• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cactus

Banned
Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Franson - Gardiner
Reilly - Fraser

?

I don't know about that, hopefully they can take the next step defensively.

That looks realistic. Rielly would be replaced by Brennan after nine games if he doesn't impress, and someone like Blacker could replace Fraser if contract talks don't work out.

D is young and mobile, but the Leafs are still missing that top-pairing guy to play with Dion.

Quick

Banned
If it's as bad as the 360 version it's too slow. That game has serious UI issues with speed and usability. I would take a year of no improvements to the hockey part of the product for significant work done on their back end. It's fucking shit.

The UI needs work, but loading an actual game isn't so long.

It's all the extra stuff they did, like having the menu personalized to your team and shit.

At least it's not as bad as the NBA 2k13 menu. Fuck that.

Standing on the logo like a boss

bieber.jpg

"After this stunt I'm not sure who's disliked more in Chicago. Bieber or Torres?" Bollig tweeted.

Socreges

Banned
Good, no Tanev. And Weise will probably settle beforehand.

Aaaannnd that about wraps it up for uncertainties for the Canucks! No other problems remain!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm guessing gunnarsson wants one year and leafs want multi-year and franson wants 2 years but leafs want one year

Fraser just wants money and a 1 way contract

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Someone explain to me why this game is so loved? The egregious levels of item management due to only 2 buttons made me want to quit several times. It makes the OoT Water Temple look like the most leisurely experience in gaming. At least it's not as bad as Zelda 2.

Heretic

Just finished Link's Awakening for the first time. Vastly overrated. Minish Cap remains the best handheld Zelda.

Minish cap WAS awesome but I highly disagree.

Someone explain to me why this game is so loved? The egregious levels of item management due to only 2 buttons made me want to quit several times. It makes the OoT Water Temple look like the most leisurely experience in gaming. At least it's not as bad as Zelda 2.

You can't honestly hold this against it...

Curufinwe

Putting Streit on a 2nd pairing and having a goalie tandem of Mason / Emery is upgrading? Good luck with that.

Considering Streit is replacing a chronically injured Mezaros and Mason/Emery are replacing the worst starting goalie in the league last year outside of Kiprusoff, then yes it is a clear upgrade. A lot of people don't realize Streit played the whole NHL season with a nagging knee injury sustained in Switzerland during the lockout. I think he's going to be very effective playing with Coburn at ES, and hopefully replacing Timonen on the first PP unit so that Kimmo doesn't have to play 20+ minutes a night as a 38 year old.

Good luck with paying the spent husk of Danny Breire $4m a year.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah that Alzner contract is great. Like Spectre said, it'll make signing Tanev much easier as he's a similar player but has accomplished a lot less.

Schroeder?
Didn't file either. Also a good sign.

You can't honestly hold this against it...
It isn't a design flaw, but it does make the game more tedious. It's the sort of tedium that we're no longer used to. It frustrated me at first until I adapted and didn't notice.

Curufinwe

Mason is awful.

Mason was awful in Columbus, but played great in his games in Philly. Just been able to play the puck properly, stop the odd breakaway, and not ducking under head-high shots was a significant improvement over that guy no team in the league seems to want now.

Bieber gets it. As a son of Toronto, you give zero fucks about some other team's shite logo.

edit:

Winnipeg Jets
Zach Bogosian
Bryan Little
Paul Postma
Eric Tangradi
Blake Wheeler

What's going on here? Calder, explain - in .gif format, please.

Osorio

We re-signed Zidlicky

Ugh.

Lou needs to realize that for every powerplay goal he scores, he gives the other team 7-8 scoring chances.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
After seeing what happened with Hodgson, he was smart to not file.

Either he takes a huge leap forward this year or he learns to play wing. I think he's trade bait though.

Agreed 100%. He's holding the seat warm for that 3C spot for Horvat and Gaunce until they're good enough to take them. Which is most likely gonna happen in 2014/15, if not 13/14 already. Then he'll be stuck playing 4C (which he's too good for and should really be traded instead) or he learns to play wing to stay on the 3rd line. Which might be Jensen's wing soon too, so he'll have younger competition there too.

So... Yeah he'll get traded next season I think.

Tabris

Yeah, what's going on with Winnipeg? I thought moving out of Atlanta would mean having owners willing to spend some money to put a quality product out there. I don't think I've seen a single big free agent signing for Winnipeg since they moved.

EDIT - I also don't feel as bad about Vancouver / Luongo situation right now after seeing that Rask signing.

EDIT 2 - Any one know what the salary cap is most likely going to be next year? I know it's not announced but what is it projected to be based on revenue share?

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen a more incorrect post on GAF.

Smiley90

Steam Summer Sale most likely tomorrow, eh.

HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIFE, HIDE YO WALLETS.

I already own most games, sales aren't that great anymore for me... Unless they go back to their "adventure/minigame" sales from 2011, with raffle tickets&coal. That was awesome.

Samyy

I already own most games, sales aren't that great anymore for me... Unless they go back to their "adventure/minigame" sales from 2011, with raffle tickets&coal. That was awesome.

God fucking dammit, here I am debating between Ni No Kuni and SMT 4 and then you tell me this? Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

:(

I need more money.

Quick

Banned

I usually have self-restraint when it comes to Steam sales. I only ever buy if it's legitimately something I'd play, so I'll wait and see what they have to offer.

In related news, I got The Walking Dead: 400 Days, but that's taking a backseat to The Last of Us right now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Smiley90

Yeahhhh...the moment Crusader Kings II is on sale that's happening.

So I take it you enjoyed the let's plays? :p

I was so happy to see the 30$-credit if you own FE and SMT4, since I already own FE and I've got SMT4 pre-ordered. Free 30$? I'll take it!

Top Bottom