• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

calder

Its worth it because now those obese women that spoke will go to one game a month and MAYBE step foot into a local business in downtown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without the Coyotes those people would take that money they would perhaps have spent at a couple of hockey games and burned it to ash in a firepit in their back yard. Because that's what you do with the money you don't spend on one form of entertainment.

RC

Banned
But they're already on the map!

iYZvE8y4r2uMO.png

Apparently so is Thunder Bay.

calder

Seriously. What a piece of shit.

That was the most shocking heel turn of all time. I thought he was bidding his time waiting for the moment to drop some tough love on this bullshit, and really he was waiting to shank the city in the back while spewing horrendous bullshit about firefighters. Unreal.

calder

So how many years until the Coyotes are in bankruptcy again? I give it 2

No one would have entered into a risky venture like that, especially not those savvy businessmen, those guys are sharp as a tack - perhaps even *master* salesmen! The mere willingness of some hucksters to accept Glendale tax money to run a pro sports franchise proves it's a solid bet.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wait people actually bought bonds from Glendale?
lol no. They tried to sell bonds 2 years ago to pay for the Hulsizer deal and nobody bought them. Their bond rating has been downgraded since then and with the approval of this shit deal, it's going to get sooo much worse.

No one would have entered into a risky venture like that, especially not those savvy businessmen, those guys are sharp as a tack - perhaps even *master* salesmen! The mere willingness of some hucksters to accept Glendale tax money to run a pro sports franchise proves it's a solid bet.
They sold Chivera on it pretty well.

I mean....bribed him on it pretty well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bettman will probably keep this shit show of a franchise afloat with their garbage small hockey market help fund he weaseled into the CBA

What a fucking piece of work this council is. Cannot believe the former firefighter compared the 19 firefighters who were killed to a sports team that is hemorrhaging money being saved. Fuck these people.

Yeah, that was fucking pathetic. Absolutely shameful.

What a joke. I can't believe they (those that voted for it) approved that type of agreement.

calder

I still just assume RSE views this as a risk-free way to get someone else to basically buy you a team. If it works (fat chance), great, but if not 5 years gives other cities time to build a new arena poach the Coyotes, and now you have a franchise to leverage.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pokemon + Vancouver? I thought those were 2 things you love. I didn't find it that funny but when I saw it I thought I would send it your way.

It wasn't funny though. It was a dude being obnoxious.

In hockey-related news, we now know why Chicago won:

Needs a different perspective to confirm

Coyote fans are cuntbags. I can't believe they're celebrating the completely bankruptcy of a city so they can keep their shitty hockey team.

Socreges

Banned
Coyote fans are cuntbags. I can't believe they're celebrating the completely bankruptcy of a city so they can keep their shitty hockey team.
Eh, those fans are in every city.

The real cuntbags are the people who voted. They're supposed to be responsible representatives and they did something insanely dangerous for any number of stupid, selfish reasons.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So I was busy playing Last of Us for the last 4 hours and missed all the fun. Going back through the thread and reading the comments was like watching WCW when Hogan turned heel and went to the nWo. I can't believe that actually happened. I have to imagine many people being bought off to do something so stupid and irresponsible. Fuck you Buttman and the city of Phoenix.

I just wish the Coyotes had stayed downtown PHX or hell even moved to Scottsdale.

Glendale is such a boring shit place and I hate the drive(most people do)

Glad the Yotes are staying though, for at least a little bit longer.

I have a feeling this will be the year we hit the top 25 in attendance again lol.

Top Bottom