• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Curufinwe

I was paranoid about them trading Couturier for Clowe at the deadline and when that came and went without incident I relaxed. I've never actually sat down and watched an NHL draft before, but I can't wait for this one.

Solo

I was paranoid about them trading Couturier for Clowe at the deadline and when that came and went without incident I relaxed. I've never actually sat down and watched an NHL draft before, but I can't wait for this one.

I really hadn't either before 2012 (the only other thing I remember where drafting Carey Price in 2005 and Louis LeBlanc in Montreal in 2009), but it was exciting as fuck to watch finally having a really high pick.

Yeah except now we're in that period where they're gonna want to do something stupid. Homer never really got me worried until the Richards/Carter/Bryz debacle. Ever since just about everything he's done has come out of left field. I don't worry as much about the rumors about Homer, but rather the random stupid thing out of left field that he's about to do.

The fact that we haven't heard anything about Couts getting traded actually worries me a little more even....

I have no problem with them trading guys if they can improve the team with the moves. They could trade G tomorrow and I wouldnt bat an eye as long as they got good stuff back for him.

Curufinwe

Yeah, that and all the talk about Laughton competing for a roster spot next year has me extra on edge.

That just means they won't resign Hall, which I disagree with because he's really good at faceoffs. But Laughton should be on the team next year.

MacKinnon CHL combine on ice drills:
http://youtu.be/ErFvsP36-qE

His brute strength in the opening strides and smoothness laterally is amazing.

I saw an article that said Cats front office already had an offer before the lottery:

EDM: 1st overall

FLA-: 7th overall, Yakupov

Very tempting deal, not sure Tallon would've passed that up.

I saw an article that said Cats front office already had an offer before the lottery:

Is the city of Edmonton going to cease to exist if they don't get the first overall pick or something?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Coyotes update time

NHL is going to sell the coyotes to renaissance entertainment or whatever on the condition they can get a decent AMF from Glendale

If Glendale says no, team is going to elsewhere (likely quebec)

Per bill daly

An RFP has been tabled for colisee upgrade to NHL standard

The way the new nordiques will start (if they move) is by doing the ticket holder program much like Winnipeg did

Coyotes update time

NHL is going to sell the coyotes to renaissance entertainment or whatever on the condition they can get a decent AMF from Glendale

Per bill daly

The way the new nordiques will start (if they move) is by doing the ticket holder program much like Winnipeg did

Nordiques vs Canadiens...so much salt.

Add Quebec to the Northeast or whatever it's called next year and the Atlantic can have the Bruins and the BJs can go back to the Central!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Kinda funny considering who you have in your avatar and Clarke forgot his name.

That was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcmdnFvM4w8

I always watch, it's good fun.

Yeah except now we're in that period where they're gonna want to do something stupid. Homer never really got me worried until the Richards/Carter/Bryz debacle. Ever since just about everything he's done has come out of left field. I don't worry as much about the rumors about Homer, but rather the random stupid thing out of left field that he's about to do.

I still think Snider had more to do with that than Homer.

Curufinwe

Add Quebec to the Northeast or whatever it's called next year and the Atlantic can have the Bruins and the BJs can go back to the Central!

It would make more sense for the Atlantic to get Florida and Tampa, and for Pittsburgh to move to the Northeast.

Columbus and Detroit go to the Central and then you have balanced Conferences.

realignment+1.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It would make more sense for the Atlantic to get Florida and Tampa, and for Pittsburgh to move to the Northeast.

Columbus and Detroit go to the Central and then you have balanced Conferences.

realignment+1.jpg

The NHL seems against splitting up the Pens and Flyers, and damn that Northeast would be stacked.

Socreges

Banned

I doubt that offer is true, but I figure Edmonton would have been after Jones if it were

And holy shit at his skating. That was before his knee injury - I wonder if he's been affected at all. I guess at his age he'd heal 100% extremely quickly

Cactus

Banned
Mac or Droiun >>> Yaks. I would have said no.

MacKinnon and Drouin might have more potential than Yakupov, but they're still huge risks. At least Yakupov has proven that he can be dynamic offensively at the NHL level. Plus, there's only a one-year age difference, and Florida would also be getting a high pick (in a strong draft) back from the Oilers. If Tallon had retained the #1, I think that (probably fake) deal would have made a lot of sense.

First tickets for next season acquired--going to the Caps' exhibition game in Baltimore in September.

Ice kinda sucked last year, hope they'll have it in a better state this time.

