• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

So the Pens are screwed cap space wise in the long run right?

A lot of people expect the cap to be back up to $70m within the next two years, and continue going up from there. The Pens have a ton of good defensive prospects to help ease their cap situation for awhile. I wouldn't be shocked if they had three ELC players on the roster come the season after next when Letang's new contract kicks in.

The next year when all these contracts kick in, the cap should be around 67 mill. It's going to go up from there but seems like it.

Still don't see even with the cap going up that they can keep quality depth on their roster.

Secretly hoping they get screwed on cap space or sign a whole bunch of old players and get swept out of the playoffs again

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It would have been kind of exciting if it was Justin Faulk and not Falk. I didn't know the latter existed until I saw the news.

Rielly, a 5th overall who has progressed as expected.. Who will see NHL action likely this year...Is not worth 5th overall? Are you high?

That means nothing. Even Dreger said it would be part of a package. ZERO NHL games. In no way is he alone worth the #5 outright.

I'm sure he's gonna be a great player but get out of the bubble here.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Way to state your case.

He's a 5th overall pick from last year and leafs held him back entirely because what happened with the last D they took (Luke Schenn)

His value hasn't diminished at all.

If he wasn't performing, if he started smoking what you're smoking, iff he started doing stupid shit in public THEN his value would drop

It's either you made a mental lapse or you have HFBoards syndrome where you are obsessed over potential instead of the actual.

He's a 5th overall pick from last year and leafs held him back entirely because what happened with the last D they took (Luke Schenn)

His value hasn't diminished at all.

If he wasn't performing, if he started smoking what you're smoking, iff he started doing stupid shit in public THEN his value would drop

It's either you made a mental lapse or you have HFBoards syndrome where you are obsessed over potential instead of the actual.

At the end of the day he's a prospect. PROSPECT. a prospect alone does not get you that high of a pick outright.

Cactus

Banned
It's all about perceived value.

GM#1 - Yakupov has proven he can play in the NHL and will improve every year. Though MacKinnon is said to have a higher ceiling, he has never played a pro hockey game and may not have an impact this coming year, or at all.

GM#2 - Though Yakupov had an excellent rookie season, I think it would be best to stick with the 1st overall pick. While there's more risk, a top prospect like MacKinnon can potentially eclipse Yakupov's success. The risk is worth the potential reward.

Plus, a GM with a high pick will most likely play hardball since he can simply use the pick and probably end up with a great player if his potential trade partner doesn't meet his demands.

I do agree that Rielly straight up would be a tough sell. It would probably take more.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Bobrovsky being offered to teams by the Blue Jackets. Told he wants $6 mil per. Columbus in market for a goalie.

:lol

Kifimbo

Great decision by CBJ. Sell high. I really doubt Bobrovsky will have another season like this year. And there is always the possibility he'll leave for Russia.

Cake Boss

Banned
Again... Are you high?

This year's top 10 > 2012's top 10.

There is a reason why the prices are really high for a top pick in this year's draft. the top end talent in this year's draft looks to be as good if not better than 2008's.

Sean Monohan or Lindholm would have went in the top 5 of last year's draft.

Vezina or not I wouldn't pay that much for a goalie with 1 good year and no playoff experience

He should take a moderate 1-2 year and prove himself like Rask.

Cake Boss

Banned
Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 3m
Talks have commenced on new deal for Rask. My bet on cap number is $7.5m-$7.8m, beginning this Oct. 1.

ibhbL3TQPwmOyg.gif

Cactus

Banned
Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 3m
Talks have commenced on new deal for Rask. My bet on cap number is $7.5m-$7.8m, beginning this Oct. 1.
Holy crap. Rask is an outstanding goalie, but I'm not sure if he's worth that much so early in his career...especially with the cap going down.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wonder what would have happened if Bob won the NHL 14 cover then 5 days later he signs with another team, would they have changed the jersey on the cover or would they have just kept it?

Wonder what would have happened if Bob won the NHL 14 cover then 5 days later he signs with another team, would they have changed the jersey on the cover or would they have just kept it?

Something similar happened with Brett Favre when he signed with the Jets. They made his Jets cover available for download I believe.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Something similar happened with Brett Favre when he signed with the Jets. They made his Jets cover available for download I believe.

Wasn't that after he announced his retirement, then after the covers were printed/game shipped he came out of retirement to play with the Jest?

And they did make it downloadable.

Top Bottom