• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Sibylus

Banned
You're suggesting that Luongo is hesitant because he fears Eddie Lack will be rivaling him for starts?
Hesitant? No, how about a plausible fear of the management making yet more stupid decisions? At any rate, silence is prudent. Team threw the ball into his court as if trading Schneider suddenly erased the past circus and made him beloved Emperor between the pipes again. I think silence is evidence he isn't that gullible (or at least his agent isn't).

Socreges

Banned
Hesitant? No, how about a plausible fear of the management making yet more stupid decisions? At any rate, silence is prudent. Team threw the ball into his court as if trading Schneider suddenly erased the past circus and made him beloved Emperor between the pipes again. I think silence is evidence he isn't that gullible (or at least his agent isn't).
Thought you said management might throw him back into the 'goalie yo-yo' game. Why I replied.

Anyway, no one's giving him a hard time for remaining silent/upset. And I don't think anyone thought everything would just go back to normal. Probably not even Gillis. But I'm sure he was hoping that he could eventually talk Lu down from the ledge.

And btw, if Renaud Lavoie is to be believed, and I'm not sure he has any special information, Luongo has already spoken and said that he might refuse to 'return' to the Canucks.

If Luongo refuses to report this season, then he'll be complianced next summer and the Canucks will have to platoon Lack/Eriksoon. It's certainly ideal, but it could be worse.

It could've been just Cannata.

Socreges

Banned
If Luongo refuses to report this season, then he'll be complianced next summer and the Canucks will have to platoon Lack/Eriksoon. It's certainly not ideal, but it could be worse.

It could've been just Cannata.
"It's certainly not ideal" is quite the understatement. Neither Lack nor Eriksson are necessarily capable starters, now or ever.

Marvie_3

Banned
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 29s

Blackhawks talking to Khabibulin...
ib2f7QhlV52THz.gif

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT A DAY

LEFT THE HOUSE PISSED OFF COME BACK AND WE GET FUCKING BOBBY FUCKING PUSSY MAGNET RYAN

HOPE ALFREDSSON CHOKES ON ZETTERBERGs MEATBALLs

RC

Banned
So once again we'll have trouble scoring and now have a goalie that doesn't even want to be here. This team has actually gotten worse.

Cake Boss

Banned
Maybe Benoit is just another Parenteau. Diamond in the rough. Yep.

Paranteau was a top 6 player before he signed with you guys and still is, Benoit is a bottom pairing dman that who won't hurt you playing as a 5th-6th dman, and can play on your 2ndPP unit and put up some decent points. Don't expect a top 4 guy out of him.

That Vancouver guy destroyed Johnsson on the Alfie thing on TSN.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Still shocked Briere went to Montreal. Sources and buzz were saying he was leaning heavily toward the Isles. Would have been glad to have him.

What a crazy day. Alfie news is shocking still. Will be odd to see him in another sweater

Paranteau was a top 6 player before he signed with you guys and still is, Benoit is a bottom pairing dman that who won't hurt you playing as a 5th-6th dman, and can play on your 2ndPP unit and put up some decent points. Don't expect a top 4 guy out of him.

That Vancouver guy destroyed Johnsson on the Alfie thing on TSN.

What did he say?

Sibylus

Banned
Thought you said management might throw him back into the 'goalie yo-yo' game. Why I replied.

Anyway, no one's giving him a hard time for remaining silent/upset. And I don't think anyone thought everything would just go back to normal. Probably not even Gillis. But I'm sure he was hoping that he could eventually talk Lu down from the ledge.

And btw, if Renaud Lavoie is to be believed, and I'm not sure he has any special information, Luongo has already spoken and said that he might refuse to 'return' to the Canucks.
Well, to be clear, any such yo-yo game wouldn't be immediate. But having that possibility lurking in the back of one's mind can't exactly help one be eager to sign back on. If he stays, it'll probably only be after assurances that we need him. Though I doubt those will be moral in nature.

Silexx

Saw it live, not up yet on the site. But here are some notes:

- Leading up to draft, Sens were only prepared to give Alfie $4m - $4.5m.

- Alfie camp wanted more and talks broke off.

- After draft and once UFA interview window opened BOS and DET step in to talk to Alfie.

- This may be conjecture, but they say that Melnyk gave the "blank cheque' go ahead probably yesterday.

- By then Alfie makes his decision to go to DET.

- Mackenzie thinks that while it may have been about the money before, this is now about winning a Cup.

- Murray tries to sway Alfie, citing blank cheque and possibility of deadline trade if things don't work out. But Alfie has made up his mind.

- Bobby Ryan trade was in the works way before Alfie talks fell through and was going to go ahead with or without Alfredsson.

ZeroGravity

Yzerman said he will not be adding more through free agency. Trades still possible but likely 1 or 2 forwards added from within organization
Going to have the exact same defensive corps as last year

lol

Parros > Clarkson? What are you smoking?

Dried and shredded Realitibacco leaves, friend. Very smooth.

I can see how Briere and Parros make Montreal a better team, and they're on short, relatively cheap contracts.

I don't see how keeping Bozak, and adding Clarkson - even ignoring the hilariously bad contracts - actually makes the Leafs a better team than they were this past season.

Silexx

This was tweeted earlier. but:

@ErikKarlsson65 2h
Will give a comment on alfie later this week. Obviously very sad he's is gone and he's irreplaceable. But wish him more than all the best !

EK about to drop some bombs.

Probably not.

yyzjohn

Banned
Dried and shredded Realitibacco leaves, friend. Very smooth.

I can see how Briere and Parros make Montreal a better team, and they're on short, relatively cheap contracts.

I don't see how keeping Bozak, and adding Clarkson - even ignoring the hilariously bad contracts - actually makes the Leafs a better team than they were this past season.

I don't think the Leafs are significantly worse either. Grabovski was crap at $5.5M and brought nothing on offense last year. Bozak is a wash since it's the same player and Clarkson is replacing MacArthur. Boland is an upgrade as 3rd line center to what we had last season. So I think at worse the Leafs are about the same with the potential to be better with Bernier.

I don't think the Leafs are significantly worse either. Grabovski was crap at $5.5M and brought nothing on offense last year. Bozak is a wash since it's the same player and Clarkson is replacing MacArthur. Boland is an upgrade as 3rd line center to what we had last season. So I think at worse the Leafs are about the same with the potential to be better with Bernier.

I asked earlier for more spin, and you delivered!

Many thanks <3

yyzjohn

Banned
I asked earlier for more spin, and you delivered!

Many thanks <3

Obviously Kadri has to take the next step too along with JVR. A line of Jvr-Kadri-Clarkson has potential if Naz takes the next step in his development. You know Kessel will be fine and as long as Lupul stays healthy that first line produces despite Bozak.

Biggest issue on Leafs is D which Nonis hasn't addressed. Hoping for a trade at this point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alfie bails on the Sens?

Leafs sign Clarkson for 7 years and have Bozak as their #1 C for 5?

Boston is worse then before?

Habs didn't overpay any 1 year wonders?

0ViwQgA.gif

Best Free Agency ever and we only signed a goon. I love the Parros trade, it cost next to nothing, and Prust doesn't have to fight everyone. Glad Bergevin didn't pay any of these stupid contracts either, someone like Ryan would have cost us Gallagher + Tinordi + 1st, no thanks. Happy to see Weber landed somewhere, he's a got a great shot and should help the Canucks PP, he didn't get a fair chance here due to our log jam at D, hope he can make it as a regular 5-6 D-man for them.

Alfie situation sounds like something happened that the media / fans aren't aware of, especially if he knew they were working on getting Ryan.

Crazy FA day for once, wow.

Top Bottom