• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Rangers lines tonight are:

Benoit Pouliot, Derick Brassard, Rick Nash
Taylor Pyatt, Brad Richards, Mats Zuccarello
Darroll Powe, Dominic Moore, Jesper Fast
JT Miller, Brian Boyle, Derek Dorsett

At least that's what they're rolling in practice. Some interesting combos there.

D pairings are:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
J.Moore-Stralman

So that's the real honest-to-god defense. Will be nice to see that for a change.

Stasis

Apparently it's actually 6.15m.

Cap hit of $3.075m.

Stepan is apparently going to join the team after they return from Las Vegas on Sunday.

Great deal, as expected.

Shame he won't be making it for Vegas.

Edit: And I like the look of those lines. Still feeling the lack of Step, Cally, and Hags obviously but Pouliot, Brassard and Nash is interesting, as is throwing Zucc with Richards, though I'd prefer to see Miller get a shot at that 2nd LW.

Kind of hoping Torts tries Shinkaruk with the Sedins. My best hope/guess for the lineup though:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Horvat-Shinkaruk
Santorelli-Richardson-Gaunce

Horvat&Shinkaruk have chemistry from Juniors you'd hope/think. Alternatively, switch Hansen and Shinkaruk.

Hard to believe that we have 4 rookies all with a decent shot at making the team, wow. (The 3 forwards and Corrado)

There's still Weise and Kassian, but that lineup doesn't excite me at all. Unless Gillis trades for some better bottom-six, Kesler plays like old Kesler, and one of the rookies puts in a Calder-worthy season, this team isn't making it out of the first round.

Luongo also has to be really good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Franson gonna win dat Norris.

Reverse of last night, with Ottawa throwing out their rookie lineup against Habs opening day roster. Hopefully they can bury Anderson.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Great deal, as expected.

Shame he won't be making it for Vegas.

Edit: And I like the look of those lines. Still feeling the lack of Step, Cally, and Hags obviously but Pouliot, Brassard and Nash is interesting, as is throwing Zucc with Richards, though I'd prefer to see Miller get a shot at that 2nd LW.

Yeah, swapping Miller and Pyatt would make a lot more sense to me. AV seems to really like Pyatt a lot.

I hope Nash gels on that Brass line. If they have chemistry, that line could be ridiculous. I could easily see the lines around November being:

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Nash
Miller/Kreider-Richards-Zuccarello
Pyatt/Powe-Moore-Boyle/Dorsett

with Fast, Hrivik, Lindberg, and maybe Kristo as the top callups from Hartford to fill in spots.

I'm guessing Asham is going to get waived in the end. Stepan's contract puts them just slightly over the cap once Hagelin comes off LTIR as things currently stand.

Cactus

Banned
It's funny how Pension Plan Puppets is pretty much the antithesis of the other major Leafs blog, Maple Leafs Hot Stove. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, since the posters on these two websites gravitate towards opposing extremes, but I tend to agree with the PPP guys a little bit more. They're reactionary, hive-minded and unwilling to recognize whatever they deem to be unquantifiable, but their conclusions are usually within reason.

Meanwhile, the denizens of the MLHS comment section believe that Orr and McClaren are more important to the Leafs than Gunnarsson and Kulemin.

Red_Man

It's not just about possession with the Leafs, a lot of their players last year had ridiculous shooting percentages like Kadri, and Reimer played at a rate that he probably isn't capable of maintaining, especially his save % on the PK. Not to say the they'll regress and be shit, but if anyone expects them to play at that rate over 82 games this year, then they'll be in for a surprise.

Heretic

carlton-dance-o.gif

This got me to look up the Ducks owner:

Henry Samueli
Net Worth $1.7 B As of September 2013

Dancing with ya!
carlton-dance-o.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1m

Alain Vigneault says he will speak with @DerekStepan21 this afternoon and expects him on the ice for practice on Sunday

Silexx

Ian Mendes is supposedly leaving Sportsnet in order to join the local Ottawa sports radio (Team1200).

I am totally OK with this.

Cactus

Banned
It's not just about possession with the Leafs, a lot of their players last year had ridiculous shooting percentages like Kadri, and Reimer played at a rate that he probably isn't capable of maintaining, especially his save % on the PK. Not to say the they'll regress and be shit, but if anyone expects them to play at that rate over 82 games this year, then they'll be in for a surprise.

You're right, but it should be noted that Kadri really didn't shoot much last season, at least compared to the other top-6 forwards on the Leafs. It's more than lkely that the number of shots he takes will go up this season, so he should still score consistently, even though his YOY shooting % will surely drop.

Red_Man

You're right, but it should be noted that Kadri really didn't shoot much last season, at least compared to the other top-6 forwards on the Leafs. It's more than lkely that the number of shots he takes will go up this season, so he should still score consistently, even though his YOY shooting % will surely drop.
The biggest boost they'll have is having Bernier in tandem with Reimer, if either slumps they can switch to the other. It'll be interesting to see who is getting the most starts come trade deadline time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's still Weise and Kassian, but that lineup doesn't excite me at all. Unless Gillis trades for some better bottom-six, Kesler plays like old Kesler, and one of the rookies puts in a Calder-worthy season, this team isn't making it out of the first round.

Luongo also has to be really good.

Safer option would probably be to substitute Weise for one of the rookies. And Kassian is out for the first 5, and I was talking about the starting lineup. I hope the rookies get a short regular tryout.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Horvat and Shinkaruk in tonight, awwww yiss. Wonder if this means that Gaunce isn't. Hope he didn't get scratched in favour of Sestito, because fuck Sestito.

No Garrison, but Corrado probably means that Weber is playing. Just hopefully not Alberts.

cube444

You disappoint me young one. Giving credit to someone who fawns over "Tiger Beat" pics of Drake?

Step your game up kid.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I've been thinking about buying this for awhile, I think I'll finally go do that.

I'll give the other side: it's boring. It's unforgiving. It's clunky. I felt like I wasted my money.

Looks like Rangers lines tonight are:

Benoit Pouliot, Derick Brassard, Rick Nash
Taylor Pyatt, Brad Richards, Mats Zuccarello
Darroll Powe, Dominic Moore, Jesper Fast
JT Miller, Brian Boyle, Derek Dorsett

At least that's what they're rolling in practice. Some interesting combos there.

D pairings are:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
J.Moore-Stralman

So that's the real honest-to-god defense. Will be nice to see that for a change.

Pyatt needs to get the fuck off that 2nd line and either 4th or press box. Fuck that guy. Not sure why JT is rocking 4th line duties here over Powe but whatever. Preseason.

Red_Man

LeBrun said on Habs radio about an hour ago that Fraser might be sent down to make room

@hfialkov: Tallon said Clemmensen will rehab in SA but then battle Markstrom for the backup. #FlaPanthers

COME ONE, COME ALL. GET YOUR FREE BACKUP !

Really though previous ownership would not have eaten Clemmer's salary in the AHL.

jaybeeze

Horvat and Shinkaruk in tonight, awwww yiss. Wonder if this means that Gaunce isn't. Hope he didn't get scratched in favour of Sestito, because fuck Sestito.

No Garrison, but Corrado probably means that Weber is playing. Just hopefully not Alberts.

Don't think Gaunce is playing tonight. He wasn't practicing with main group.

Hopefully Hunter and Booth end up on a line together, just for the irony.

Top Bottom