• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Revenant

The only backdoor deal there was Gillis getting bent over.

EE-Flip-Orioles-2.gif

Crushed

Ownership was likely not going to pony up the cash to buyout Luongo.

No one wanted to trade for Luongo.

You could say Gillis's hands were tied but the Oilers had a better offer. Bernier got a better return.

Yes, Gillis, let's build for the future by trading a young goaltender.

RC

Banned
Lets wave goodbye to that window.

Another centre? Sure it's not like we desperately need a winger or a big bodied d-man. Keep Lou? Sure it's not like he's prone to getting blown out, or is old or is not the goalie you build your future around.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Step away for an hour, return to hear Lou nabs Schneider for the 9th pick?

PARTY TIME.

devils-harlem-shake-o.gif

Enjoy :'( You'll have another top5 goalie ready to replace your top5 goalie. Damn.

Hoping Lu has a presser later to announce his retirement.

More like Brodeur's retirement presser. They can't really run a Brodeur/Schneider Tandem, or will they?

Tabris

I JUST CAN'T GET OVER THIS. THIS IS THE WORST MOVE THE CANUCKS HAVE MADE IN GILLIS' TENURE. WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THE PICK IS HORRIBLE. A 3RD FUCKING LINE CENTRE?!?!?!

TRADE THE SEDINS TO A TEAM THAT FUCKING DESERVES THEM. CAUSE THIS TEAM DOESN'T. ARGH, SO MAD.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I JUST CAN'T GET OVER THIS. THIS IS THE WORST MOVE THE CANUCKS HAVE MADE IN GILLIS' TENURE. WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THE PICK IS HORRIBLE. A 3RD FUCKING LINE CENTRE?!?!?!
Your tears make this the best day. So good, it's DESTINY MAN.

Curufinwe

And the morons on NHL Network who said the Flyers might trade up to draft Fucale before NJ should be ashamed. He was never going in the top 10.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That was Vancouvers offer, Oilers passed

Feel bad for Domi if Phoenix picks him

So why didn't they lower the offer...?

They got a straight up 1st round pick and used it on what the people are projecting as a 2nd/3rd line centre for a #1 goalie that was as good if not better than Loluongo.

Cagey

Banned
Enjoy :'( You'll have another top5 goalie ready to replace your top5 goalie. Damn.

More like Brodeur's retirement presser. They can't really run a Brodeur/Schneider Tandem, or will they?

I think I've had fantasy "hey what if we get Schneider as teh replacement" talks with fellow Devils fan friends for a few years now. Conversations tended to end with "well we can dream."

On retirement, it's up to Marty, and to be frank, I would let Marty do whatever Marty wants to do. He's earn that right.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
At least the Nucks still have Lack.

We also have Ericsson. We're fine on goaltending, that's not the issue with this trade.

I think I've had fantasy "hey what if we get Schneider as teh replacement" talks with fellow Devils fan friends for a few years now. Conversations tended to end with "well we can dream."

On retirement, it's up to Marty, and to be frank, I would let Marty do whatever Marty wants to do. He's earn that right.

I've mentioned Schneider/Luongo to the Devils several times here too, and it makes complete sense, but the return is just... not enough. :'(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"He uses his hands for good, not evil" hahaha

Revenant

THE FUCKING ISSUE IS WE GOT ROBBED. AND THEN WE ALSO MAKE A FUCKING SHITTY PICK FOR A THIRD LINE CENTRE!!!!!

SORRY FOR ALL THE SWEARING.

If it makes you feel any better I think I busted a rib earlier today.........................from laughing too much when that trade got announced.

Top Bottom