• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cake Boss

Banned
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2m

Chris Phillips said he got a heads up from Daniel Alfredsson last night that he was leaving. "I respected what he did," said Phillips.

He should have taken you with him.

Smash88

Banned
I haven't seen such terrible signings by a GM since John Ferguson Junior was in charge.

What the fuck are the Leafs thinking? Letting go of Grabovski, signing a shitty center for way more than he is worth. And Clarkson who is unproven and has never even been relevant for the past couple of years for that much money and that long? He'll be 36 years old when his contract ends. What a joke.

I genuinely feel bad for Leafs-GAF - these are some of the worst signings I've ever seen. Not to mention they are no longer looking to sign with Cody Franson. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

As for us Pens, we got Scuderi back and I am happy as can be. Great pick up for us.

Socreges

Banned
How could the Wings possibly afford Brunner or Cleary at this point? They need to trade someone as is.

[edit] Brunner out, I see. Still don't get it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a good day for Detroit, but it could all come crashing down if they re-sign Cleary. There is absolutely no room for him at all. We're already 3 forwards too many and over the cap.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Detroit has 16 forwards now. Signing Cleary makes no sense.

Even if they had 0 forwards, signing Cleary makes no sense.

Bozak's deal has to be about Kessel staying. Has to be. I have to believe it.

Clarkson's deal, um, has to be about Bolland staying? Or something?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let me say that letting Brunner go will come back to bite Detroit. I think he's going to be a regular 30-goal scorer in the league.

Detroit has 16 forwards now. Signing Cleary makes no sense.

Even if they had 0 forwards, signing Cleary makes no sense.

This, we had 14 forwards last year (not including Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar because they weren't regulars to start the season). We have even more this year! Someone or some people are getting traded and my guess would be Emmerton is one of them.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Let me say that letting Brunner go will come back to bite Detroit. I think he's going to be a regular 30-goal scorer in the league.
Or turn up like Ville Leino

This, we had 14 forwards last year (not including Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar because they weren't regulars to start the season). We have even more this year! Someone or some people are getting traded and my guess would be Emmerton is one of them.
And now this!!

Hockey Central ‏@SNHockeyCentral 2m

.@RealKyper hearing DET on Brenden Morrow too
Retweeted by George Malik

SIGN ALL THE FREE AGENTS!!!!

Smash88

Banned
If we had to put the Clarkson signing on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst). How bad is the Clarkson signing, despite that he is unproven, is there any potential at all for him to get better? I mean it's not like Leaf Management is retarded, they obviously feel he is worth the money in some capacity.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Holland has to have a trade ready to go to keep going after all these guys. Maybe Bertuzzi is gonna back to Vancouver!!!!

Cat Party

If we had to put the Clarkson signing on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst). How bad is the Clarkson signing, despite that he is unproven, is there any potential at all for him to get better? I mean it's not like Leaf Management is retarded, they obviously feel he is worth the money in some capacity.
36,750,000 out of 10

Marvie_3

Banned

It's almost as bad as your posts.

Leafs wanted to add toughness/grit with some amount of talent. I think he'll do 16G/10A next season or something around those numbers but he'll never live up to that contract.

Cactus

Banned
It's a good short-term signing, but atrocious long-term. There's no way Clarkson is still a good player in 5-6 years. The Leafs would be really lucky to get 4 decent years from Clarkson.

34200644.jpg

Seriously, what the heck is going on with Holland?!?!

We have no room!! Plus Morrow is kinda washed up I thought? Unless this is because they don't have confidence in Helm healing up, but still. Just bring back Brunner instead.

Cactus

Banned
Leafs wanted to add toughness/grit with some amount of talent. I think he'll do 16G/10A next season or something around those numbers but he'll never live up to that contract.
Clarkson will probably score 25 goals playing with Kadri and Lupul. The issue is long-term production. He'll likely be an anchor by year 5.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 28s

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, Valteri Filppula agrees to 5 year deal for $5M per year with TB.

holy shit

Top Bottom