• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
The Leafs have approximately $14 million left in cap space. 15 players signed.

Kadri, Franson, Gunnarsson and Bernier are the notable RFAs.
Ah, I guess CapGeek had already updated

Gonna be tough to sign all those guys and have enough left over to fill the roster.

Hahahah yeah right. You know it's gonna be...

Z/Pavel/Abby
Franzen/Weiss/Alfie
Tatar/Helm/Nyquist
Eaves/Andersson/Tootoo
Miller/Emmerton/Bertuzzi/Sammy (ugh)

We have to have a trade coming, we have way too many players right now again plus we still need to sign Smith, Andersson, and Nyquist to their RFA deals. Wonder what Holland has in mind.

Socreges

Banned
Articles have been written and tweets have been made about how the Canucks should pursue Brule.

This season is over before it even fucking began.
RE-SIGN CAM BARKER

Gonna be a difficult season of adjustment for the Canucks. Expect them to sign a few of the scraps once this "frenzy" has ended. Like I said last night, the Canucks are going to sink/swim depending on how their rookies do.

Solo

CAREER HIGH 46 POINTS

7 YEAR CONTRACT

L24cy.gif

weiss > filpulla
alfredsson (or anyone) > cleary

with these 2 signings and nyquist+tatar up full time, the team is better than last year. even better if helm is healthy. hard to complain.

iLLmAtlc

I just hope if the Nucks tank there's a mass exodus of season ticket holders so I could get one without giving up a kidney. >___>

yyzjohn

Banned
At least Kessel is now the highest paid forward on the Leafs which makes sense. Contracts aren't that bad on their forwards other than the term on Clarkson.

Helping Kave with the spin.

Samyy

My dream situation is now Leafs finishing bottom five and Nonis + Carlyle getting the boot
Maybe we can draft a decent center

Sure why not

OH SNAP, please be true, please be true, please be true!!

weiss > filpulla

with these 2 signings and nyquist+tatar up full time, the team is better than last year. even better if helm is healthy. hard to complain.

Exactly, the Alfie signing alone wouldn't have done much, but now we have a legit 2nd line C and a legit top 6. So far so good, wonder if anything else will get done.

So how long until Wings GAF goes back to calling Holland the worst GM in the league?

Tomorrow

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Maybe if the Canucks had actually signed someone I wouldn't have ordered seven pairs of Zoomies

The fuck are Zoomies.

Come on Gillis, get at least our RFA's signed, good god.

We should offer sheet Kadri. 3C problem solved! Also it'd be hilarious and offer sheets don't happen nearly often enough.

The fuck are Zoomies.

Come on Gillis, get at least our RFA's signed, good god.

We should offer sheet Kadri. 3C problem solved! Also it'd be hilarious and offer sheets don't happen nearly often enough.

They help you see stuff from far away. Can't believe no one thought of this before, I bought 10 of them.

ShaneB

Don't care to look at what's been posted throughout the day. I'm going through the signings now, and god damn there's been a lot of crazy signings. Madness!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
weiss > filpulla

we're not all Plinko.

:lol

My guess? Tatar is gone. They'll trade him. They already offered him as part of the Edler deal. For some reason, Babcock just doesn't like the guy. Same thing happened with Hudler and Brunner.

NOOOOOOOOOOO on Cleary. No NO.

Also Brunner I guess is officially out:

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m

Count these two out of #RedWings picture: Valtteri Filppula and Damien Brunner.

But seriously, how is Cleary still an option but Brunner isn't? I mean come on!

Edit: Beat

Top Bottom