• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This AC gameplay demo has some MAD lag. By demo I mean pre-recorded video "gameplay", of course.

Also LOL@BZZZZZ to start it off.

EDIT: ahahahahaa did that just happen? So much lag, it froze on stage. ahahahaha.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You're in for a treat, this place is beautiful and loaded with amazing vineyards.

Im moving to Victoria next week so I won't be here anymore though.

Yeah, we were there last year and stayed up at Postill Lake Lodge. Bought a shit load of wine.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going to interrupt this nerd fest for a very annoying gif that will get a lot of use next season

zhICB2K.gif

Smiley90

Sony obliterated MS at the end there, sorry.

No DRM/always-on
399 vs 499

Overall, I'd say MS had a "better" conference in terms of actually showing a lot of games/new material, whereas Sony kind of sucked in terms of games... But Sony appears to have a much better plan for their console, with pricing and customer-friendliness.

I'll need to think. :/

I don't want to leave Forza&Halo... but PS4 as a console > One. It hurts me to admit, but it really seems like it. WHY YOU GOTTA DO THIS TO ME MS

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The first party studios are there im not worried, getting a PS4 at launch

That's as shocking as me getting an Xbox, lol

Lots of good games on both systems, but Titan Fall and Destiny are both on Xbox so I'm good. Not to mention Forza and Quantum Break.

Quick

Banned
Pay to play multi on PS4. At least I won't have to hear that comparison to Xbox live anymore.

Destiny looks sweet.

PS+ is fucking amazing, though.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, SCHUEY AND HERETIC?!

LET ME PULL OUT MY PS4 PENIS AND DICKSLAP YOUR CONSOLE OF CHOICE.

Smiley90

PS4 > Xbox One

MS lineup > Sony lineup (Halo&Forza being the big ones, as well as TitanFall)

What do I do now, fuck.

Heretic

We're obnoxious enough by being hockey team fanboys. But let's double that.

Truth is somewhere between these two posts.

Neither conference really wowed me, but I'm definitely leaning towards the PS4 right now.
NextGen didn't wow me like I hoped it would... PC buzz kill!

PS4 > Xbox One

MS lineup > Sony lineup (Halo&Forza being the big ones, as well as TitanFall)

What do I do now, fuck.

Sony didn't impress me with their games. Correction, they didn't show anything I WANTED to buy. Hoping Nintendo knocks it out of the park tomorrow...

Samyy

My man. Trailer was so brief, and I want more.

Fingers are still crossed for ground-to-space seamless transport.

Oh god that has to happen
And where were the Naughty Gods! No mention of Stigs game, 2nd Guerilla IP mia as well as MM :<

RC

Banned
Just prettier versions of games we already have. Still waiting on those "next-gen" game play experiences.

But if I were to jump into the next generation, it'd be the PS4. Used games, $100 cheaper, and I'm a fan of their first parties. (Even though they didn't show anything that impressive)

Samyy

SOOOOOO hyped for Nintendo tomorrow. 3DS has been my fave platform this year, cant wait to see some games!
I would kill for 2014 Battlefront but I doubt it they only showed a teaser, maybe 2015

I'm happy about the PS4's entry price.

I'm not happy about the pay-for-online, but then I have paid for PS+ since it was launched and I rarely, if ever, play MP games.

Still going to wait a year or so before buying one.

edit: Oh? Drive Club is free with PS+? Maybe I won't wait a year after all.

Smiley90

Just prettier versions of games we already have. Still waiting on those "next-gen" game play experiences.

But if I were to jump into the next generation, it'd be the PS4. Used games, $100 cheaper, and I'm a fan of their first parties. (Even though they didn't show anything that impressive)

Watch Dogs & Destiny are IMHO the only games that you can consider Next-Gen that I've seen so far. Both seem to look & play amazingly. REALLY looking forward to both.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Watch Dogs & Destiny are IMHO the only games that you can consider Next-Gen that I've seen so far. Both seem to look & play amazingly. REALLY looking forward to both.

Me too. Need to know more about Quantum Break as well. Being a racing fan, Forza 5 has me excited. The return of Drivatar from Forza is cool.

Quick

Banned
Destiny looks great. I wasn't interested in it at all until I saw the demo.

I'm even more hyped for Watch Dogs. I might pre-order the PS4 tomorrow, and may also add Watch Dogs for it if I can.

I still think Watch Dogs is a sequel to Sleeping Dogs.

I still get them mixed up talking about them lol.

