• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
FINALLY CAUGHT A SHARK YES YES YES YES YES

Now whether to sell it or give it to the museum.
I wanted this for you more than anything.

Actually before I was hoping to catch one so I could go and hang it in front of your face. Haven't used the Show Off feature to great effect yet.

Socreges

Banned
Socreges's town is great. Nucks flag, Nucks jersey, and flowers everywhere in the plaza.
Credit to Marvie on all those. He gave me the Canucks design and also tipped me about being able to move flowers (easier to water if they're in one spot).

Sorry for ditching Soc, had to show my parents house off to a few families while they're out of town.

How did NHL-GAF island go?
Lots of cursing. I'll post pics in a bit (hyperlinked)

Be a man. Do the right thing.

Give the first one to the museum, then sell every next one. I've donated my hammheard & saw sharks, those are the only ones I've caught so far
I went and sold my first and only whale shark instead of donating it. I needed the money. Bad. Tom Nook doesn't fuck around.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We can't make these jokes anymore.

I know. There's an adjustment period.

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM

Game of the generation

image.php

Acid08

Banned
Caught two more sharks after that first one. One hammerhead and one of the same as before(regular shark). Once I got that first one it was like a mental block vanished.

Marvie_3

Banned
tumblr_modd62eXPk1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

LOOK AT ME IN FIRST PLACE SO GOOD

I came in last the previous two games.

We had to wait almost an hour for you to finish the scavenger hunt.

Scav hunts would probably be faster if we just picked up all the items and threw them all in the middle by Tortimer. Then picked up what you needed. :lol

Acid08

Banned
We had to wait almost an hour for you to finish the scavenger hunt.

Scav hunts would probably be faster if we just picked up all the items and threw them all in the middle by Tortimer. Then picked up what you needed. :lol
That house on the far left was bullshit! Had to run all the way over there for a fucking bookcase.

Does he have his retirement home in Australia or what?

No he's here for that USA vs Canada tour thingy, which is happening tonight.

I told him he was the best part of the Ducks and Wings series, because being a Ducks fan we nearly had twice as many opportunities when he was on.

He laughed and said "Yeah but look who came out the other side of that round in the end".

The table laughed.

Socreges

Banned

I told him he was the best part of the Ducks and Wings series, because being a Ducks fan we nearly had twice as many opportunities when he was on.

He laughed and said "Yeah but look who came out the other side of that round in the end".

The table laughed.
Can't help but picture two of those people turning to each other between generous laughs, "Oh that Quincey. He truly is the worst."

The table laughed.

Oh Dastardly. Quincey picked it up in the playoffs, it was mostly Smith who struggled. But cool story none the less.

You heading to Solo's annual Hawaii-retreat?

I totally forgot who went to Hawaii, was that even Solo?

I was the one who went to Hawaii :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
FINALLY CAUGHT A SHARK YES YES YES YES YES

Now whether to sell it or give it to the museum.

I think karma has been paying off for me. I've been donating everything to the museum and have been thankfully getting another of the same fish usually within the same day.

Last night before my internet cut out I caught about 3 saw sharks and a few regular sharks. It then rained in my town so I got that coelcanth or however it's spelt.

I hope my internet is back up tonight so I can go visit some of you bums.

Mii

Banned
The Last Of Us has a save glitch, be warned.

Gonna wait until shit is fixed until I pick it up now :/

Apparently if you turn off auto save everything is fine. I typically disable auto-save anyhow.

Also (from the thread on the glitch):

Apparently, the game does save even with this bug. I found a site where the people were saying that the time stamps were all screwed up. If you go to "Load Game" instead of "Continue", you'll be able to find and select the correct save point.

So shouldn't be an issue. The glitch happened because of a new patch out today.

Marvie_3

Banned
No reports yet that the game comes to a crawl 20 hours in.

Launch-day patches are such an awful idea. Why can't we go back to the N64 days and rely on high amounts of QA.

Why pay a bunch of testers when the people that buy the game are paying you for the opportunity to do it?

That TLOU bug would have been noticed during the final testing phase, and they decided that it was better to simply issue a fix after release.

Mii

Banned
That TLOU bug would have been noticed during the final testing phase, and they decided that it was better to simply issue a fix after release.

The error came with the launch day patch though. I'd consider that far more irresponsible than going gold and finding a glitch afterward. The last weeks should be 100% QA and yet this was somehow missed in their launch day patch? How does something get fucked up that bad?

Its not like this patch was necessary for the reviewers to give this game 10/10. Clearly it could have waited.

EDIT: Hm seems like people are switching to say it wasn't caused by the patch. How on earth do reviewers miss this?

How is Last of Us ? I loved Uncharted but still haven't gotten around to playing #2 and #3. I dared venture into Gaming and now I'm even more confused on the game due to the circle-jerk over the bug.

on earth do reviewers miss this?

Reviews have always glossed over bugs as far back as I remember.

Top Bottom