• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."

So... We could form an NHL-GAF Xbone circle and for games we don't want to play at the same time/with each other, we only need to buy one copy of? I can "lend" my games to anyone on the planet?

Or I can form a family with my friends in Europe who are virtually never on at the same time as me and I can use all their games and they can use all mine?

That's actually a pretty damn amazing feature. Not having to physically lend/borrow games has its upside. DRM had to have SOME upside... Here we go?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The green color is odd and it seems like its missing a color (gold). Logo is a little boring.

I guess its an improvement but it seems like they could have done more with it.

Yeah I haven't been a fan of the "new age" jerseys of the past 10 years, and much prefer classic designs, but the Stars and Canes new jerseys are pretty boring. Lightning did the same thing, went for a simple, clean look, but basically no originality.

Hate the logo myself.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think the new Stars jerseys are better than what they had.

Flyers have had Orange and Black forever, while the style changed every so often, if they straight up changed the colors, it would be terrible. :p

Heretic

That Twitter account also said Xbox One wouldn't have DRM.

But not Phil and the other guy. Plus it's on Xbox.com

This, even if it's only for two people is an amazing feature. I have to buy two copies of the same game all the time cause my girlfriend wants to play the same games that I do. With this, I only need to buy one copy.

Mii

Banned
#TeamPS4

PS+ Free Games are top quality
PS+ benefits for PS4 and Vita
$100 saved
Better Hardware
Sony First Party
No forced Kinect
Games will work 15 years from now
Xbone 'exclusive' games will typically also end up on PC

And hopefully Gaikai is solid.

I'm not that troubled by lack of used games as I'm perfectly fine with the Steam model. I have more faith in Steam and its community offering downloads and support far into the future, though.

But not Phil and the other guy. Plus it's on Xbox.com

This, even if it's only for two people is an amazing feature. I have two buy two copies of the same game all the time cause my girlfriend wants to play the same games that I do. With this, I only need to buy one copy.

If you wait for the games to go up on the marketplace then you only have to buy 1 copy. You are already allowed to share digital games with 1 other person. It is awesome that with the move to all digital they are extending that to all XB1 games.

TUSR

Banned
Sorry for ditching Soc, had to show my parents house off to a few families while they're out of town.

How did NHL-GAF island go?

Smiley90

Home now... Apparently I'll be able to go to the Island starting tomorrow? yay!

Also, a new store is under construction in my storefront. No idea what it is.

#TeamPS4

PS+ Free Games are top quality
PS+ benefits for PS4 and Vita
$100 saved
Better Hardware
Sony First Party
No forced Kinect
Games will work 15 years from now
Xbone 'exclusive' games will typically also end up on PC

And hopefully Gaikai is solid.

I'm not that troubled by lack of used games as I'm perfectly fine with the Steam model. I have more faith in Steam and its community offering downloads and support far into the future, though.

So just anything from Naughty Dog then right? :p

Mii

Banned
As for the 10 people sharing on XBone, I would imagine that there are going to be some limits. Wouldn't this do more damage to the single player game market than used games would? I can't imagine the average used game passes through 10 hands, or that the average friend circle passes a physical copy around 10 times. It takes time to pass a single physical copy of a game around to 10 people, but digital access would mean any of your friend circle could access at any given moment (as long as no one else is playing). Does this not defeat the goal of putting more cash in the developers' pockets? (I actually like the Steam model and what it means for developers)

Also, what happened to Sony's original PSN policy where they allowed sharing of games but then rolled back the feature? I would imagine publishers will be given the option to limit the use of this feature. Wasn't that the case with the PSN game sharing?

Smiley90

As for the 10 people sharing on XBone, I would imagine that there are going to be some limits. Wouldn't this do more damage to the single player game market than used games would? I can't imagine the average used game passes through 10 hands, or that the average friend circle passes a physical copy around 10 times. It takes time to pass a single physical copy of a game around to 10 people, but digital access would mean any of your friend circle could access at any given moment (as long as no one else is playing). Does this not defeat the goal of putting more cash in the developers' pockets? (I actually like the Steam model and what it means for developers)

Also, what happened to Sony's original PSN policy where they allowed sharing of games but then rolled back the feature? I would imagine publishers will be given the option to limit the use of this feature. Wasn't that the case with the PSN game sharing?

I'm confused. DRM gets announced, isn't customer-friendly, complaints about being anti-customers. Product sharing is mentioned, is pro-customer, gets criticized for being anti-developers?

I'm confused. DRM gets announced, isn't customer-friendly, complaints about being anti-customers. Product sharing is mentioned, is pro-customer, gets criticized for being anti-developers?

S4926G2.gif

Samyy

I think the xbox will still be pretty successful.
Im happy 100% of my friends are getting a ps4 though.

I wouldn't think to call it a sinking ship as it stands, online sentiment does not necessarily give and indication to the level of sales we can expect.

As it stands with consumers generally being oblivious as they are, price is a much bigger factor working against the xbox then always online or DRM. Also these rumours of "GS" shortages which IMO probably will be resolved to an extent as we move towards launch dates.

Though I anticipate this gen should be much better for Sony as they developed strong studios, came in at a reasonable price and has had a good PR campaign thus far. People seem to forget the companies split the sales this gen so people still really like Sony even after 600 dollars, lack of games and that whole PR fiasco they had.

Smiley90

VANCOUVER-GAF. TODAY'S A SPECIAL DAY. I AM AT YOUR FAIR CITY.

Quick has come...

To fuck bitches.

stopover

You heading to Solo's annual Hawaii-retreat?

I totally forgot who went to Hawaii, was that even Solo?

Preordered 9 games today ;_; Might cancel AC4 though, should've gotten Watch Dogs instead. GT6, Killzone, and Battlefield should keep me busy enough for launch period though.

It would be pretty cool if, with kinect, we could play goalie in first person mode.

Lol that would actually be sick. Oculus Rift + motion controls to play as a goalie holy fuck.

Del Zotto's surgery was for a sports hernia, recovery time of 4 weeks. I think he had the same thing in 2011 too.

I have a feeling we're going to get off to a shitty start next year. Bunch of guys either missing the start of the season or missing training camp or getting a late start on offseason training, not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if we're scheduled with a long run on the road to start the season like we were supposed to have this year due to the MSG renovation.

The rest of the MSG renovation is non-invasive.

Smiley90

FINALLY CAUGHT A SHARK YES YES YES YES YES

Now whether to sell it or give it to the museum.

Be a man. Do the right thing.

Give the first one to the museum, then sell every next one. I've donated my hammheard & saw sharks, those are the only ones I've caught so far

I don't even consider the first animal of any type I catch to be retail material. Goes straight to the museum. I'm hoping I get my permit tomorrow so I can start flexing my mayoral muscle and whip this shithole into a proper communist society.
Is there any value in wandering around super late? I'm assuming there are some unique catchable buggers.

Acid08

Banned
Be a man. Do the right thing.

Give the first one to the museum, then sell every next one. I've donated my hammheard & saw sharks, those are the only ones I've caught so far

sigh I went and donated it. Almost have enough to pay off the second loan now. This Nook piece of shit keeping me down financially. Not to mention this fucking bridge I need 120k to build.

Gonna send Bertha a letter with a boot attached, take that asshole.

Top Bottom