• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
tumblr_inline_ms7qsbF8Jf1qz4rgp.jpg

LOL. Now watch Canada's jerseys being the only good ones? This was Canada's plan all along...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
From the CBOAT thread:

"You will have the ability to buy pre-owned digital versions of games through the online marketplace."

what? What in the name of god are pre-owned digital games? "yeah man, the code got old so we can't sell it anymore"

On the bright side, marketplace to re-sell digital games is pretty damn great news.

I sure wish for a dual launch though. It'll be glorious. Feel like MS might launch on the 22nd, though.

Might have a future Getzlaf.. on our hands:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/178202196-derek-stefan-poses-after-being-named-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYb99lSZ9zAHDQVCTRNTnYG%2bP0bw28NCYFRECQ6qc2T5ok7SZ0EwHjKPXd1tNt4n4w%3d%3d[/QUOTE]

That would be Schwartz. Acid gets the one with hair.

[quote="Smiley90, post: 78676453"]
Or the full Brown picture, with the weirdo thumbs up :lolol

[img]http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xM771xZB9ZzAQ2At_tcllQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/178202351.jpg

Wots taters precious

calder

Those USA sweaters jerseys are.. OK I guess. They'd even be good if not for that tragic faux lace thing and the reflective stars, who the fuck does that still. That's stuff you'd see the Moose add to their AHL kit in 2007.

buffusaucaaz.png

"I *almost* can pull this off."

bogousavixk3.png

Bogo isn't buying whatever they're selling in this orientation session. I like to imagine he was told he'd be bunking with PKANE in Sochi.

calder

I bet he lost that tooth trying to eat a bag of unpopped popcorn.

Come on Marvie, it's summer, you're out on Lake Minnetonka with your buddies, you've all been drunk for 2 days straight, all the actual food ran out yesterday and everyone is eating raw fish and drinking warm beer wondering if there's any adderall left... those last popcorn kernels at the bottom of the bag are going to start looking pretty damn good. Don't judge.

Samyy

From the CBOAT thread:

"You will have the ability to buy pre-owned digital versions of games through the online marketplace."

what? What in the name of god are pre-owned digital games? "yeah man, the code got old so we can't sell it anymore"

On the bright side, marketplace to re-sell digital games is pretty damn great news.

I sure wish for a dual launch though. It'll be glorious. Feel like MS might launch on the 22nd, though.

Yea I re-read his post and it seems like the customer service people are coming in on the 15th so they'll need to be trained, 22nd seems like the right date.

Steam also had something about re-selling digital games in its database, I guess its good they are investigating something like this.

Yea I re-read his post and it seems like the customer service people are coming in on the 15th so they'll need to be trained, 22nd seems like the right date.

Steam also had something about re-selling digital games in its database, I guess its good they are investigating something like this.
Unless "pre owned digital games" are akin games without online passes, I'm interested to see what they mean.

Also 2DS?!? Thought it was a joke then I saw it. WTF it is hideous.

Pack that shit in with Pokemon for 149.99 and its gonna be a monster.
I would never buy it though, pretty damn ugly and uncomfortable looking.

Here's what I don't understand, people are saying it's for kids because the lack of a hinge makes it more durable. Sure, ok. But what about the fact that the screens will now be exposed 100% of the time? And for adults who buy it will it not be a huge fucking hassle to travel with, constantly worried about the screens being scratched up? I just don't get the big picture here. Redesign the fucker with 2d and a clamshell design, that'd make sense. This.. I don't know what the fuck this is.

Samyy

Here's what I don't understand, people are saying it's for kids because the lack of a hinge makes it more durable. Sure, ok. But what about the fact that the screens will now be exposed 100% of the time? And for adults who buy it will it not be a huge fucking hassle to travel with, constantly worried about the screens being scratched up? I just don't get the big picture here. Redesign the fucker with 2d and a clamshell design, that'd make sense. This.. I don't know what the fuck this is.

Nintendo logic:
"Kids have been growing up playing with tablets soooooo lets make it a tablet shape to make it more appealing!"

Thats what I think anyway. This could also be an experimental product to guage the effectiveness of a tablet shaped console. Maybe the next handheld will be pretty much a tablet with buttons. Feel like the VITA does that pretty well already though, just without the shape.

Cake Boss

Banned
I just dont get that 2DS thing, it looks like you cant even fit it in your pocket because it doesnt flip. But isnt that the whole point of portable gaming, actually being portable?

calder

If I posted every time I wanted to say "I don't understand why Nintendo _____" I'd have my own subforum. And it would be pretty shitty tbh. :\

But really, that 2DS looks odd. When I see someone holding a 3DS it's never open flat, it seems like it would be less comfortable to have the screens perfectly aligned. And announcing a price drop a month ahead of time? Who does that? There's a reasons MS or Sony say "we have no plans for a price drop at this time" until the very day they announce the price drop effective tomorrow.

Quick

Banned
I just dont get that 2DS thing, it looks like you cant even fit it in your pocket because it doesnt flip. But isnt that the whole point of portable gaming, actually being portable?

You could put it in your bag, too.

I think the weird part is not having anything to cover those screen with, unless I'm missing something.

The 2DS is built for kids who drop shit all the time and get their eyes fucked up by 3D. The thing is probably built like a tank.

Nintendo needed that demographic 100% onboard for Pokemon.

Just get and XL if you're older then 10

Top Bottom