• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Wow...

That's actually sad that Columbus can't sign him for that much. I'm sure he'd get a hefty return though.

They probably could, but I think they're reluctant to sign him for that much after one good year of play. From what I understand he's threatening to go to the KHL if he doesn't get a contract to his liking, so now they're trying to shop him. If they can get an insane return for him, I can see them pulling the trigger.

EDIT:
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP 51s
on @SN590 our @TheFourthPeriod says EDM has offered package including Devan Dubynk and 7th overall for Veziina winner Sergei Bobrovsky

That would give CBJ four 1st round picks. They could probably trade some of the later ones and a prospect or two for Schneider and be set at goaltender.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Preferring Gardiner over Pietrangelo might be the most bizarre thing I've ever read in a NHL GAF thread.

I really meant gardiner over all those guys except piets

I keep forgetting I didn't write him in my list of players from the draft class

It's happening as predicted. After the lockout, elite players salaries and cap hits soar and the middle class and lower players will get squeezed.

hmm ... i never expected pens to do that, WTF is going on with pens?

They landed two franchise players and a Norris finalist d-man and decided to pay them? Letang is the only one getting a real pay bump. Crosby's been at the same cap hit for years and Malkin only got a small increase over his last contract. The Pens have been putting their money down the middle and skimping on the wings for years now. Their gameplan hasn't really changed.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 28s

Tyler Kennedy in play by the Penguins. Could be the type of forward San Jose is after

The east gets less ugly with 1 trade.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Marc Bergevin predicts he will be busy. He still sees an opportunity to move up in Draft. Habs have 1 player in mind they want to draft.

Zack Fucale? as a 16 year old played all the games for the Mooseheads, as a 17 year old wins the Memorial Cup. Very good goalie. I think he won the U18 as well for Canada.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 28s

Tyler Kennedy in play by the Penguins. Could be the type of forward San Jose is after

The east gets less ugly with 1 trade.

Oh please take him San Jose, so I don't have to see his ugly pig face score against the Flyers every damn game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Again... Are you high?
Are you fucking high? Gardiner top 5 from his draft? Rielly not worth a 5th in this years draft? Jesus Christ.

Zack Fucale? as a 16 year old played all the games for the Mooseheads, as a 17 year old wins the Memorial Cup. Very good goalie. I think he won the U18 as well for Canada.
If the Habs move up, it's not for a goalie.

Tabris

Man I am really scared VAN will target a top young centre and we may be in a Cody Hodgson situation again with reduced playtime due to being behind Henrik and Ryan.

Wait until Ryan Kesler has either confirmed he is too injury prone to be that consistent second line centre (one more injury) or until the Sedins have slowed down too much to be our first line.

We need a 1st line winger more than anything.

Samyy

Lazar, Rychel, Pulock
Pick anyone one of them and I wont be that mad.
Pulock only if Lazar and Rychel are taken.

I don't know how to feel about Gauthier but a couple of mocks have us taking him.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah, i would much rather have gardiner over those and would have absolutely zero regrets

iOIG3dYK3LbTM.gif

Just stick to the business side of hockey.

Red_Man

Brodeur said Montreal and Pittsburgh expressed interest in Anthony.

Yeah, i would much rather have gardiner over those and would have absolutely zero regrets
:lol :lol :lol unreal. You probably believed Burke when he said they had Rielly ranked 1st overall too right?

Red_Man

People say I over hype Subban who won a Norris, I don't want to imagine what Leaf fans would be saying about him if he was a Leaf with this Gardiner bullshit....

Why would they give you the franchise?
Rumours about him leaving Winnipeg for a while, but it would take a Subban like player to get him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Brodeur said Montreal and Pittsburgh expressed interest in Anthony.

:lol :lol :lol unreal. You probably believed Burke when he said they had Rielly ranked 1st overall too right?

No. I'm still on the fence about rielly tbh... I would rather have gardiner over him... Actually I believe he's the best player the leafs have and I was all over kadri and kessel

Bookmark this if you have to

Cake Boss

Banned
Guessing 5.5 for 3 years.
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 1m

It's possible we see Evander Kane traded today. Hearing there's a couple teams who have approached Jets.

These rumors are getting out of hand, anyone can approach anyone to talk about any player, doesnt mean they are on the market or would be traded today.

Feaster could have went to Shero to ask about Crosby, Shero could have said eat shit and hung up, doesnt mean he is on the market.

Socreges

Banned
These rumours have always been out of hand. Benefits everyone but the fans who are left holding their dicks.

I think there will be... one significant trade today. Would love to be proven wrong, though. I'll be checking twitter every so often.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 9s

Said one NHL team exec on the draft floor: "I bet you we see 10 trades today at least."

Bullshit, same thing was said after the Finals finished.

Do 5th rounder + 6th rounder for a 4th rounder count as trades.

Top Bottom