• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has signed forward John Scott to a one-year contract extension.

Scott (6’8”, 270 lbs., 9/26/82) played in 34 games with the Sabres in the 2012-13 season after signing with the club as a free agent on July 1, 2012.

Filling the all important GIF role for next season.

WpSgzDR.gif

Wings being in the North-East next season is gonna force Bos-Tor-MTL to play for real and stop clowning around all year.

Heck even Columbus will outclass the Habs and Leafs and be a close 2nd or 3rd in the North-East

Don't know how to feel about Roy being head coach. I was hoping for someone more experienced in the NHL, like Tippett or Ruff. At least Roy has a passion for winning and success in juniors. Can't wait to see how he manages Varlamov. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Please end up on the Leafs somehow. I've wanted this guy forever.
No chance unless TO moves up. Even then the Habs, Canucks, Oilers, and Flames as well as a host of other teams who've seen this guy play will grab him.

OK fine, Cgy will end up wasting their pick again with Feaster. And Edm should really draft a fucking defenseman.

Don't know how to feel about Roy being head coach. I was hoping for someone more experienced in the NHL, like Tippett or Ruff. At least Roy has a passion for winning and success in juniors. Can't wait to see how he manages Varlamov. :p

I remember this being the pitch for Sacco in regards to the minors way back when. Not terribly confident in the decision.

Curufinwe

I wonder if Columbus are just waiting for NY and LA to lose to start offering their three first rounders as a package to move up to the top 5.

I assume Bob will get a decent raise, but they have tons of cap room.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't really see it on defense. Phaneuf vs. Johnson is debatable and Gardiner>Anyone else they have

Goaltending again is debatable. We'll see how Bob is next year.

lol no.

Gardiner has yet to prove he is better than Tyutin and Nikitin. Maybe he would be in the future but currently both of those guys have proven to be better NHL players.

Johnson- Wisnewski
Tyutin- Nikitin
Prout- Erixon

vs

Phaneuf- Gunnarsson
Gardiner- Franson
Kostka- Obryne

Plus they got Murray coming up next season, would have played if he didn't get injured.

The leafs are a much better team offensively though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Emelin is out for 6 months after his surgery, so he won't be back until the beginning of December if everything goes well =/ opens up a space for another Hamilton D to start out of camp besides Tinordi.

Samyy

Komarov says he wont make a decision until he meets with Nonis and hears their offer! I guess he just seeing what is available right now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's amazing that it could not have gone worse for them.

What do you mean couldn't have gone any worse? It's not like something went "unexpectedly" bad. (like the torch not going up at the Olympics opening ceremony or something) They must've known the backlash that they were about to get. Oh well. E3 is around the corner where what REALLY matters will be on display. Everything else they can probably still kind of change and clarify over the coming weeks&months.

Until then: PC master race and my 3DS has some sweet, sweet titles (POKEMON) coming up that I will be fully happy with if neither console pans out.

Samyy

What do you mean couldn't have gone any worse? It's not like something went "unexpectedly" bad. (like the torch not going up at the Olympics opening ceremony or something) They must've known the backlash that they were about to get. Oh well. E3 is around the corner where what REALLY matters will be on display. Everything else they can probably still kind of change and clarify over the coming weeks&months.

Until then: PC master race and my 3DS has some sweet, sweet titles (POKEMON) coming up that I will be fully happy with if neither console pans out.

-highfive- -hugs 3DS-

Quick

Banned

Read that as "sweet titties". Whoops.

I just saw Conan's interview with Alice Eve.

Marvie_3

Banned

I think you meant to say Animal Crossing

Oh for fuck sake you're always there to offer some sort of stupid gotcha comment. You're right, plane didn't crash on the building filled with babies. They'll take the win.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think you meant to say Animal Crossing

Pokemon, Animal Crossing, various JRPG's whose names I can most definitely not spell properly from memory, yes. :D

Oh for fuck sake you're always there to offer some sort of stupid gotcha comment. You're right, plane didn't crash on the building filled with babies. They'll take the win.

:lol I feel like Soc said this to me like a year ago already.

Cake Boss

Banned

This damage control reminds me of the damage control of Sony fans during the $599 announcement.

This has been more entertaining than the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Top Bottom