• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Silfverberg is young though and if he has a breakout year and scores 25 and Ryan doesn't quite perform and falls just short of 30 goals, people will complain. It's a really good roll of the dice though and it'll be interesting to see where these guys are in 3 years.

The only way we lose the trade is if Ryan walks as a UFA in 2 years or he is a total bust here.

Extremely unlikely that Silfverberg, Noesen or the 1st will ever be as good as Ryan. It's a quantity for quality trade.

Right now it's a win for both teams as each team filled a need.

Ryan will continue to have a fantastic career in Ottawa, possibly even breakout if he can develop fantastic chemistry with Spezza. But who knows how Silver will turn out. He's got potential out the wazoo and and proven it already.

Like I said, the other big thing that will determine ultimately how this trade will work out will be that 1st round draft pick next year. if the Sens somehow collapse... Oh boy.

how is babby ryan formed?

how walrus get praegnant

Solo

Silf was my favorite of the Sens' young players. Time will tell of course, but history could prove the Ducks the winner of this trade if he develops fully.

Stasis

you think too highly, I think too lowly, the difference is I'm not a fucking prick about it.

You're pretty fucking biased and provocative whenever it comes to discussing the Rangers, from what I've seen. You're also occasionally a prick about it.

But hey, you're an Isles fan. I wouldn't have it any other way. Prick on!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ryan seems like a piece a contending team on the edge would add, going to have to see what Silfverberg does and what that 1st rounder turns into to see the winner.

Not sure how you thought that kind of comment would go over well :lol
I felt it was a perfectly reasonable comment and answer to that question. And I got the idea for it from fat people being concerned for that exact reason.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1hvh48/ryan_davis_of_giant_bomb_has_died/caybzj3

But then again. It was probably my bad thinking Gaming-Age would be anywhere near a good place for a meaningful conversation. My bad for thinking something like this would help those assholes grow up even a little bit.

I felt it was a perfectly reasonable comment and answer to that question. And I got the idea for it from fat people being concerned for that exact reason.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1hvh48/ryan_davis_of_giant_bomb_has_died/caybzj3

But then again. It was probably my bad thinking Gaming-Age would be anywhere near a good place for a meaningful conversation. My bad for thinking something like this would help those assholes grow up even a little bit.

You ventured to gaming side, you should NEVER go outside the bubble, NEVER!!!

Stasis

While I personally think the comment is fine and understand what you meant by it completely, I also would have known not to post that there. That's just asking for drama really.

I can't post 75% of my opinions or questions online. Most people are fussy as fuck about everything, especially the average gamer.

Socreges

Banned
How is it stupid though? It's almost certainly a very true reason why some people are asking.
- Guy dies
- People are sensitive
- People ask why he died
- Sensitive person gets upset
- You say, essentially, 'It's because they're fat and worried'

So,
1) Stupid for provoking sensitive people in such a way in such a thread
2) Stupid for suggesting that people are curious for that reason

I asked why he died in that thread. I'm not remotely fat, or concerned that I'd share his fate. I asked for the same reason that most people ask: when a person dies young and unexpectedly, you want to know why.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To be fair, when I saw a picture of him, my first thought was that he must've died due to something vascular related.
Likewise, although I don't know who the guy is or if he has any history of other medical issues.

While I personally think the comment is fine and understand what you meant by it completely, I also would have known not to post that there. That's just asking for drama really.

I can't post 75% of my opinions or questions online. Most people are fussy as fuck about everything, especially the average gamer.
Yea, outside of NHL-Gaf I'm not too vocal, it's not worth the ban from offending some over sensitive 35 year old man child.

- Guy dies
- People are sensitive
- People ask why he died
- Sensitive person gets upset
- You say, essentially, 'It's because they're fat and worried'

So,
1) Stupid for provoking sensitive people in such a way in such a thread
2) Stupid for suggesting that people are curious for that reason

I asked why he died in that thread. I'm not remotely fat, or concerned that I'd share his fate. I asked for the same reason that most people ask: when a person dies young and unexpectedly, you want to know why.
I don't think it's a stupid suggestion though. A lot of people have been asking because of that exact reason, so it's entirely true and which was why I bought it up.

But I agree it was stupid of me for thinking this wouldn't be provocative in Gaming-Age of all places.

Quick

Banned
Best to leave that stuff out of Gaming-Age, Spectre. I can definitely see what you're trying to say, but some people are honestly waiting for that type of post to jump on and be offended at.

Fragile egos. I like how one of them posted, "I'm ripped and love GiantBomb", as if to separate himself from the crowd.

Acid08

Banned

It's an incredibly emotional thread that really needed nothing but good vibes and well wishes in it. You definitely weren't the only person posting questionable things but your internet tough guy persona in the responses is really not appreciated.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know GAF well enough to know that a comment like that would have provoked a reaction. If you can't handle that/don't want that, don't post there. It's the same reason I only post opinions I know will raise harsh criticism to communities I know. E.g. "The bubble" aka NHL-GAF and a few others.

Quick

Banned
You know GAF well enough to know that a comment like that would have provoked a reaction. If you can't handle that/don't want that, don't post there. It's the same reason I only post opinions I know will raise harsh criticism to communities I know. E.g. "The bubble" aka NHL-GAF and a few others.

Your mere presence in this thread, and now on Steam, offends me, Smelly.

I personally liked Silfverberg more than Zibanejad... But the Sens had a lot of good prospects so I guess they could afford it.

We've been looking for a top end winger for Spezza since Heatley left town so this is the kind of trade we had to do. I can't think of anyone as good or better than Ryan who is realistically available. Ryan has rumored to be on the trade block for what seems like years now.

Zibanejad is younger and put up the same amount of points in his first year, actually he put up one more point, in less games so his PPG would be higher.

I guess if you have to choose he seems the better choice although Silfver was my favorite as well.

Plus we drafted Lazar this year who seems to be generating a real good amount of hype from our development camp so I guess we could afford to give them up, only so many roster spots and we still have other good prospects on the wing.

kvman pls

image.php

Genuinely shocked and surprised that you picked up on that amazingly obscure (to North America at least) reference.

When they had the game in Melbourne, it was FLOODED with red shirts. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom