• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

"I'll give you a 2-year deal worth two shillings!" -- Ken Holland

Also, 17 games played last year ----> 1 goal. ONE GOAL.

He'll fit right in with Franzen!

He was injured I believe but is healthy now (Dub can you verify?), still his overall play throughout the years has been consistent.

He was injured I believe but is healthy now (Dub can you verify?), still his overall play throughout the years has been consistent.
Yup. Wrist surgery this year. Only concern is that is the 2nd surgery for the same problem and his injury was a gradual one. He said he was feeling it from the 2nd half of the 11-12 season. He's been consistant at ~60 pts, so I wouldn't put stock in this year's performance.

Curufinwe

I think if MAF doesn't have great rebound year he will be bought out or traded next offseason, and the Penguins will sign a much cheaper goalie. Otherwise Pittsburgh will have 48 million tied up in just eight players.

Yup. Wrist surgery this year. Only concern is that is the 2nd surgery for the same problem and his injury was a gradual one. He said he was feeling it from the 2nd half of the 11-12 season. He's been consistant at ~60 pts, so I wouldn't put stock in this year's performance.

Flip had one 60 point season but has otherwise stuck to 40 and then is awful season last year. Plus Flip isn't exactly a good center, seems to play better on the wing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I know I'm late but :lol at Glendale.

Note to self: Never move to Arizona.

Merguson

Banned
This is the last day to use a compliance buyout on players as they would have to go on waivers for a 24 hour period.. and the window closes tomorrow after 5 p.m. Unless the player has a NMC (which Komisarek did).. can block waivers and be bought out right away.

We should see a bunch of players on waivers at noon.. starting with Keith Ballard.

EDIT: Apparently they can do it tomorrow at noon as well..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is the last day to use a compliance buyout on players as they would have to go on waivers for a 24 hour period.. and the window closes tomorrow after 5 p.m. Unless the player has a NMC (which Komisarek did).. can block waivers and be bought out right away.

We should see a bunch of players on waivers at noon.. starting with Keith Ballard.

EDIT: Apparently they can do it tomorrow at noon as well..

Reposting from last night, the reason Detroit isn't buying out Samuelsson is because, while they claim he's healthy to play, he is not. Apparently Detroit doesn't want to bother with that hearing, so they're just keeping him. Because Holland is insane.

yyzjohn

Banned
Reposting from last night, the reason Detroit isn't buying out Samuelsson is because, while they claim he's healthy to play, he is not. Apparently Detroit doesn't want to bother with that hearing, so they're just keeping him. Because Holland is insane.

It's sort of funny that after a career of being perpetually injured, Colaiacovo was healthy enough to be bought out.

Cake Boss

Banned
Dat money. Lundqvist is going to be so paid.

ibuNig41jgCCn2.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the NHL First ALL-Star team consists of PK Subban, Ryan Suter, Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby and ... Wait for it... Chris Kunitz. What. Aka "Crosby and Crosby's Winger"?

EDIT: BALLARD FINALLY. Whoever gets him will get a good top6, maybe even top4 d-man. He can even play forward if need be. Vancouver has 4 better top4 d-man and AV refused to play an offensive d-man as nr5 or 6 and he's getting paid too much to play there. But for teams that need more D, and especially with being able to pay him less, he'll be a great pickup.

Edit2: The Rangers should sign Ballard. YOURE NOT GETTING OUT OF AV's DOGHOUSE.

Cake Boss

Banned
What ever happened to Ballard, it seems since he joined Van he just completly fell off, went from a 2 way 25-30 point dman to a guy that can barely stay in the line up and his season high in Van is 7 points? Injuries, misuse by coach or what?

bardia

What ever happened to Ballard, it seems since he joined Van he just completly fell off, went from a 2 way 25-30 point dman to a guy that can barely stay in the line up and his season high in Van is 7 points? Injuries, misuse by coach or what?

Misuse. I'm pretty sure he either slept with AVs wife or daughter. Hell maybe even both with the way AV treated him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the NHL First ALL-Star team consists of PK Subban, Ryan Suter, Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby and ... Wait for it... Chris Kunitz. What. Aka "Crosby and Crosby's Winger"?

EDIT: BALLARD FINALLY. Whoever gets him will get a good top6, maybe even top4 d-man. He can even play forward if need be. Vancouver has 4 better top4 d-man and AV refused to play an offensive d-man as nr5 or 6 and he's getting paid too much to play there. But for teams that need more D, and especially with being able to pay him less, he'll be a great pickup.

Edit2: The Rangers should sign Ballard. YOURE NOT GETTING OUT OF AV's DOGHOUSE.

. AV just never wanted to play him, he liked "save, low-risk" players as his nr5&6 d-man, so Ballard ended up not playing much.

Ovi is on both the First All-Star team and Second All-Star team, and in different positions.

Great work guys.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m
Ovechkin named 1st team all-star RW AND 2nd team all-star LW embarrassing. Some guys hard to label as L or R but not Ovie, not this year.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
If you didn't know Ovechkin played RW this season, or didn't pick up the phone to find out, you really shouldn't be voting for awards.

Lulz.

Top Bottom