• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty funny that both Boucher and Vigneault are fired this season, as both would have been front runners for the Habs coaching position last year.

ZeroGravity

Pretty funny that both Boucher and Vigneault are fired this season, as both would have been front runners for the Habs coaching position last year.
Boucher will be a great coach someday. He should really get an assistant coaching job someone in the NHL and learn from more experienced coaches. He'll probably be available next time the Habs need a coach.

Socreges

Banned
I remember people thinking last season that Vigneault was on the block. I knew he wouldn't be, but after this season there was no question. It was just a matter of time.

Tippett will be our next head coach. I'd be happy with that.

I remember people thinking last season that Vigneault was on the block. I knew he wouldn't be, but after this season there was no question. It was just a matter of time.

You guys should take Lavy. I'm being 100% serious. He's great, but things aren't working in Philly at the moment.

Not a fan of the Coyotes' style of play. I'd rather have Boucher's run-and-gun style (plus the Canucks have better defense/goaltending than the Lightning).

ZeroGravity

Not a fan of the Coyotes' style of play. I'd rather have Boucher's run-and-gun style (plus the Canucks have better defense/goaltending than the Lightning).
While I don't doubt Boucher would work better for Vancouver because of having a better defense and goaltending, I definitely wouldn't call his style run-and-gun. His systems are very passive. They're more about sitting back and forcing turnovers then pushing the play offensively. He was never able to fully take advantage of the great talent at forward we had.

Socreges

Banned
laughing.gif

Red_Man

It would be pretty interesting to see what Tippett could get out of a team with the talent Vancouver has, seeing what he has done with Phoenix.

Red_Man

Darren Dredger said:
In no specific order, here's a list of possible Canucks coaching options: Tippett, Ruff, Renney, Boucher, Maurice, Arniel, Eakins, Martin.

Quick

Banned
I'd like to see what Eakins does with a team like the Canucks. What made the Marlies so successful these past couple of years is everyone got with his system, and the dude is super nice and supportive.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Montreal signed Collberg and Nygren to ELC's. It's likely that Collberg goes back to Sweden if he can't make the Habs, not sure if Nygren is coming over to Hamilton.

Nygren's nickname is "Nygga"...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Montreal signed Collberg and Nygren to ELC's. It's likely that Collberg goes back to Sweden if he can't make the Habs, not sure if Nygren is coming over to Hamilton.

Nygren's nickname is "Nygga"...

I want him to be on the ice at the same time as PK and for a commentator to fail.

Top Bottom