• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

After watching this for the past hour... I think I need to get more involved in my local municipal politics.

I knew it. Every fucking time. Uncle Gary must be smiling from ear to ear.

Coyotes have a new owner and the NHL doesn't have to deal (yet) with the stain of relocating a team away from a large TV market.

CCF23

tumblr_mgd94s62Fm1qz99y7o1_500.gif

Samyy

I feel for the people who don't give a shit about this team that have to pay for their existence while public works are going to be cut.

Exactly, this is fucking pathetic.
You should be worrying about having your city functioning properly before bending over for investors on shit like this. Its fucking pathetic.

I just can't believe these people are elected officials. Fucking brain-dead, moronic examples of "leaders". And they voted any opportunity to save their city from disaster, into a fucking abyss. For what? Absolutely crazy. Deserved fate. Can't wait to revisit this shitty mess in a few years.

Hunter S.

I feel for the people who don't give a shit about this team that have to pay for their existence while public works are going to be cut.
To be honest, coming from a conservative city, I would guess they hardly ever agree to pay taxes. Just a guess as it is Aridzona.

Acid08

Banned
Its ridiculous that they're expecting anything to change now. Why would attendance suddenly jump 30% overnight because of new owners?

That Chavira dude pissed me off the most. Asked pandering, softball questions just to make LeBlanc and RSE look good. What a tool.

Marvie_3

Banned
Its ridiculous that they're expecting anything to change now. Why would attendance suddenly jump 30% overnight because of new owners?

That Chavira dude pissed me off the most. Asked pandering, softball questions just to make LeBlanc and RSE look good. What a tool.

You forgot the part about him being a firefighter, comparing RSE to a firefighter running into a burning building, and voting yes on a deal that will undoubtedly result in budget cuts to firefighters.

Acid08

Banned
Mike Smith and Shane Doan are fucking getting paid $6m a year while FIREFIGHTERS CAN'T EVEN FUCKING FUEL THEIR FUCKING TRUCKS.
Its worth it because now those obese women that spoke will go to one game a month and MAYBE step foot into a local business in downtown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calder

The worst part for me, other than the firefighter shit I literally can not believe was said so I'm going to ignore, was the total bullshit about LeBlanc being a salesman and how he "would never start something if he didn't think it was going to work" and what a trustworthy gaze he had. You fucking humps, YOU ARE GUARANTEEING THAT *HE* CAN'T FAIL BECAUSE YOU'LL PAY FOR IT, NOT HIM!

"Marvie, let's open a restaurant!"

"You got it calder, but while I'll work there I insist on a generous salary up front and you're going to have to put your home up as collateral and guarantee any losses, but I never enter a business deal thinking it won't work!"

"Man you're a business savant! I can tell just by talking to you that this is going to be a huge hit, because we have to make it work!"

"Well, not really, but if it means you'll pay me to try to start a business and if it's a success I own it and make a mint but if it doesn't work out you take a bath and I get to sell the land when it fails... sure?"

Marvie_3

Banned
Harrison Mooney ‏@HarrisonMooney 1m
Best moment from the Glendale City Council meeting was the police chief standing up and saying, "The ring came off my pudding can."

Top Bottom