• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Acid08

Banned
How do I water plants? I looked for a water can or some item in the stores but I couldn't find anything.

PS4 for me. I just built a PC so I'm set.

Talk to your assistant and ask her for advice. Keep doing this until you get the fishing rod and watering can.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Okay, with all the console launch stuff lately, I want to make a list of what system everyone's planning on buying. Considering a lot of us play NHL together and likely want to play other games, it'd be nice to know where everyone's leaning towards their console purchases.

Already have a PS4 preordered.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll get both, but I'll get which ever one plays Destiny / The Division the best as my first, and wait a couple years to grab the other one. 343 lost me a bit with the last Halo so I'm not in any rush for X1.

Solo

I should have mentioned that I won't be getting my PS4 at launch. That is a fool's errand to me. There won't be any games for a while. If it does hit November/December 2013, then I'll probably get mine in like September-October 2014.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yea true, I mostly play the NHL games anyways and there won't be a next gen version until next year.

I'll be getting Destiny&TitanFall (and Mirror's Edge 2 I presume?) on PC anyways. Consoles would be for either Halo (which isn't coming until like... 2015) and Forza (think might be a launch title? I don't actually know) or... whatever Sony has to offer in terms of exclusives, but I haven't heard of any 2013 ones yet. So I can easily afford to wait until 2014 with buying a console, once all the mistakes have been fixed.

Laptop bro's 4 life! Or at least until they become horribly outdated.

My Asus gaming laptop can be upgraded. :p It has removable GPU/CPU/RAM compartments! So I can upgrade it if need be.

cube444

I liked Sliders up until they started swapping out cast members. I bought the first three seasons on DVD for like 15 bucks a couple years ago during a Target sale.

So do the penguins fire Bylsma today? I read that Malkin and Crosby supposedly came out in favor of him returning in their exit interviews.

Club Med in Pittsburgh with Bylsma being buddies with the boys and knocking back pints after the game. Shero is an idiot. I'd love to see a Fleury extension too in the coming weeks.

cube444

I keep hearing people blaming the Penguins for not scoring, but haven't heard many actually give credit to the Bruins for actually shutting them down.

Again, though, they just made the Conference Finals.

They beat the 7th place and Sen and 8th place Isles.

Big fucking deal.

RC

Banned
I'll be getting Destiny&TitanFall (and Mirror's Edge 2 I presume?) on PC anyways. Consoles would be for either Halo (which isn't coming until like... 2015) and Forza (think might be a launch title? I don't actually know) or... whatever Sony has to offer in terms of exclusives, but I haven't heard of any 2013 ones yet. So I can easily afford to wait until 2014 with buying a console, once all the mistakes have been fixed.

My Asus gaming laptop can be upgraded. :p It has removable GPU/CPU/RAM compartments! So I can upgrade it if need be.

Hold on a second, you have a G74 right?

Socreges

Banned
PS4 + Wii U.

Both tentative and depending on price drops. Due for a new PC, too, but I won't be spending an extra $800 so it can play the same multi-platform games that the PS4 can but with more detailed grass.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
PS4 + Wii U.

Both tentative and depending on price drops. Due for a new PC, too, but I won't be spending an extra $800 so it can play the same multi-platform games that the PS4 can but with more detailed grass.
Detailed grass isn't worth $800 to you? You haven't lived man.

Smiley90

So the CPU and GPU are not soldered onto to the motherboard? I need to open this thing up and find it out myself.

I haven't opened it yet, but I thought they were... googling it myself right now though and I'm being let down. :(

Smiley90

Sold all the fruit I had planted on Saturday for around 40k Bells. Feels good.

I planted 2 of the 3 perfect pears I got, too. Keeping one for trading!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 camp here. Just bummed it's still only June.

Does anyone have a link to how the conferences are going to look and work next season?

Code:
Western Conference
Division A	                  Division B
Anaheim Ducks	          Chicago Blackhawks
Calgary Flames	          Colorado Avalanche
Edmonton Oilers	          Dallas Stars
Los Angeles Kings	  Minnesota Wild
Phoenix Coyotes	          Nashville Predators
San Jose Sharks   	  St. Louis Blues
Vancouver Canucks	  Winnipeg Jets

Eastern Conference
Division C	                  Division D
Boston Bruins	          Carolina Hurricanes
Buffalo Sabres	          Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red Wings	  New Jersey Devils
Florida Panthers	  New York Islanders
Montreal Canadiens	  New York Rangers
Ottawa Senators	          Philadelphia Flyers
Tampa Bay Lightning	  Pittsburgh Penguins
Toronto Maple Leafs	  Washington Capitals

Top three teams in each division automatically advance to the playoffs, then the next two best teams in the conference take the 7 and 8 spot (so you could have 5 Division A teams and only 3 Division B team, for example). Division winners take the 1 and 2 spots.

If you used this year's point totals, I believe the Eastern Conference playoffs would have been:

1) Penguins
2) Canadiens
3) Bruins
4) Maple Leafs
5) Capitals
6) Rangers
7) Red Wings
8) Senators

The Western Conference would have been unchanged except the Wild would have been 7th and, I believe, the Winnipeg Jets would have been 8th.

Alucard

Banned
I'm in the "I give up on keeping up with console gaming" camp. Don't have the excitement for the hobby I once did, and I'm content replaying old favourites and spending time on the DS and 3DS when I can muster up the enthusiasm to play a video game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, almost forgot, the playoffs work differently next year too.

In round one, the two division winners play the two wild card teams (1 plays 8, 2 plays 7). For the other series, though, the second and third team from each division play each other.

So even though these would have been the standings:

1) Penguins
2) Canadiens
3) Bruins
4) Maple Leafs
5) Capitals
6) Rangers
7) Red Wings
8) Senators

The actual round 1 series would be:

Penguins vs. Senators
Canadiens vs. Red Wings
Bruins vs. Maple Leafs
Capitals vs. Rangers

Samyy

I'm in the "I give up on keeping up with console gaming" camp. Don't have the excitement for the hobby I once did, and I'm content replaying old favourites and spending time on the DS and 3DS when I can muster up the enthusiasm to play a video game.

I feel like Animal Crossing would be a good fit!

Montresor

Yes Alucard... if you're in the 3DS camp, do yourself a favour and play AC New Leaf. It's such an incredible experience. I have the day off from work today and I've been meaning to play some 360 and catch up on achievements... but instead I've done almost nothing but AC New Leaf today... catching fish to pay off tom Nook before he breaks my legs.

Would have been so much easier to just have Detroit and Columbus flip a coin and loser stays in the west. The Tampa/Florida situation is so idiotic it almost had to have started out as a joke.

Alucard

Banned
Yes Alucard... if you're in the 3DS camp, do yourself a favour and play AC New Leaf. It's such an incredible experience. I have the day off from work today and I've been meaning to play some 360 and catch up on achievements... but instead I've done almost nothing but AC New Leaf today... catching fish to pay off tom Nook before he breaks my legs.

Sounds awesome if you get home earlier than 530 and don't have a wife and 11-month-old!

Seriously, life is good. Sometimes wish I had more time for gaming, but watching my daughter grow up is just something I can't miss.

Samyy

Sounds awesome if you get home earlier than 530 and don't have a wife and 11-month-old!

Seriously, life is good. Sometimes wish I had more time for gaming, but watching my daughter grow up is just something I can't miss.

The one thing I look forward to about getting older is kids
Im only 20 though so thats a long ways away

Top Bottom