• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

TUSR

Banned
If you feel like being upset even more about Ryan Davis, this is from his wife's Twitter.

XhqzCF1.png

Wrenching...

Acid08

Banned
If you feel like being upset even more about Ryan Davis, this is from his wife's Twitter.

Wrenching...
You can just tell by reading her tweets that those two were absolutely meant for each other, really incredibly sad their life together got cut so short.

In my head, George Parros NEVER gets traded!

But really, why? What's Tallon doing this offseason?
He's a great guy but a terrible enforcer. He never really did his job of protecting our guys or intimidating the other side. Plus he's a terrible skater (understatement). The few fights he had seemed more out of his convience and who he wanted to fight. Only once did it really motivate the team otherwise he fought at the wrong times

I much rather have a fighter with a mean streak and someone who can protect our guys. We have one in Selleck coming up for the season, he impressed in his callup so the org decided to move on.

Razorskin

----- ------
lol..

Dallas Stars have already hooked Valeri Nichushkin up with an American Family to live with in the Dallas area. He has agreed that he wants no translator there so he can learn english by the end of the summer. To get food, to go anywhere... he has to speak in english. Family apparently lives in a nice house.

Man.. if I was a kid in that family.. I'd be the happiest person in the world as you get to hang out with a freaking NHL player and KHL's rookie of the year.

Hopefully he gets the hang of it faster than Malkin.

I'm picturing our offensive and defensive situation very similarly to this:

ibseIRBzj3lsOk.gif

Defense gon' be real scared if Barrie or Siemens aren't godlike from the first game of the season.

Heretic

He's a great guy but a terrible enforcer. He never really did his job of protecting our guys or intimidating the other side. Plus he's a terrible skater (understatement). The few fights he had seemed more out of his convience and who he wanted to fight. Only once did it really motivate the team otherwise he fought at the wrong times

I much rather have a fighter with a mean streak and someone who can protect our guys. We have one in Selleck coming up for the season, he impressed in his callup so the org decided to move on.

His heart stayed in Anaheim!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'm not feeling GTAV for some reason. Seems like more of the same. Graphics are off the charts though!

I'm with you on that. Just not really all that hyped for it. After all the hype and love for 4 when it came out, and quickly realizing it wasnt very good, I am hesitant

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm not feeling GTAV for some reason. Seems like more of the same. Graphics are off the charts though!

boooooooooo

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 31m

Murray likes Jagr but thinks he's too expensive right now. Better fit at trade deadline.

Wonder what Jagr is asking for, read yesterday that the Habs are no longer interested in him. 2 teams remain right now.
I'm with you on that. Just not really all that hyped for it. After all the hype and love for 4 when it came out, and quickly realizing it wasnt very good, I am hesitant

Play Lost And Damned and Ballard of Gay Tony.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
GTA5 looks great, but I don't know why they didn't bother waiting for the next gen systems. The AI in the games are always a but behind the gameplay, hopefully they fix that.

GTA5 looks great, but I don't know why they didn't bother waiting for the next gen systems. The AI in the games are always a but behind the gameplay, hopefully they fix that.

Next-gen systems won't have a big enough userbase for a game like GTAV.

I am hoping for a next-gen RDR sequel, that excites me even more than GTA.

Heretic

Funny reading the trailer thread and seeing how desperately people want this to be for next gen systems.
Most people are going to be moving on once the new systems are out. I've already traded in my 360 and PS3 and put it towards the XOne. I'd personally hate to be jumping back and forth between consoles.

Edit: But that's because I'm a lazy ass :D still bitter about having to swap discs now on the XOne...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Next-gen systems won't have a big enough userbase for a game like GTAV.

I am hoping for a next-gen RDR sequel, that excites me even more than GTA.
Thats true, but then we'll have to wait another 4-5 years for a next gen GTA, and GTA is the franchise that could probably benefit most from the next gen power and memory.

Cactus

Banned
I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City. I feel like I should probably get back into the series.

Maybe I'll give this game a shot.

Heretic

Thats true, but then we'll have to wait another 4-5 years for a next gen GTA, and GTA is the franchise that could probably benefit most from the next gen power and memory.
And it's definitely a system seller. The new consoles would probably sell even better if it was exclusive to next Gen.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
GTA 4 had awesome trailers and everyone got stoked for it too. Hype was astronomical. NEVAR FORGET.

I should try those expansions though...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Isles signed Clutterbuck to a 4 year/$11 million deal.

He's a decent addition, but I think its gonna look bad if/when Nino becomes an offensive force in MIN.

Socreges

Banned
Most people are going to be moving on once the new systems are out. I've already traded in my 360 and PS3 and put it towards the XOne. I'd personally hate to be jumping back and forth between consoles.

Edit: But that's because I'm a lazy ass :D still bitter about having to swap discs now on the XOne...
You sold your PS3 before playing TLOU... why?

Also you've got another 360 so moot point.

Also people are stupid if they're interested in upcoming games but have gotten rid of their current gen consoles already.

Samyy

:lol

I hope the Leafs hook Gauthier up with a nice English family, his speech seemed brutal during the post-draft interview.

:lol I can't imagine him playing with the Leafs right now and being constantly interviewed after the games, would probably be a nightmare. It'll help when and if he comes over to the AHL in the future and he is forced to speak English on a more regular basis.

Top Bottom