• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only thing I've seen that I want so far in the sale is the $2 discount on Goat Simulator.

As for the NHL, nothing is worse than homer fans who can't ever admit their team does something wrong. Mlive has a small group of people who are adamant that Holland is the best GM in the league by far. I saw someone even say that the Tatar/Nyquist for Bouwmeester offer was "really an indication that Holland has a willingness to get things done." Those are the absolute worst fans.

Giggzy

I would have preferred he retired rather than Murray saying we aren't offering him a contract :'(

Same, but we need to start looking forward eventually. I'm sad, but not upset.

We're going to have some good wiggle room regarding our salary cap, so hopefully we can make quality signings. Come to me kesler

Calamari41

41 > 38
I would have preferred he retired rather than Murray saying we aren't offering him a contract :'(

I would imagine that it came up in talks behind closed doors, and he said he wasn't ready to retire yet. Very sad, for sure.

My one condition to maintain happiness during the off-season shuffling is that we keep Smith-Pelly. I think he has a really bright future and would hate to see him go as part of some deal, as has been bandied about lately.

Im so glad I got the Alan Wake games for cheap from Humble Bundles before I wasted money with Steam purchases.

That AW humble bundle was awesome, bought it even though I owned the games for PC already just to support Remedy. <3 AW and Remedy

The only thing I've seen that I want so far in the sale is the $2 discount on Goat Simulator.

As for the NHL, nothing is worse than homer fans who can't ever admit their team does something wrong. Mlive has a small group of people who are adamant that Holland is the best GM in the league by far. I saw someone even say that the Tatar/Nyquist for Bouwmeester offer was "really an indication that Holland has a willingness to get things done." Those are the absolute worst fans.

Yeah, he would have got things done to ruin our future!

Apparently Florida wants Tanev and the 6th overall for the 1st overall? If true, seems like a pretty good deal for the Canucks. Tanev is great, but there's little money or room for him if no other D-man gets dealt.

Reinhart could end up as a replacement for Kesler/Henrik down the road.

This is nothing.

The vast majority of Leafs fans think that everything is rosy with the team and that the problem is just with one or two players letting everyone down. A few guys even here have made this argument. It's quite depressing if you think about it, because at least these Holland fans have recent successes they can use as justification.

Joe Sakic: "We're hopeful we can sign Stastny.....but if he chooses to go to (FA), that's his right"
Sakic: "We're still trying to sign Ryan. He's part of our core"
Sakic: "Our ownership is very committed to this team...the (salary) structure is big to us"
Sakic says serious talks with Stastny will start next week
Sakic: "Our intention is to have Ryan a Colorado Avalanche for a long time"
Sakic on O'Reily talks: "We just have a different point of view on where the starting point is"
Sakic: "His agent, Pat, seems to think he signed a one-year, $6.5 million deal and forgot about the $3.5 million first year"

Welp, Stastny is gone if he wants more money. They don't seem to have interest in bargaining with him. O'Reilly gonna get what he's asking for most likely after another team offer sheets him and we claim it. Again.

And so the cycle shall repeat.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is nothing.

The vast majority of Leafs fans think that everything is rosy with the team and that the problem is just with one or two players letting everyone down. A few guys even here have made this argument. It's quite depressing if you think about it, because at least these Holland fans have recent successes they can use as justification.
Looks like that half season playoff run may have done more harm than good to the Leafs.

TUSR

Banned
Apparently Florida wants Tanev and the 6th overall for the 1st overall? If true, seems like a pretty good deal for the Canucks. Tanev is great, but there's little money or room for him if no other D-man gets dealt.

Thats quite the steep deal, Tanev is only 24 and could be a good anchor on the point if we truly are rebuilding and going younger and faster.

yyzjohn

Banned
This is nothing.

The vast majority of Leafs fans think that everything is rosy with the team and that the problem is just with one or two players letting everyone down

This is 100% not true. Most Leafs fans I know are pissed with the team. Not sure where you're getting the "majority of Leafs fans think that everything is rosy" crap.

Samyy

This is 100% not true. Most Leafs fans I know are pissed with the team. Not sure where you're getting the "majority of Leafs fans think that everything is rosy" crap.

Well the majority of vocal Leaf fans on twitter definitely believe Kadri/Gardiner suck and Clarkson is a god so its not unfathomable to see why peoplemight believe most Leaf fans are idiots.

ShaneB

lego-movie-mask.jpg

That is amazing. I call dibs on the avatar when there's a clean shot of it in the future.

This is awesome, and the Lego Movie is awesome as was mentioned. I should watch it again asap.

btw, for anyone that didn't realize it, but hockeystreams is also showing the soccer world cup.

of course CBC streams as well, but hockeystreams will likely have higher quality and less delay. Just saying. :p

You shill. That reminds though, I keep meaning to send them an email wondering if they are planning on maybe doing a NFL package or something with the magic powers they have.

Also, hockey related news, say that the NHL is planning on scaling back on the Outdoor games, thank goodness.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well the majority of vocal Leaf fans on twitter definitely believe Kadri/Gardiner suck and Clarkson is a god so its not unfathomable to see why peoplemight believe most Leaf fans are idiots.
Doesn't help when Don Cherry is essentially the team's spokesman.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

:/

Not sure how I feel about this :/ Tanev is amazing. :(

I have a feeling this will be a more interesting offseason than usual with a lot of teams failing to meet expectations and the last time to use buyouts.

yyzjohn

Banned

I don't go by random internet people who could be fans of any team, I judge by my circle of friends/family who are all Leafs fans and pissed off.

I'm gonna miss Koivu, Winnik and Hiller.

I was hoping he'd retire as a Duck. If no one takes him, he can sign with Montreal and retire. Hook someone in his way out to a party.

nwxF9N9.jpg

Thats quite the steep deal, Tanev is only 24 and could be a good anchor on the point if we truly are rebuilding and going younger and faster.

:/

Not sure how I feel about this :/ Tanev is amazing. :(

Canucks have 4 defencemen making $4.5M or more next year. All have NTC's.

Linden won't trade Edler.
Bieksa will never waive.
Garrison signed here, is from here, will not waive.
Hamhuis is untouchable.

I don't think Tanev will peak as a top-pairing defenceman. Top four definitely. The Canucks do have Stanton and Corrado as well.

I think a trade like that would favour the Canucks slightly. Ekblad could surpass Tanev but is he a future top-pairing guy? Plus Florida gets the No. 6th pick which isn't that shabby.

TUSR

Banned
Canucks have 4 defencemen making $4.5M or more next year. All have NTC's.

Linden won't trade Edler.
Bieksa will never waive.
Garrison signed here, is from here, will not waive.
Hamhuis is untouchable.

I don't think Tanev will peak as a top-pairing defenceman. Top four definitely. The Canucks do have Stanton and Corrado as well.

I think a trade like that would favour the Canucks slightly. Ekblad could surpass Tanev but is he a future top-pairing guy? Plus Florida gets the No. 6th pick which isn't that shabby.

I always saw Tanev as a second pairing, minute eating, solid d man. We truthfully need more offensive D Men.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol Tampa eh?

First give them a #1 goalie, now give them a #1 Center, next up the #1 Dman Norrisson ;( .

Give me some Palat + Erne pls Zero, you owe us for Bish :(

Top Bottom