• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Montreal signed Collberg and Nygren to ELC's. It's likely that Collberg goes back to Sweden if he can't make the Habs, not sure if Nygren is coming over to Hamilton.

Nygren's nickname is "Nygga"...

If im not mistaking, Collberg is saying that he is staying in Sweden to develop, no matter what. Nygren seemed unsure though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If im not mistaking, Collberg is saying that he is staying in Sweden to develop, no matter what. Nygren seemed unsure though.

Ah, I assumed he was going to be given a shot to stick in the NHL, not that it would have been likely this season. I have no problem with him staying over there though, so long as he gets icetime.

They might prefer Nygren staying over there too, Hamilton blueline is crowded with rookie and second year defencemen this season and next.

Ah, I assumed he was going to be given a shot to stick in the NHL, not that it would have been likely this season. I have no problem with him staying over there though, so long as he gets icetime.

They might prefer Nygren staying over there too, Hamilton blueline is crowded with rookie and second year defencemen this season and next.

I´m not really updated on his situation, but say that he will be in Frolunda this year, I think that he will finally get the icetime he needs there, since their new coach have had him in WJC and seems to really want to build the team around the youngsters.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Trident employees eagerly await confirmation of AV's next job, they'll all have to re-locate too.

Marvie_3

Banned
What's up guys

cries

Sorry man. Here's some pizza to cheer you up.

i7oofDzSVx9KK.gif

I'd like to see Marty get the cover since it will undoubtedly be his last year in the NHL.
I'd like to see Marty because there hasn't been a goalie on the cover since John Vanbiesbrouck on NHL 97.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I´m not really updated on his situation, but say that he will be in Frolunda this year, I think that he will finally get the icetime he needs there, since their new coach have had him in WJC and seems to really want to build the team around the youngsters.
He's said he want's to stay there and like you said he has his WJ coach there now where he excelled, so he'll be getting top line minutes instead of the bullshit he put up with this year. I'd rather him develop under his WJ coach where he did well then the shit coaching system that's down with the Dogs. I don't think there's room for Nygren next year, but I don't know for sure.

Socreges

Banned
It'll be Tavares. Young superstar, nominated for Hart trophy. Datsyuk and Brodeur are too old, and Bobrovsky is too reckless.

YOU'RE OFF THE COVER, BOBROVSKY

Red_Man

Nygren, Ellis, Dietz, Thrower, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, Bennet. Lots of goodies on D, Bergevin needs to wheel and deal a bit this off season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any consolation, I was rooting for Ottawa.

On the plus side, Ottawa has a bunch of excellent players that are underrated and get shit done without fanfare so a lot of teams get surprised. We need to start taking Greening and Zibenijad seriously.

On the downside, injuries fucked them up good.

Stay healthy next year and add a star Dman and maybe another 2nd line C and they're good.

When I went to the can, it was 3-2. The fuck happened?!

Stay healthy next year and add a star Dman and maybe another 2nd line C and they're good.

When I went to the can, it was 3-2. The fuck happened?!

We got Spezza-Turris-Zibanejad-Smith-Pageau down the middle, don't think we need any more C.

Gonchar will probably be replaced for next replaced. He was good all year but he was brutal last night.

The Sens are a cap floor team largely made up of rookies and players with little NHL experience with a couple of key vets. They shouldn't even be in the playoffs much less the 2nd round. Nothing really happened IMO, all the injuries, rusty players, inexperience caught up with us in a playoff round where there is little to no room for error.

Nowhere to go but up from here IMO.

Cake Boss

Banned
Need some experience on our top 6, we relied on too many rookies this season and in the playoffs, there seems to be a log jam in the forward ranks right now.

The club is very high on Stone, I will be surprised if he didnt start the season with Spezza next season. Alfie will be back for another year, he can still play + wants to play in Sochi.

Michalek- Spezza- Stone
Silfverberg- Turris- Alfie
Zibenejad- Smith- Neil
Greening- Pageau- Condra
Hoffman/ Kassian

No idea where Conacher fits in that lineup unless Alfie retires, wouldnt surprise me if he gets packaged in a quantity for quality kind of move, we already got Pageau and Condra who kind of take his spot of being the team's smurfs.

