• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wasn't Cleary, like, great in the playoffs for you?

Good, not great.

And absolutely horrendous in the regular season. Just awful. Probably the worst player on the ice and yet, in maddening fashion, Babcock played him on the 2nd PP ALL THE TIME.

To be fair he acclimated pretty well by the end of the season

Call it post hooking pentalty stress disorder.

It does depend on who we'd be bringing in ofc.

Well it was his first year and they had him filling in for Karlsson for a good amount of time.

He should be better with more manageable minutes and an offseason.

Heretic

tumblr_mk8adduFOs1qm6joao1_500.jpg

YESSSS

WHY MUST YOU HURT ME

Yeah Richardson is the new Lapierre. I guess getting a 3C for $1.15M per was a pipe dream.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-Schroeder-Higgins
Weise-Richardson-Sestito
Jensen
Gaunce

Garrison-Hamhuis
Edler-Bieksa
Tanev-Weber
Corrado

Luongo?
Lack/Eriksson

Still not sold on this lineup but I guess we'll have to count on Torts.

Well it was his first year and they had him filling in for Karlsson for a good amount of time.

He should be better with more manageable minutes and an offseason.

True.

Our current six are by no means terrible and our young guys haven't hit their celings yet. If only we could clone Methot,
I'm just cynical about our options for relplacing Gonchar on the pp

Posted?

Bob McElligott ‏@BobbyMacSports 55m
I asked new #CBJ forward Nathan Horton why he chose number 8: "Because if you turn it sideways, it means forever."

Vega

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
Morrow camp patiently taking calls... wants to play on a contender. Played with a split knee cap in playoffs which hurt his productivity

Split knee cap sounds horrible.

I'm actually getting used to that Parros move. Prust won't have to fight everyone now and might last the whole season without getting destroyed, and we definitely need some intimidating players on our midget team.

I wish he was a better hockey player, but he can't be worse than Colby Armstrong... or Moen, probably.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bryan Murray just expressly stated that the team refused to pay what Daniel Alfredsson wanted. So, no blank check.

There you go Kernal, I am right again.

Because if Alfie wanted to chase the cup then why did he choose Detroit over the team that was just in the finals and gotten to play with his friend Chara? Because Boston's offer wasnt that much better than Ottawa's, because they have no cap space.

In conclusion he chased the dollar here, and I lose some respect for him because of that.

CCF23

Yeah Richardson is the new Lapierre. I guess getting a 3C for $1.15M per was a pipe dream.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-Schroeder-Higgins
Weise-Richardson-Sestito
Jensen
Gaunce

Garrison-Hamhuis
Edler-Bieksa
Tanev-Weber
Corrado

Luongo?
Lack/Eriksson

Still not sold on this lineup but I guess we'll have to count on Torts.

I actually like the wings, and obviously, the top 2 centers. I like the D, and the goaltending, unless Luongo fucks off, is good too.

Major question marks right now are the third line C, the fourth line wings (Sestito ew), and depth on D.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Because if Alfie wanted to chase the cup then why did he choose Detroit over the team that was just in the finals and gotten to play with his friend Chara? Because Boston's offer wasnt that much better than Ottawa's because they have no cap space.

In conclusion he chased the dollar here, and I lose some respect for him because of that.

Well he said after Alfie said he was talking to Detroit, Melnyk told him to give Alfie whatever it took to sign him.

Brunner NOOOOO. ;_;

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 1m
Holland on Brunner: "We made a 2 & 3 year offer prior to noon today. He made the decision to test the market." #ATTExtendedCoverage

I'm really sad right now, loved Brunner when he was here. Also Holland, it's time to stop and not go after Cleary or Morrow.

Helene St. James said:
Ken Holland said Darren Helm is better, and Red Wings expect him at development camp next week.

AHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCF23

Because if Alfie wanted to chase the cup then why did he choose Detroit over the team that was just in the finals and gotten to play with his friend Chara? Because Boston's offer wasnt that much better than Ottawa's, because they have no cap space.

This is not fucking true at all. Murray said that after they countered Alfie's offer Melnyk told him "just pay him whatever it takes to keep him here". Murray tried to convince Alfie to stay with Ottawa, at the price he was asking for, and if Alfie felt the Sens weren't a serious contender in December or January they'd trade him wherever he wanted to go. Alfie didn't want to be a deadline guy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 4m

Confusing part;Murray says initial $ too high then says Melnyk advised him to pay him.

Ott blogger

Confusing as in it's a complete lie on behalf of ownership.

I find it interesting that Murray said he told Alfredsson about Ryan, but only went after him *after* he lost $5.5M on the books.

Murray, under Melnyk's direction, rebukes Alfredsson's # demand. Day later: "Let's pay him anything." Hour after $5.5M gone, $5.1M Ryan in.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I am not sure how alfredsson sees a better winning opportunity in detroit

Detroit is being lumped into the toughest division in the NHL with two of the weaker teams in Florida and Tampa becoming more dangerous

Detroit is not guaranteed to make the playoffs, same with any other team in this division

Going to be a battle, for sure

It really does seem to be about the money. Not the best way to go out but with any luck we can snap him up post retirement.

That being said if we meet Detroit in the yoffs ... damn.

Detroit is being lumped into the toughest division in the NHL with two of the weaker teams in Florida and Tampa becoming more dangerous

Detroit is not guaranteed to make the playoffs, same with any other team in this division

He wants to play in the Winter Classic and be on 24/7 talking shit about the Leafs....duuuuh

The East got so beasty today.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Being a Capitals fan is boring on this day. Jeff Schultz is now closer to winning the SC than the Capitals.

:/ That is just depressing.

Socreges

Banned
Zero reason to make his hand public until the moment of decision, really. He just got out of a game of goalie yo-yo, who's to say this management doesn't drop him right back into it?
You're suggesting that Luongo is hesitant because he fears Eddie Lack will be rivaling him for starts?

I hear ya man. All we did was sign Kennedy to a contract. Boring.
Full roster and at the cap, no?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn this thread exploded...

Clarkson, Bozak....when we could've had Lecavalier and Weiss for around the same money...

HOLD ME AND TELL ME IT'LL BE OK, KAVE_MAN!!! :(

Var

tpanotchCSN: "As i understand it, there is a number Gagne/Flyers can live with but cap prevents this getting done now. See how shakes out in days ahead."

Hope we can keep Gagne.

Cake Boss

Banned
@AJonSports Murray still looking at a Defenseman. Says door open for one of Stone, Hoffman, Prince and Dziurzynski to make Sens

Realistic option is Hoffman, but I am hoping Prince steals a spot, apparently he is turning heads at the Dev camp.

As for dman, realistic options are Whitney and Gilbert.

Solo

The good news with signing Parros is that Prust can actually do what he does best, which is play hockey and agitate rather than having to try to be our heavyweight. And he will be a godsend if we get into another series with the Sens. So unlike the Briere move, I'm not wholly against this.

Top Bottom