• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Genuinely shocked and surprised that you picked up on that amazingly obscure (to North America at least) reference.

When they had the game in Melbourne, it was FLOODED with red shirts. Unbelievable.

Rugby > American Football/NFL.

I just figured that if you of all people want the Irish to be left out, it had to do something with Rugby. Googled it, saw I was right :lol

Also, feel-good thread of the day to be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606596

cube444

There you go Coldplay. You've found your 2C!:

@KCarrera McPhee said "we don't see any real difference in terms of ability to play" between Laich and Fisher (NSH), Richards (LA) or Backes (STL).

:lol

Heretic

Me too buddy. BUT. Then I remember that he's now HAPPY because he gets to be the superstar that he deserves.

I put way too much thought into how his girlfriend is going to enjoy the move to Canada (let alone Ottawa) though...

Shine bright like a diamond, Bobby. Shine bright...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How does McPhee have a job? Seriously? Forsberg for Erat should have been the last straw.

cube444

How does McPhee have a job? Seriously? Forsberg for Erat should have been the last straw.

It truly is amazing that he's been there for 16 years with ZERO cups to warrant such a tenure.

e9tuENV.png

Red_Man

He kind of looks like the Dad from that comedy show about the 4 different familys, I only watched it once. The one with the Spanish girl.

Smiley90

He kind of looks like the Dad from that comedy show about the 4 different familys, I only watched it once. The one with the Spanish girl.

Modern Family. You should watch it, it's a great show.

Also the "dad" is Al Bundy. You could've just called him that.

Red_Man

Modern Family. You should watch it, it's a great show.

Also the "dad" is Al Bundy. You could've just called him that.
That's the one, they look like they're brothers.

tumblr_static_modernfamily.jpg

I'm not big on sitcoms, they don't usually get a laugh out of me, although the gay couple was pretty funny in the one episode I watched.

Smiley90

Socreges

Banned
I don't think it's a stupid suggestion though. A lot of people have been asking because of that exact reason, so it's entirely true and which was why I bought it up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1hvh48/ryan_davis_of_giant_bomb_has_died/caybzj3

But I agree it was stupid of me for thinking this wouldn't be provocative in Gaming-Age of all places.
Let me put it this way. Your post would have been more appropriate had it been:

"Maybe some people are asking because they share the same potential health concerns."

Suggesting that "a lot" of the people in the GAF thread were asking because they're obese themselves is probably untrue and just comes across as unnecessarily provocative.

Revenant

what a bummer about ryan davis, Giant Bomb is pretty much the only gaming news site I visit. dude just got married a couple days before too, a very cruel twist of fate.

Yep, same here.

But then again my 360 is dead.

oh and here i thought you were just ducking my drunken trials invitations like a bitch.

man that one really hard track we did....I'll never forget that, i'm not even sure i was holding the controller the right way.

Socreges

Banned
I remember a few days later we were playing randomized tracks with a couple other people and that one came up again. My stomach hurt from laughing.

Still torn between fixing my 360 (and risking it dying again) or buying a new one.

lol..

Dallas Stars have already hooked Valeri Nichushkin up with an American Family to live with in the Dallas area. He has agreed that he wants no translator there so he can learn english by the end of the summer. To get food, to go anywhere... he has to speak in english. Family apparently lives in a nice house.

Man.. if I was a kid in that family.. I'd be the happiest person in the world as you get to hang out with a freaking NHL player and KHL's rookie of the year.

“The plan is for him to stay (in Dallas) all the way through until training camp. He will probably have two-a-days on the ice and strength and conditioning. He’ll be as active as possible for the summer, familiarize himself with the surroundings and then give it a shot in camp.”
“He is going to be staying with a family in Frisco. We visited with them yesterday. They have a beautiful home and a beautiful family. There seemed to be instant chemistry among everybody. Valeri, before the end of the tour, said, ‘Sign me up.’ The most important thing it will accomplish is that Valeri will speak English by the end of the summer because if he wants to eat, do something or go somewhere he is going to have to speak the language. There will be no translators in the house. He understands that.

Quick

Banned
lol..

Dallas Stars have already hooked Valeri Nichushkin up with an American Family to live with in the Dallas area. He has agreed that he wants no translator there so he can learn english by the end of the summer. To get food, to go anywhere... he has to speak in english. Family apparently lives in a nice house.

Man.. if I was a kid in that family.. I'd be the happiest person in the world as you get to hang out with a freaking NHL player and KHL's rookie of the year.

"So, Valerie--"

"Valeri"

"Right, Valerie. How was your day?"

"Good. Hockey, food--"

"Complete sentences,Valerie."

"Valeri. I, um, get food. Play hockey. Practice."

"Oh, that's nice. What team was it, again?"

"Dallas Stars."

"Oh, right."

Red_Man

Instant chemistry with a Russian kid who doesn't speak English? Right. Must have made eye contact or smiled.

"So, Valerie--"

"Valeri"

"Right, Valerie. How was your day?"

"Good. Hockey, food--"

"Complete sentences,Valerie."

"Valeri. I, um, get food. Play hockey. Practice."

"Oh, that's nice. What team was it, again?"

"Dallas Stars."

"Oh, right."
Sounds like Malkin

Red_Man

George Parros has already been worth the trade for causing me to follow him on twitter, his interviews with Montreal Media should be gold.

Top Bottom