• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You should see where she sticks them.
snu_snu.gif

Socreges

Banned
I'm reading a book about procrastination. I got a few pages in and thought, "Hey I wonder what NHL-GAF is up to."

I'm in too deep, book. Nice try, though.

YAY 5PM

YAY KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN

YAY PACIFIC RIM

So long, stinktown!

I'm reading a book about procrastination. I got a few pages in and thought, "Hey I wonder what NHL-GAF is up to."

I'm in too deep, book. Nice try, though.

You're letting the book win. WHY IS LITERATURE DEFEATING YOU SO EASILY?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
SpectreFire: Man
SpectreFire: I was checking out guy's profiles on POF

You learn new things every day.

Also Soc, did you see my post about steam sale probably starting tomorrow at 10am? You said you wanted to be informed. There's usually 24h sales and 6h/8h-sales.

Rule #1: Don't buy any game unless it's a daily/timed sale.
Rule #2: See Rule #1

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
So, David Perron eh?
For PRV and a 2nd?

Not bad. Good trade by both sides.
Oilers get a solid top-6 LW who's feisty and can kill penalties.
Blues get a cheaper (most important) 3rd line LW who's got potential to become more, plus a draft pick.

Oilers get the better player now, but he's also more expensive and... DON'T SAY THE 'C' WORD...

Oilers still need to:
- sign RFA Sam Gagner
- find another top-4 dman (Coburn?)
- trade Ales Hemsky for some reason
- find a 4th line center
- find a solid bottom-6 winger (bonus if he can play center too)

Vman

So, David Perron eh?
For PRV and a 2nd?

Blues get a cheaper (most important) 3rd line LW who's got potential to become more, plus a draft pick.

Oilers get the better player now, but he's also more expensive and... DON'T SAY THE 'C' WORD...

Oilers still need to:
- sign RFA Sam Gagner
- find a 4th line center

Can we interest you in Zenon Konopka?

Holy shit.

Pacific Rim is officially fucking amazing and you're an idiot if you don't go see it.

And if you can see it in IMAX, DO IT.

It's gotten to the point where I'm gonna go see it once more in IMAX and then never watch it ever again. Nothing will be able to compare with the fantastic 3D, the scale and size of the content and the sound.

So, David Perron eh?
For PRV and a 2nd?

Oilers still need to:
- sign RFA Sam Gagner
- find a 4th line center

Perron fits the Oilers system. MPS fits the Blues system. It's all good in the hood.

Perron's main struggles are stupid penalties, diving attempts and lack of offensive chemistry. He was basically a one man line for the Blues but I don't see this being a problem in EDM.

Saw this on the Wings HFboards on our first round pick (Mantha):

guys that were drafted that put up 50 goals in the CHL the first year they were draft eligible since 2001-2002

Anthony Mantha
Jeff Skinner
John Tavares
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Sidney Crosby
Joffrey Lupul

We have the next Crosby!!! :D

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Prepare your wallets. Gaben be praised.

My game fund is ready and willing. Too bad Rogue Legacy has taken over my life right now so I'll probably be less willing to buy.

I'm so much more interested in the smaller budget titles like Rogue Legacy, La Mulana, etc., than the bigger stuff.

My game fund is ready and willing. Too bad Rogue Legacy has taken over my life right now so I'll probably be less willing to buy.

I'm so much more interested in the smaller budget titles like Rogue Legacy, La Mulana, etc., than the bigger stuff.

Just picked up Bioshock Infinite for 24 bucks at GMG, hoping the Steam sale drops the price on Tomb Raider and maybe the original Max Payne's. (Got Max Payne 3 during the XBL sale, but I want to play through the first 2 before I start 3). Also Metro Last Light needs to drop as well so I can get that.

Smiley90

Just picked up Bioshock Infinite for 24 bucks at GMG, hoping the Steam sale drops the price on Tomb Raider and maybe the original Max Payne's. (Got Max Payne 3 during the XBL sale, but I want to play through the first 2 before I start 3). Also Metro Last Light needs to drop as well so I can get that.

www.gaben.tv

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I just finished Episode 1 of Alan Wake! I'll probably get around to picking up Bioshock Infinite sometime around 2018.

Razorskin

----- ------

I'm not so interested in those games yet, I can wait it out for another sale, unless by some miracle they're really low on Steam soon which I doubt.

I'm afraid to even click that link.

It's safe.

Cactus

Banned
On a more serious note, sounds like Reilly, Leivo and Granberg are really standing out. Biggs seems to be disappointing.

Not really a surprise. I still can't believe Burke traded up to select a grinder.

Rielly and Granberg might be full-time Leafs in 2015. I've never seen Leivo play, but I have been reading a lot of good things since he was drafted.

Spl1nter

Everyone's favourite Leafs prospect should be David Broll'dozer'. I would almost put him as a sure bet NHLer, albeit on the 4th line.

Biggs has been disappointing but at least Leivo has been looking amazing.

Smiley90

When does the actual sale start?

Sales seemed suspicious. Clicked on the original video. Saw that it's from 2012.

It was to set the mood.

40mins supposedly.

I hope there's a good minigame on top of the sales. Give me summer camp raffle tickets through achievement hunting!

2012 sales were lame.
2011 sales had summer camp & coal, which were brilliant.

Spl1nter

I am assuming d'amigo and mckegg have completely fallen off the chart :(

Not at all, both are developing quite nicely. D'Amigo will probably be on the Leafs sometime this season if not at the start of the year on the 3rd or 4th line. Good PKer, fast skater, smart defensively, playoff performer.

McKegg needs two years in the AHL probably but was showing improvement throughout the year. Was only his first year pro. A bit of a long shot for the NHL.

Barkov and Shore were out skating before practice in full gear. Good to see them progressing. Kulikov was also seen rehabbing.

Matherson looks like the real deal. Amazing skating and great offensive instincts. Houser (G. born with clubbed feet) did great last year in the ECHL. Looks like he'll be up in SA this year and could be called up. Great story with the kid. Trochek, Grimaldi, Petrovic, have been the real stand outs.

I just finished Episode 1 of Alan Wake! I'll probably get around to picking up Bioshock Infinite sometime around 2018.

YEAH!!! Starts a little slow but Episodes 4 and 5 are something else. The story is amazing throughout the whole thing and both DLC's are really great.

Top Bottom