• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Razorskin

----- ------
Steam Summer Sale most likely tomorrow, eh.

HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIFE, HIDE YO WALLETS.

I already own most games, sales aren't that great anymore for me... Unless they go back to their "adventure/minigame" sales from 2011, with raffle tickets&coal. That was awesome.

Just got a $50 steam wallet code just to get rid of an old EB Games giftcard.

Silexx

Welcome to Urf?

Probably not something that will be quite as quotable, but it tries.

EDIT: Though to be more specific without having to go into spoilers, the movie is like a love letter to Giant Monsters and Giant Robot movie from Japan but using a Roland Emmerick template.

Though it got kinda Independence Day-ish at times, but still great!

You say that like it's a bad thing?

tumblr_mpc5330Y9o1qzg9tvo1_500.gif

I'm ready for the feels!

*first TLOU level*

OH GOD OH MAN I'M NOT READY.

:lol spot on!

Probably not something that will be quite as quotable, but it tries.

EDIT: Though to be more specific without having to go into spoilers, the movie is like a love letter to Giant Monsters and Giant Robot movie from Japan but using a Roland Emmerick template.

This excites and pleases me greatly. Gonna go see it in 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I vote that Bish bans anyone who even remotely spoilers Pacific Rim.

I'm looking at you CakeBoss. You have history.

I'm not usually one to speak about this because I'm incredibly biased towards not giving a flying fuck, but the fact that you guys care about spoilers for some dumb fuck action movie is beyond ridiculous.

Smiley90

I'm not usually one to speak about this because I'm incredibly biased towards not giving a flying fuck, but the fact that you guys care about spoilers for some dumb fuck action movie is beyond ridiculous.

By spoilers in this case I mean it the same way that CakeBoss spoilered last time - by posting a GIF of one of the best/most hilarious scenes of the entire movie that hadn't been in any trailer yet.

Obviously not a story-spoiler unless it's the biggest/ending one, because... yeah, it's an action movie. But if somebody posts a GIF of the most epic battle, I'll be mad.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I just want to be surprised by the things i see in Pacific Rim instead of knowing what will happen ahead of time. Fuck me, right?

C'mon guys. Spoilarz not welcome.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How the fuck do you spoil a monster movie? Shit gets blown up, it's not M Night Shamalangadingalong, the robots aren't going to develop a mind of their own and run off, make love and start their own civilization or some shit like that.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
How the fuck do you spoil a monster movie? Shit gets blown up, it's not M Night Shamalangadingalong, the robots aren't going to develop a mind of their own and run off, make love and start their own civilization or some shit like that.

suppose something fucking ridiculously awesome happens in this movie, like a robot rips out a monster's tooth and stabs him through the eye with it (I HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE, THIS IS NOT A THING)

Would you want to know thats coming or see it out of nowhere and be surprised by it?

Anything can be spoilar'd. It is known.

Quick

Banned
How the fuck do you spoil a monster movie? Shit gets blown up, it's not (1) M Night Shamalangadingalong, (2) the robots aren't going to develop a mind of their own and run off, make love and start their own civilization or some shit like that.

First off: RACIST.

Second: SPOILER. FUCK YOU, RED.

Smiley90

suppose something fucking ridiculously awesome happens in this movie, like a robot rips out a monster's tooth and stabs him through the eye with it (I HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE, THIS IS NOT A THING)

Would you want to know thats coming or see it out of nowhere and be surprised by it?

Anything can be spoilar'd. It is known.

By spoilers in this case I mean it the same way that CakeBoss spoilered last time - by posting a GIF of one of the best/most hilarious scenes of the entire movie that hadn't been in any trailer yet.

Obviously not a story-spoiler unless it's the biggest/ending one, because... yeah, it's an action movie. But if somebody posts a GIF of the most epic battle, I'll be mad.

Samyy

Any kind of spoilers suck
Trailers are the worst too
I remember seeing the Engers Game trailer and they literally put a scene from what is most likely one of the last scenes of the movie in the trailer. Like why would you do that!

Cake Boss

Banned
Calm down motherfucka I wont spoil your tentacle rape robot movie.

We probably saw all the best parts in the 100 trailers they have already released and earf probably wins at the end against Cloverfield's parents.

Karakand

Fair. BUT. Herbert isn't even Kariya tier.

I JUST WANT TO RETIRE A NUMBER OF A DUCKS LEGEND ALREADY

Kariya did the team pretty dirty, I put him below Herbert tier personally but that is something I'm willing to concede since he objectively demonstrated that Scott Stevens' hits are overrated in that SCF.

Teemu will happen eventually, though.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Exactly the reactions I was hoping for.

Cake Boss' simpsons reference was my fave by far.

But honestly, I want this movie to do really well for other reasons then "OMG ROBOTZ MONSTER FIGHT AWESOME".

Hollywood is generally a mess of sequels, remakes, and adaptations. Original ideas and stories being given a push as a big tentpole release like this is a trend I want to see more of. And Del Toro, even when he misses, is really creative and cool. I want more Pacific Rims and fewer Superhero/Star Trek/Hunger Games/Dan Brown novel type stuff to be the big summer movies.

Smiley90

Cake Boss' simpsons reference was my fave by far.

But honestly, I want this movie to do really well for other reasons then "OMG ROBOTZ MONSTER FIGHT AWESOME".

Hollywood is generally a mess of sequels, remakes, and adaptations. Original ideas and stories being given a push as a big tentpole release like this is a trend I want to see more of. And Del Toro, even when he misses, is really creative and cool. I want more Pacific Rims and fewer Superhero/Star Trek/Hunger Games/Dan Brown novel type stuff to be the big summer movies.

What's wrong with Hunger Games? It's a book-trilogy that was was made into a great movie. I don't see anything wrong with that. Unless you have something against book adaptations in general, regardless of how good the book is, in which case... What's your opinion on the Ender's Game movie?

Acid08

Banned
What's wrong with Hunger Games? It's a book-trilogy that was was made into a great movie. I don't see anything wrong with that. Unless you have something against book adaptations in general, regardless of how good the book is, in which case... What's your opinion on the Ender's Game movie?
Well he said that he doesn't like the reliance on adaptations in Hollywood so his beef with HG probably comes from it being an adaptation.

Also, Smiley thinks HG is a great movie. Learning new things everyday.

Smiley90

Well he said that he doesn't like the reliance on adaptations in Hollywood so his beef with HG probably comes from it being an adaptation.

Also, Smiley thinks HG is a great movie. Learning new things everyday.

As someone who hasn't read the books, it was a pretty good movie,yes. I sure enjoyed it. I'm sure if I'd read the books I'd be upset about everything the movie did badly and wouldn't be as impressed by the plot, though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
HG is a good movie based purely on the fact that Jennifer Lawrence is the main actress, what more do you need in a movie?

RC

Banned
I haven't seen Hunger Games nor read the books. I've spent my day watching old episodes of Red Dwarf, Still hilarious.

calder

What's going on here? Calder, explain - in .gif format, please.

Jets had an unusual number of RFA's and seemed pretty content to let most of them opt for arbitration. None of those guys is likely to kill the payroll, and I think Chevy is confident no one is going to get overly butthurt by the process so lets see what happens. I bet a couple sign just before the hearing. As a fringe playoff team that's just had a few good drafts the Jets are definitely viewing some of their RFA's with a skeptical eye.

Sorry, I scoured Marvie's secret stash of reaction gifs and found nothing usable. :(

Top Bottom