• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Razorskin

----- ------
I still have a hard time seeing them pass on Druin, regardless of the information coming out. Seems so stupid.

Looking forward to the reactions
"OFF THE BOARD RUSSIAN PICK, CLASSIC WINGS MOVE YZERMAN"
"OH GREAT DROUIN TO THE PREDS, ANOTHER FORWARD TO RUIN"

^ Nice avatar dude!

A good thing to do with Gaming side is read the news in the OP and then disregard every single other fucking post in the thread because it will, no doubt, be filled with entitled and dramatic bullshit or some goddamn meme.

Everything is great, it's just a shame about the fanatical fans.

I'm foreseeing some disappointed Panthers fans come draft time. At least the ones who are hell bent on a center. Despite our defensive situation being dire as fuck I could see Pracey eyeing Mac over Jones at this point. Something something 'best player available', something something Erik Johnson.

I'm foreseeing some disappointed Panthers fans come draft time. At least the ones who are hell bent on a center. Despite our defensive situation being dire as fuck I could see Pracey eyeing Mac over Jones at this point. Something something 'best player available', something something Erik Johnson.
This is what I'm worried about. Hubey and MacK are a dream come true. Those two can be the scoring duo since Bure & Bure. The good part is Seth was beast as well, showed a remarkable offensive instinct with the puck and he place himself right where the play develops. I hope the Mem cup doesn't effect the draft order, but the WJCs were enough to knock down MacKinnon from the top spot.

Combines are this week so I think we'll get the best idea of what will happen from that.

Cake Boss

Banned
Spezza will have knee scoped...suffered knee injury while rehabbing his back

So giggles was on 1 leg too.

Ian Mendes @ian_mendes 3h
Sounds like Mark Stone may have suffered a high-ankle sprain in Game 4 -- which would be tough because it would impact summer training.

FANTASTIC. MOAR AWESOME NEWSSS!

As for Gonchar, nothing more than 3M for 2 years and I would do it.

Edit:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 8m
Karlsson says he did no further damage to his achilles by coming back this season. Hopes to be close to 100% healthy for training camp.

Murray Pam ‏@Pammerhockey 7m
Karlsson: "Still have lots of work to do." Rehabbing all summer, may not be 100% at the start of next season.

That just great.

Socreges

Banned
qm.gif

Hunter S.

So cool that the avs should pick Seth Jones first in the Draft. Man first started hockey in Denver. His dad was playing for the Nuggets and asked Joe Sakic what he should do to get his boy to be great. Joe said to work on his skating resulting in Seth learning figure skating first before playing hockey. Defense is the place the avs lack the most, so hopefully it does not take too many years for him to play in Colorado in the NHL.

Socreges

Banned
So cool that the avs should pick Seth Jones first in the Draft. Man first started hockey in Denver. His dad was playing for the Nuggets and asked Joe Sakic what he should do to get his boy to be great. Joe said to work on his skating resulting in Seth learning figure skating first before playing hockey. Defense is the place the avs lack the most, so hopefully it does not take too many years for him to play in Colorado in the NHL.
Avs are taking MacKinnon.

Socreges

Banned
Bahahahahaha... The offense would be there for the Avs actually had a decent D and Goalies were not so shit.

I do not believe your lies.
Listen to 19&21 for he is wise. 'Something something best player available'.

Avs will get Mac. Cats will get Jones. And no one will be happy.

I actually do think the Avs will draft Jones, regardless of him being schooled repeatedly by Mac during the Memorial Cup. It's just too easy to taunt both Avs/Panthers fans simultaneously.

Hunter S.

19 & 21 is more of a Nuggets fan anyways. I wouldn't trust his barely understandable English above.

Edit: He probably wants a Center so we can finally trade away Mr. over payed bore ball Paul Stastny. Not happening.

Socreges

Banned
19 & 21 is more of a Nuggets fan anyways. I wouldn't trust his barely understandable English above.

Edit: He probably wants a Center so we can finally trade away Mr. over payed bore ball Paul Stastny. Not happening.
I can understand him. He doesn't want Mac over Jones. He's just suggesting that it might happen.

Oilers drafted the best player available. That's why they have Hall, RNH, and Yakupov instead of some decent defensemen.
I think this year is muddied as ever as who is #1. McKenzie tweeted that many scouts have Jones as #1 while a few have MacK as #1. He even said one has Barkov as #1, and one has Drouin over MacK for #2. To close to call really, any of the top 5 would be a #1 in another year's draft. Jones is too perfect for the Avs to pass. I hope.

ZeroGravity

Oilers drafted the best player available. That's why they have Hall, RNH, and Yakupov instead of some decent defensemen.
They still have the option to trading one of their forwards for a proven defenseman, which is what they probably should do at this point. Avs could do the same thing if they take Mackinnon.

Curufinwe

Philly will do that if they take Horvat or Domi or Shinkaruk or some other forward at 11. Which is why I want them to take a defenseman. They may have every defenseman but Jones to pick from.

