance Edler gets "Carter-ed."
(https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/351333299102285824)

All these talks of players moving.

I just hope there's a decent amount of movement today. Otherwise, the GMs will take the whole summer to do anything, if they do anything.

All this hype. Nothing's going to happen.

(Except the Flyers getting fleeced or wasting draft picks or any other number of horrible things.)

go go magic Vatstep pessimism shield?

Cake Boss

Banned
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 18m

Every team will have 3 minutes to make his pick today at the draft. One 5 minutes timeout per team is allowed.

Is this a new rule?

Merguson

Banned
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 18m

Every team will have 3 minutes to make his pick today at the draft. One 5 minutes timeout per team is allowed.

Is this a new rule?

I think they've always had a limit on how long teams have to make their pick. This might be a shorter limit since the draft is in one day. Not sure.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah, they're gonna at least have to try to keep things moving very swiftly today. Starting at 3pm on a Sunday is so goofy. Gonna be a long night for a lot of people.

Merguson

Banned
“@TSN1050Radio: .@DarrenDreger reporting strong chance #Leafs could move into Top 5. Have had some discussion with Hurricanes.”

Hm.. Interesting.. Bob McKenzie mentioned the Hurricanes wanting a Top 4 D (and more depending on the return) if they move the top five pick.

Right now, that's definitely Gardiner.. not sure what else could be included.. the price is pretty significant to move up in the draft..

I imagine it is just the Leafs kicking the tires on anything..

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
I've been told that the Penguins and Kristopher Letang are close to a deal. Small details to resolved and contract will be official. #RDS

So much for a Letang trade.

MacAttack

I think the Seguin trade rumors are a not-so-subtle attempt by the Bruins to motivate him. But if the Leafs (or any team desperate enough) want to give up two first round picks and Gardiner, the Bruins would gladly double down on fleecing Toronto.

Sad to see Horty and Ference go but it opens up opportunity for guys like Seguin, Soderberg, Krug, Bartkowski and Dougie to develop next year during the regular season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hm.. Interesting.. Bob McKenzie mentioned the Hurricanes wanting a Top 4 D (and more depending on the return) if they move the top five pick.

Right now, that's definitely Gardiner.. not sure what else could be included.. the price is pretty significant to move up in the draft..

I imagine it is just the Leafs kicking the tires on anything..

So much for a Letang trade.

Gardiner ain't being traded for 5th.

People seem to forget he's one of the best players from his draft class- you'd be lucky to get a gardiner quality player at 5th

Stupid risky trade, lateral at best.

I'd see franson or Phaneuf with pick(s) and maybe a prospect

Cake Boss

Banned
Gardiner ain't being traded for 5th.

People seem to forget he's one of the best players from his draft class- you'd be lucky to get a gardiner quality player at 5th

Stupid risky trade, lateral at best.

I'd see franson or Phaneuf with pick(s) and maybe a prospect

iOIG3dYK3LbTM.gif

iOIG3dYK3LbTM.gif

Solo

Guys, I won't be on GAF during the draft today, but I'll be watching and masturbating silently in the shadows. Just know that I will cum once for every Habs pick. Also know that whoever the Habs pick at #26 will be better than MacKinnon. Believe!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I think the Seguin trade rumors are a not-so-subtle attempt by the Bruins to motivate him. But if the Leafs (or any team desperate enough) want to give up two first round picks and Gardiner, the Bruins would gladly double down on fleecing Toronto.

Sad to see Horty and Ference go but it opens up opportunity for guys like Seguin, Soderberg, Krug, Bartkowski and Dougie to develop next year during the regular season.
My thoughts as well.

Razorskin

----- ------
Ok, story.

There was a "share your favourite memories" thread on the Thrashers board soon after the move to Winnipeg was official, I posted a video of a new report saying the Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg.

Right now he's probably the 7th best defenceman of that draft.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I won't be on GAF during the draft today, but I'll be watching and masturbating silently in the shadows. Just know that I will cum once for every Habs pick. Also know that whoever the Habs pick at #26 will be better than MacKinnon. Believe!

Number 25, even better!

Razorskin

----- ------
Boo

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Le contrat de Kristopher Letang. 8 and / 58 millions (#58!) 7.25 moy/année. Clause de non-échange. Son choix de 15 équipes. #RDS

Cake Boss

Banned
How is he not one of the best?

Stamkos, doughty, karlsson, eberle are better and I put him at 5th

People undervaluing gardiner hardcore, kinda sad

:lol please stop. More like you are overvaluing Gardiner hardcore, kind sad.

lol how about Pietrangelo, Bogosian, Hodgson, Boedker, DelZotto, Carlson, Stepan, Markstrom, Schultz,Hamonic.

Many of these guys have proven a whole lot more than Gardiner in the NHL so far.

Cake Boss

Banned
Boo

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Le contrat de Kristopher Letang. 8 and / 58 millions (#58!) 7.25 moy/année. Clause de non-échange. Son choix de 15 équipes. #RDS

lol so it was even worse, it wasnt a 1M difference, nor was it a 500k difference, it was 250k difference keeping him from signing.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 5m

Leafs and Canes have talked about 5th overall. Might cost Toronto Morgan Rielly as part of a package. Not close, but discussed.

lol I thought Franson would do it.

I tend to agree. Look at their cap situation if they do sign him at $7M AAV.
Stolen from HFB.

Malkin (9.50)
Crosby (8.70)
Letang [7.25]
Fleury (5.00)
Neal (5.00)
Kunitz (3.85)

[$39.30M] of the $64.3M salary cap spent on 6 players.

Pens need no other players confirmed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lol so it was even worse, it wasnt a 1M difference, nor was it a 500k difference, it was 250k difference keeping him from signing.

lol I thought Franson would do it.

You mean franson with first and a prospect, right?

Franson alone wouldn't

Gardiner alone would, but would be lateral at best

Rielly alone would but is also lateral at best

:lol please stop. More like you are overvaluing Gardiner hardcore, kind sad.

lol how about Pietrangelo, Bogosian, Hodgson, Boedker, DelZotto, Carlson, Stepan, Markstrom, Schultz,Hamonic.

Many of these guys have proven a whole lot more than Gardiner in the NHL so far.

Much rather have gardiner over any of those guys, sorry.

But keep talking, I'll just add it to the kadri crow that's being dished on everyone

https://twitter.com/capgeek/status/351357742725865473

Have to imagine this spells the end for Dupuis in Pittsburgh, though I'm not convinced whatever he signs for an a UFA is going to be worth it since he won't be riding shotgun on Sid's line anymore.

He had 59 points last year playing mainly on Staal's line, that's without being on the PP. He's also very good defensively and kills penalties, he has a lot of value. Whatever team he goes to will fall in love with him, the dude is a workhouse.

Top Bottom