I guess fans of Kronke's soccer team are echoing the exact same complaints that Avs fans have with his ownership. The fuck is the point of him owning sports teams if he does nothing for them?
Edit: Apparently I can't link what I wanted to link

Marvie_3

Banned
Coyotes update time

Per bill daly

This is what I see happening. Glendale will say no and the league can blame them for everything.

Solo

Lindros became a full-fledged villain, however, when he refused to play for Quebec after the Nordiques selected him No. 1 overall in the 1991 draft. Unswayed by the enmity of an entire province, or pressure from the prime minister himself, Lindros sat out a year and eventually forced the trade of the decade: a six-player, two-draft-pick, $15 million swap with the Flyers. "I just didn't sense any of that burning desire to win in the Nordiques organization," Lindros says. "If I had gotten drafted by the Canadiens, are you kidding me? I'd be driving up the 401 right away."

Pre-concussion Lindros on the Habs? hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg

Lindros became a full-fledged villain, however, when he refused to play for Quebec after the Nordiques selected him No. 1 overall in the 1991 draft. Unswayed by the enmity of an entire province, or pressure from the prime minister himself, Lindros sat out a year and eventually forced the trade of the decade: a six-player, two-draft-pick, $15 million swap with the Flyers. "I just didn't sense any of that burning desire to win in the Nordiques organization," Lindros says. "If I had gotten drafted by the Canadiens, are you kidding me? I'd be driving up the 401 right away."

Lindros has pretty bad sense, no wonder he didn't see Stevens coming. Of course had the team stayed in Quebec there's no way Montreal trades Roy to the Nordiques, even so he still ended up with zero cups.

Var

Lindros has pretty bad sense, no wonder he didn't see Stevens coming. Of course had the team stayed in Quebec there's no way Montreal trades Roy to the Nordiques, even so he still ended up with zero cups.

You never know, if they hadn't traded Lindros they might have ended up with zero cups as well.

calder

IIHF World Championships start Saturday (for Team Canada anyway, I think tomorrow for some teams) and I'm pretty pumped. Our team may look a tiny bit thin on D and merely OK in goal, but the forwards.... hnnnnnnnnnn.

Code:
Matt Duchene	5'11				Colorado Avalanche
Jordan Eberle	5'11				Edmonton Oilers
Claude Giroux	5'11				Philadelphia Flyers
Taylor Hall	6'1				Edmonton Oilers
Andrew Ladd [A]	6'3				Winnipeg Jets
Ryan O'Reilly	6'0				Colorado Avalanche
Matt Read	5'10				Philadelphia Flyers
Wayne Simmonds	6'2				Philadelphia Flyers
Eric Staal [C]	6'4				Carolina Hurricanes
Jeff Skinner	5'11				Carolina Hurricanes
Jordan Staal	6'4				Carolina Hurricanes
Steven Stamkos	6'1				Tampa Bay Lightning
Stephane Robidas is the other assistant.

That's a quality group of forwards! I'm very happy Ladd get's an A, I really really hope he has a great tournament - he absolutely deserves serious consideration for Sochi, he was one of the most underrated guys in the NHL this season.

Chris R

When do schedules come out for next year? I really want to take a trip to Denver to watch the Avs at some point next season. Everything seems to be going our way after the season ended :>

Marvie_3

Banned
IIHF World Championships start Saturday (for Team Canada anyway, I think tomorrow for some teams) and I'm pretty pumped. Our team may look a tiny bit thin on D and merely OK in goal, but the forwards.... hnnnnnnnnnn.

Code:
Matt Duchene	5'11				Colorado Avalanche
Jordan Eberle	5'11				Edmonton Oilers
Claude Giroux	5'11				Philadelphia Flyers
Taylor Hall	6'1				Edmonton Oilers
Andrew Ladd [A]	6'3				Winnipeg Jets
Ryan O'Reilly	6'0				Colorado Avalanche
Matt Read	5'10				Philadelphia Flyers
Wayne Simmonds	6'2				Philadelphia Flyers
Eric Staal [C]	6'4				Carolina Hurricanes
Jeff Skinner	5'11				Carolina Hurricanes
Jordan Staal	6'4				Carolina Hurricanes
Steven Stamkos	6'1				Tampa Bay Lightning
Stephane Robidas is the other assistant.

That's a quality group of forwards! I'm very happy Ladd get's an A, I really really hope he has a great tournament - he absolutely deserves serious consideration for Sochi, he was one of the most underrated guys in the NHL this season.
Can we have him back yet?

Top Bottom