I think it's a 50/50 possibility between Mac and Jones. The upside of Mac wouldn't just be having his skill but also being able to shed some dead weight and acquire some defensive help in the process. I still want Jones, I think the guy is perfect for our situation. Mac would open more options for us though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Philly will do that if they take Horvat or Domi or Shinkaruk or some other forward at 11. Which is why I want them to take a defenseman. They may have every defenseman but Jones to pick from.

I wouldn't mind them trading Read for a defenseman.

It reminds me a bit of 2009 when Tavares went #1 and Hedman #2; while Tavares was a great talent scouts pegged Hedman as a future franchise defenseman, which is much rarer in the NHL. There was speculation the Islanders could've taken Hedman instead.

I think Jones would be a better fit for the Avs and I'm not sure if the return for MacKinnon would be worth passing over Jones.

Hunter S.

I think it's a 50/50 possibility between Mac and Jones. The upside of Mac wouldn't just be having his skill but also being able to shed some dead weight and acquire some defensive help in the process. I still want Jones, I think the guy is perfect for our situation. Mac would open more options for us though.

I will entertain this Mac scenario, and trading for a defenseman we got going here. Who do we trade, O'rielly, Duchene, or Stastny? Paul and Matt are such good friends dividing them seems bad to me for a team morale on a team already heavy on low morale. O'reilly is probably the best all around center, but he does not seem loyal, and might leave the quickest. Duchene finally started improving on offense, but he is the least defensive oriented of the three. Stastny's only advantage is good all around play, passing, passing, passing and being a quit veteran. Despite the dislike for Stastny, which one would get the Avs the most by trading one of them for an above average veteran defenseman?

It reminds me a bit of 2009 when Tavares went #1 and Hedman #2; while Tavares was a great talent scouts pegged Hedman as a future franchise defenseman, which is much rarer in the NHL. There was speculation the Islanders could've taken Hedman instead.

And there was Duchene being all like "heeeey you guuuuuys".

I will entertain this Mac scenario, and trading for a defenseman we got going here. Who do we trade, O'rielly, Duchene, or Stastny? Paul and Matt are such good friends dividing them seems bad to me for a team morale on a team already heavy on low morale. O'reilly is probably the best all around center, but he does not seem loyal, and might leave the quickest. Duchene finally started improving on offense, but he is the least defensive oriented of the three. Stastny's only advantage is good all around play, passing, passing, passing and being a quit veteran. Despite the dislike for Stastny, which one would get the Avs the most by trading one of them for an above average veteran defenseman?

Radar fits your bill the most because of age and contract status. He has a fucking bizarre attitude problem though, during his first 3 years he was always 'oh so dedicated to the avs, first on the ice last off for everything, blah blah blah' but I think he's shown some jekyl and hyde going on and that's not the sort of thing that you build a team around. Staz is a UFA next year and may step it the fuck up because it's a renewal year, but he'll always slip back into his mediocrity. Even with Roy breathing down his neck I don't expect good things.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd put a lot of money on Jones going first, very rarely does a tournament sway the opinions of scouts and executives that have been formed over months and months of scouting.

Edit: Just saw Thrower has been traded to the Vancouver Giants, seeing the success Gallagher had there as well as his father being the team's conditioning coach should be good for Thrower. Hopefully he can have a good summer and get back on track next season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of games. State of Decay on XBLA looks really cool. Open world, GTA, zombie survival is an awesome combination. Supposed to come out in a few weeks I think.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Brad Richards wants to stay with the Rangers. Ryane Clowe wants to stay with the Rangers.

Henrik Lundqvist...ehhhhhhhhhh, not so much. He sounds an awful lot like a guy who's gonna walk if we don't win the Cup next year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So Brad Richards wants to stay with the Rangers. Ryane Clowe wants to stay with the Rangers.

Henrik Lundqvist...ehhhhhhhhhh, not so much. He sounds an awful lot like a guy who's gonna walk if we don't win the Cup next year.
And no one person was surprised.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And no one person was surprised.

Pretty much.

That's ok. I think we have a really good shot next year.

Or, perhaps more accurately, next season is basically "Stanley Cup or Bust."

While we're at it, both Richards and Boyle said they sucked this year and that they weren't in good enough shape for the start of the season. Richards in particular said he was ready to go in September and then pretty much slacked off by January. Pretty goddamn inexcusable for a guy getting paid such a ridiculous amount of money if you ask me.

McDonagh plans to be super hands on in contract negotiations.

Stepan wants to retire a Ranger, so expect him to look for something long term.

Marc Staal says he thinks his eye will never fully heal but that he plans to be playing at the same level he was before he was injured by the start of the season. Honestly, I'm pretty worried about him.

Darroll Powe finally confirmed that he did in fact have a concussion. Clowe wouldn't confirm the same for himself, but he did hint as much. Not that it's any surprise to anyone.

Rick Nash says he was healthy for the postseason and doesn't need any surgeries or procedures of any kind over the summer. The story about him being truly healthy during the postseason seems dubious.

Brassard says the passion was completely out of his game in Columbus but now that he's playing in front of a packed house every night he feels totally revitalized. He also said that he looks up to Stepan as a leader and role model, even though Step is younger than he is.

Hagelin seems pretty set on staying a Ranger.

Top Bottom