• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Acid08

Banned
tumblr_mobjb4udI61qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

Var, Sammy, shadowkat, and I. Plus a bear with the fucking creepiest eyes ever in the back.

Solo

If you used this year's point totals, I believe the Eastern Conference playoffs would have been:

1) Penguins
2) Canadiens
3) Bruins
4) Maple Leafs
5) Capitals
6) Rangers
7) Red Wings
8) Senators

The Western Conference would have been unchanged except the Wild would have been 7th and, I believe, the Winnipeg Jets would have been 8th.

I cannot fucking wait to see a Habs/Red Wings playoff series.

Where do you live?

I currently live in Philly but I just bought a house in Vegas and will be moving there in July. Sucks that I was on the pre-order list at my gamestop in Philly and I figured they would just transfer my pre-order to Vegas once I figured out where I was living. But the guy told me there is no way that they can transfer pre-orders from one store to another. I had to scramble and find online pre-orders for everything. I hope that a store like walmart or target does walk in sales day one since I dont trust the online PS4 pre-orders to be delivered day one. Why did you ask where I live?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I currently live in Philly but I just bought a house in Vegas and will be moving there in July. Sucks that I was on the pre-order list at my gamestop in Philly and I figured they would just transfer my pre-order to Vegas once I figured out where I was living. But the guy told me there is no way that they can transfer pre-orders from one store to another. I had to scramble and find online pre-orders for everything. I hope that a store like walmart or target does walk in sales day one since I dont trust the online PS4 pre-orders to be delivered day one. Why did you ask where I live?

He just wanted to make sure you live in a country Microsoft™ has designated good enough to receive the brand new Xbox One™, the all-in-one entertainment device.

:p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I built mine on the side of the river where there were no villagers, believing the mayor should not live amongst his subjects. Within three days two more had moved in next to me.

There's no right spot. Home placement doesn't really matter in terms of efficiency (not imo). Go with your heart, TUSR.

I know that feel.

One house just popped up literally 3 square in front of mine, I am not pleased.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They should sign him this summer. Don't even let it go til next summer. Subban's power in negotiations is only going to increase from here.

I could imagine Subban showing up to the contract negotiations with his Norris trophy and setting it on the table.

imBask

Banned
I could imagine Subban showing up to the contract negotiations with his Norris trophy and setting it on the table.

and never saying anything, just touching the trophy

to be honest I don't care if we pay him 8M we payed Gomez that for years ffs... and without Kaberle we'll have enough cap space, just do it Bergevin

Curufinwe

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 5m
NEWS ALERT: #Pens have agreed to terms with forward Evgeni Malkin on an eight-year $76 million contract extension: http://pens.pe/12pwjMb

Jesus Christ. $9.5M cap hit.

That is slightly below market value and Pens fans should be grateful Malkin gave them a hometown discount. Don't forget that Corey Perry's cap hit is $8.625 million.

Var

From reading TSN today, I fell asleep about three minutes before CHI won the game.
:-(
I have oranges now, if anyone needs some later. I need peaches and pears.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
And thanks to Marvie I realize I'm an idiot (you guys are free to run with this) and haven't posted my friend code here in NHL-GAF:

4313-0419-9714

Add me and come see the magnificence that is the town of Kessel!

Alucard

Banned
Malkin locked up for 8 years? I'll take it. 9.5 million with the cap going up at the end of next season? I'll take that too.

Pens now need to lock up Dupuis. And Letang, if they can afford him. Wouldn't be that surprised with a Letang trade within the next year tbh.

Let's go Pens.

Alucard

Banned
They only have about $3M in cap space next year. No help coming for that D Corps.

Despres will likely be coming up, and then they've got Pouliot and Maata waiting in the wings as well. The Pens' situation isn't as dire as it seems.

Fei

Despres will likely be coming up, and then they've got Pouliot and Maata waiting in the wings as well. The Pens' situation isn't as dire as it seems.

That defense as a unit is terrible. The Penguins should be contending for a Cup every year with Malkin and Crosby in their prime, but they can't because of that blue line. I think you're expecting too much of rookies if you think that will change it.

And then there's Fleury..

Alucard

Banned
Except the whole goaltending part of it.

Expect a Paul Martin-esque comeback season from Fleury in 2013-2014!

I think the Pens may have to trade Letang. Word on the blogosphere is that he wants 5-8 years, no trade or movement clause, and 7-8 million a year. Way too much for a guy who coughs up the puck as much as he does. Pens could probably get a couple of solid replacement pieces for that kind of cash.

Top Bottom