I think the end of Sony's presser would've been better served with them showing the game sharing video, showing the presentation slides, blaring music, and forming a Soul Train line of dancing Sony employees. Goddamn it was pure ether. I've never seen a conference deliver that kind of soul burning ether squarely at competitor.

Destiny looked a Borderlands/ Halo type mix. Definitely cool. KH3 made me feel 7 years younger, so much fun in the 1st two. FUCKIN MAD MAX. Holy shit that was awesome to hear. I wanted to see more of the F2P stuff like PS2 Wireframe and the flight MMO, but I guess tht is for aother day.

Samyy

I still get them mixed up talking about them lol.

I think the end of Sony's presser would've been better served with them showing the game sharing video, showing the presentation slides, blaring music, and forming a Soul Train line of dancing Sony employees. Goddamn it was pure ether. I've never seen a conference deliver that kind of soul burning ether a\squarely at competitor.

Destiny looked a Borderlands/ Halo type mix. Definitely cool. KH3 made me feel 7 years younger, so much fun in the 1st two. FUCKIN MAD MAX. Holy shit that was awesome to hear. I wanted to see more of the F2P stuff like PS2 Wireframe and the flight MMO, but I guess tht is for aother day.

There is still Gamescom and TGS. For some reason Sony really likes Gamescom, probably because playstation does well in Europe.

Acid08

Banned
tumblr_mo7rahSXIw1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

Marvie and I.

And I don't know how many of you are fans of Japanese games but the second they showed those FFXV and KH3 trailers, I was sold. Even if they're coming out on the XBone too, I can get them cheaper and without all the DRM/used game garbage that comes with the XBone. For all intents and purposes the Sony hardware appears to be more for less.

As far as the XBone conference goes, it was clear that they still weren't really speaking to the game enthusiast crowd. Sony catered more to that crowd by a long shot. They had an entire segment about indie games(speaking of which the new Super Giant game looks FANTASTIC). I like Sony's message and I don't like Microsoft's. The lower price helps too.

And sorry Heretic, GT>Forza ;). That GT6 trailer got me HYPED.

Samyy

Marvie and I.

And I don't know how many of you are fans of Japanese games but the second they showed those FFXV and KH3 trailers, I was sold. Even if they're coming out on the XBone too, I can get them cheaper and without all the DRM/used game garbage that comes with the XBone. For all intents and purposes the Sony hardware appears to be more for less.

As far as the XBone conference goes, it was clear that they still weren't really speaking to the game enthusiast crowd. Sony catered more to that crowd by a long shot. They had an entire segment about indie games(speaking of which the new Super Giant game looks FANTASTIC). I like Sony's message and I don't like Microsoft's. The lower price helps too.

Thuway says that that VX is playstation exclusive but Square wants to put it on the PS3 as well which is why Sony wasn't allowed to say PS4 exclusive. Kingdom Hearts I can see on the Wii U and Xbox.

Socreges

Banned
Quick/Acid/dubbed
vs
Heretic/SCHUEY/Dopey

You guys have to keep the salt alive for the next few months.

Let me get you started: MS showed off more impressive exclusives! And GO!

NextGen didn't wow me like I hoped it would... PC buzz kill!
Nah, I don't think PC games have made a difference. It's just diminishing returns. Compare Forza 5 to GT6 or MGSV to anything. There just isn't a very big leap between last-round this-gen and first-round next-gen.

Acid08

Banned
Let me get you started: MS showed off more impressive exclusives! And GO!
Comes down to taste I guess.

I was stoked they showed a fighting game at a press conference even if KI has always been kind of trash.

Project Spark looked like something I wouldn't be interested in. Minecraft, who fucking cares? Titan Fall looked cool but shooter fatigue and all that. Dead Rising 3 looked hugely disappointing if that's the tone they're going to be making that whole game with. Cool trailer for the Insomniac game. Dragon game looked cool. Ryse looked like a mess.

The only exclusive I was truly like FUUUUUUCK over was D4. It has been a long time since I've even felt like discussing games like this. This generation soured me on a lot of stuff. dat E3 effect tho.

Socreges

Banned

Marvie and I.

Sure they were. They just didn't colour their presentation with buzzwords and frequent us/them distinctions (that don't necessarily exist in reality) as Sony did. Don't get me wrong. It was very smart of Sony and as I listened I knew it would be effective in capturing gamers' hearts, both those already sold as well as those spurned by MS. And here we've already got you parroting the mantra. :p But in terms of games I think the two consoles are still going to be pretty damn similar.

Cool AC pic btw. Gotta get a pic of the four (?) jerseys he's made in one spot

Top Bottom