Plus you also got the other 2 1st rounders from 2011 not that far away with Noesen and Puempel + Prince.

Le Defense

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Weirdcock/ Gonchar
Philips- Weirdcock/ Gryba/
Benoit
Ceci
Borocop

Give Gonchar 1 year, if he wants more give his spot to Weirdcock, was our 5th leading scorer as a rookie dman, not bad. sign Benoit, good depth player to have, will probably get a long term extension though, from another team thats desperate for D.

Trade bait (Mostly prospects)

DaBossta :(
Puempel
Prince
Grant
Hoffman

Cake Boss

Banned
I remember being hyped about possibly picking him leading up to that draft. How's he been since?

Off and on, starts the season on a tear, then gets injured, comes back and just plays average. For 2 straight seasons now hes been injured after getting off to a hot start.

Red_Man

Thrower had a high hit on a guy and is suspended for the rest of the Memorial Cup, finally a goon! Cup is on the way!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Thrower had a high hit on a guy and is suspended for the rest of the Memorial Cup, finally a goon! Cup is on the way!

I saw the hit when it happened, no problem at all with the suspension. Left his feet, head was the principal point of contact.

Red_Man

Is Thrower's first name Elbow?

The guy he hit was one Philly's 4th round picks last year, Hopefully he's fine.
He plays on the edge, it's not his first suspension and won't be his last. Apparently the Bruins wanted him which should tell you what kind of player he is.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's had a pretty unremarkable year. His offense took a huge hit, and he hasn't been great in his own end in the games I've seen, Dietz is the much better Blades defenceman.

Red_Man

He's had a pretty unremarkable year. His offense took a huge hit, and he hasn't been great in his own end in the games I've seen, Dietz is the much better Blades defenceman.
Dietz was the leading scorer for D-men in the WHL I believe?

A part of me wanted to see Roy as the new Habs coach, but there's so much uncertainty around him.

Red_Man

Roy becomes VP of Hockey Operations as well as coaching. The Avs just became a whole lot more exciting. With a #1 pick, + guys like Landeskog, O'Rielly, Duchene, Barrie, and Johnson Roy could pull a big turn around pretty quickly.

Hunter S.

Fuuuuuuuuccckkk YEaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Rory coming home!!!!!!

He also signed on demanding asshole Josh Kronke commit to making the team a force in the NHL again. MY man!!!!

CrankyJay

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuccckkk YEaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Rory coming home!!!!!!

He also signed on demanding asshole Josh Kronke commit to making the team a force in the NHL again. MY man!!!!

Good deal...Buffalo Sabres will trade you the 8th pick and Mikhail Grigorenko and other assets to acquire your pick.

Thank you.

Socreges

Banned
What have I done? I've hardly even posted since the Canucks got knocked out.
Sorry, I was just making sure it was understood that I was also talking about you (because of that one post). I'm not even going to hold your pre-elimination dramatic unfurling against you since we all go overboard in trying times. ;)

Off and on, starts the season on a tear, then gets injured, comes back and just plays average. For 2 straight seasons now hes been injured after getting off to a hot start.

I'd prefer not to trade Puempel (or any of our better prospects for that matter) until we see what Richardson can do with them in Bingo. You never know.

As for our inexperienced top-6, we're rebuilding so they're trying to leave spots open for prospects as much as possible. Next year they'll be less inexperienced after what happened this year, hopefully they will improve, their numbers go up and we might have a new face or two who might surprise (like Pageau).

CCF23

Sorry, I was just making sure it was understood that I was also talking about you (because of that one post). I'm not even going to hold your pre-elimination dramatic unfurling against you since we all go overboard in trying times. ;)

The last post was firmly tongue in cheek.

I'm not freaking out about the team. Firing AV was a huge step forward in my eyes. I still feel like we've got a very good core and that a fresh voice could do wonders to reinvigorate it. We'll see.

Roy becomes VP of Hockey Operations as well as coaching. The Avs just became a whole lot more exciting. With a #1 pick, + guys like Landeskog, O'Rielly, Duchene, Barrie, and Johnson Roy could pull a big turn around pretty quickly.

I wonder if Roy will go out and talk to the goalposts before every game.

Still a huge question mark if he can coach successfully in the NHL.

Top Bottom