• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

The Vinny deal is not that bad for Philly. Defense and Goalie are more pressing needs, but their offense sucked last year too with giroux being the only decent C for the season. More size in the middle will help a lot IMO, but i think they're still going to suck next year if they don't shake up the D. Either way they're a cusp playoff team at best and thats only if Steve Mason doesn't play as bad as he usually does.

People aren't laughing at Philly for the Vinny deal. Their just pointing out that they bought lobster with the money they should have used to pay the rent. Their D might be the worst in the division, and the goaltending is a gigantic question mark.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh god, Alvarez. Does NOT look like a representative LOL.

She's on the right track though.

Smiley90

TO THE HOCKEY

I laughed at that too LOL.

"the... uh... to the hockey." THE HOCKEY

"the money is.. uh... from those... revenues... it'll pay UP TO 9 million! we promise! okay maybe lower!"

... where do the other 6 million come from? you're losing 6 million in the BEST CASE.

Smiley90

"How much profit did we make... from the... arena... coyotes..."

answer; "I don't know"

wat? That seems like the most obvious number to know. We all know it's negative.

calder

Wait a minute, why are you saying "profit"? That's an imaginary thing that never happens with actual, popular arenas in other places, nevermind here!

SPOILER: I think the number you're looking for *shuffles some papers around* is, uh, zero. Zero profit.

E-DuB

So I just got in from class and I got my popcorn and my Steamwhistle and I'm watching this stream and it baffles me -- BAFFLES -- that there is THIS much push back and nonsense to keep a moneypit where it is.

Smiley90

I don't understand how they're HOPING to operate with 6 million LOSS a year. in the BEST CASE SCENARIO, if revenue is as high as they want. Which it won't. And they have no idea where to get ANY additional money if they lose more than 6 million. Not to mention, you know. Lose 6 million.

I don't understand how they're HOPING to operate with 6 million LOSS a year. in the BEST CASE SCENARIO, if revenue is as high as they want. Which it won't. And they have no idea where to get ANY additional money if they lose more than 6 million. Not to mention, you know. Lose 6 million.

Yeah, it sounds ridiculous.

Top Bottom