• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Heretic

It doesn't bother you that by accepting the console at this stage it opens the door to worse DRM being implemented in the future?

We don't know facts yet. Heck, MS doesn't even have them sorted out themselves. MS is looking to do things similar to Steam except on consoles.

If it bothers you, then don't buy it. The new policies, even though we don't know the full details yet, don't bother me.

What bothers you about the XOne?

Razorskin

----- ------
We don't know facts yet. Heck, MS doesn't even have them sorted out themselves. MS is looking to do things similar to Steam except on consoles.

If it bothers you, then don't buy it. The new policies, even though we don't know the full details yet, don't bother me.

If there's any DRM used that's not Steam gaming side condemns it.

Samyy

Me, my friends and relatives exchange games a lot thats all, we just want a system that will let us do that. Im too poor to buy 90% of the games I want to play so that worked great for all of us.

Yea if PS4 does it too im out. I mainly like playing JRPGS and they tend to be on the handhelds.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Anton Stralman's injuries that kept him out of the last few games against the Bruins (and forced us to play Roman Hamrlik) were facial fractures and a separated shoulder, all suffered on the big hit he took from Milan Lucic in game 3. No timetable for his recovery, though I imagine he should be ready to go for training game.

Apparently the Rangers are also having second thoughts about re-signing Ryane Clowe now. The plan was to absolutely re-sign him, and that's why they traded away the picks they did to ensure they got him, but after taking two straight head injuries and only playing basically one playoff game (with the playoffs being the entire reason the Rangers went after Clowe in the first place), they may be backing off on re-signing him.

What a waste of a trade that will be if that's the case.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently the Rangers are also having second thoughts about re-signing Ryane Clowe now. The plan was to absolutely re-sign him, and that's why they traded away the picks they did to ensure they got him, but after taking two straight head injuries and only playing basically one playoff game (with the playoffs being the entire reason the Rangers went after Clowe in the first place), they may be backing off on re-signing him.

What a waste of a trade that will be if that's the case.
Thank you based-Bergevin. Hope the people complaining he didn't make any moves at the deadline can shut it now.

Heretic

Me, my friends and relatives exchange games a lot thats all, we just want a system that will let us do that. Im too poor to buy 90% of the games I want to play so that worked great for all of us.

Yea if PS4 does it too im out. I mainly like playing JRPGS and they tend to be on the handhelds.

The used games complaint I understand. But we'll see what they have to say about it. MS wasn't ready to answer those questions just yet which is why they didn't announce that at the conference. They got bombarded with those questions from the media after the event. They should have kept quiet instead of everyone giving different answers.

Samyy

The used games complaint I understand. But we'll see what they have to say about it. MS wasn't ready to answer those questions just yet which is why they didn't announce that at the conference. They got bombarded with those questions from the media after the event. They should have kept quiet instead of everyone giving different answers.

Yea Phil really fucked it up lol

Pretty sure at this point they have it all sorted out, they're not just going to "change their mind" because of uproar on a popular forum.

They will keep quiet about it and downplay it. People will buy it anyway.

Same thing happened with the RRoD, they refused to disclose it for quite some time. People bought 2nd, 3rd, 4th consoles as replacements.

They probably think they can do no wrong at this point.

Marvie_3

Banned
Pretty sure at this point they have it all sorted out, they're not just going to "change their mind" because of uproar on a popular forum.

Same thing happened with the RRoD, they refused to disclose it for quite some time. People bought 2nd, 3rd, 4th consoles as replacements.

Schuey and hrtc think that too.

There's enough Halo and Gears fanboys out there that they can easily sell enough, if your friends are buying it so will you.

The people that MS is marketing to with their PVR, Kinect etc. don't even know what DRM is and probably don't care either. A lot of them will buy it too.

Probably safe to say that PS4 will have something like this as well, this is the publishers putting pressure on the console makers because not enough people are buying their crappy overpriced $60 games that you can finish in 4 hours.

EA put out a steaming DRM turd like SimCity and people still bought it. Same with Diablo.

The message has already been sent, gamers at large will accept (or are ignorant about) anti-consumer practices and will gladly bend over when asked.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lets be honest Hrtc, you would have bought that thing Day 1 if it was just a toaster that had a mechanical dick attached to it where it fucked you and made you bleed out of your ass, as long as it had a Microsoft condom on it while doing it you would have had no problems with it, and you would have paid $500 for it and defended it on the interwebs.

Lets be honest Hrtc, you would have bought that thing Day 1 if it was just a toaster that had a mechanical dick attached to it where it fucked you and made you bleed out of your ass, as long as it had a Microsoft condom on it while doing it you would have had no problems with it, and you would have paid $500 for it and defended it on the interwebs.

LMAO

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Holy shit :lol

Heretic

Lol no way!

- Sent from my Windows Phone

Only if it called me Master Chief while it slapped my ass.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They have a pink Master Chief now?
Cortana_H4_Render.png

No one bought replacement consoles before MS spoke about the RROD because the 360 came with a 1 year warranty, and MS addressed the problem and extended the warranty to 3 years before the 1st year was even up.

Quick

Banned
I just beat it 2 weekends ago, I agree. It was way better than I thought it was going to be.

The set pieces aren't as grandiose as Uncharted, but it certainly reminded me of the series, go figure. The bit where you run through buildings while it was crashing gave me Uncharted 2 vibes, where Drake and Chloe are running through the collapsing hotel.

Also, as much as I liked Chuck (well, season 1 and 2), Zach Levi hosting the Final Hours videos made me cringe a little. His "I'm a nerd" persona annoys me.

Top Bottom