• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boston reporter saying a source of his is claiming that Gallant is very close to being the next Panthers coach. Good riddance, wonder who Bergevin will get to replace him.

Boston reporter saying a source of his is claiming that Gallant is very close to being the next Panthers coach. Good riddance, wonder who Bergevin will get to replace him.

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 7m
I have confirmed through an NHL source that Gerard Gallant is very close to becoming the new head coach of the Florida Panthers.

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 6m
No official announcement yet from the Panthers on Gallant but one is expected tomorrow.

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74 · 1m
Per that same source, Panthers coaching job was down to Gallant or Dan Byslma but as of now it appears the job is Gallant's.

although he's actually based up in Montreal right now

@MurphysLaw74: I have confirmed through an NHL source that Gerard Gallant is very close to becoming the new head coach of the Florida Panthers.

@MurphysLaw74: No official announcement yet from the Panthers on Gallant but one is expected tomorrow.

@MurphysLaw74: Per that same source, Panthers coaching job was down to Gallant or Dan Byslma but as of now it appears the job is Gallant's.

DALÉ. Was resigned that Bylsma was going to be the coach, but pleased with Gallant. Coached Huby in St. John and ran the forward systems in MTL. Good communicator and reading up on seems to be well liked by the youth in MTL.

Edit: fuck both of y'all

Kings preseason

Monday Sept. 22 at PHX 7 p.m. Jobing.com Arena (Split Squad), Glendale, AZ

Monday Sept. 22 PHX 7:30 p.m. STAPLES Center (Split Squad)

Thursday Sept. 25 ANA 7:30 p.m. STAPLES Center

Sunday Sept. 28 at ANA 5 p.m. Honda Center, Anaheim, CA

Tuesday Sept. 30 at SJS 7:30 p.m. SAP Center at San Jose, San Jose, CA

Thursday Oct. 2 at COL 6 p.m. Broadmoor World Arena, Colorado Springs, CO

Saturday Oct. 4 COL 7 p.m. MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

I just learned that Holland waived Quincey in favor of Rick Meech and Chris Chelios, traded a first to get him back and then signed him to a $3.75 million dollar contract :LOL

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
...The fact that you said that with your username doesn't exactly instill confidence in me.

Odd, they seemed so dead set on Ulf.
Once McLellan and MacLean were gone, I stopped caring. I knew about McCrimmon, but that's only cause he used to be play for the Wings and was Lidstrom's first D partner. Oh and I guess Blashill and Renney as well, but whatever.

Mechanics were shit, controls were shit, game was shit. I don't get the love.

I got the Alan Wake Humble Bundle, so while I didn't put much money into it I was happy with the game. I like the atmosphere and the twilight zone type stuff, it's not the greatest game ever, but I'd play a sequel.

pringles

The only thing I've seen that I want so far in the sale is the $2 discount on Goat Simulator.

As for the NHL, nothing is worse than homer fans who can't ever admit their team does something wrong. Mlive has a small group of people who are adamant that Holland is the best GM in the league by far. I saw someone even say that the Tatar/Nyquist for Bouwmeester offer was "really an indication that Holland has a willingness to get things done." Those are the absolute worst fans.
Was that one of Tatar or Nyquist for JayBo? I might do Tatar for a top 4 D, we need some big upgrades there. But yeah, Holland has been awful the last few years. Been a while since he made a good FA signing that didn't fall into his lap ala Hossa, Alfie and Dekeyser. His trades have been bad too but in his defense hearing what some other GMs ask he's at least had the sense to say no more times than he's said yes.

Roflobear

By the way, they're not listed anywhere but the BIT.TRIP games are on sale on Steam right now, too. I highly recommend Runner2 for $3

Once McLellan and MacLean were gone, I stopped caring. I knew about McCrimmon, but that's only cause he used to be play for the Wings and was Lidstrom's first D partner. Oh and I guess Blashill and Renney as well, but whatever.

Pretty much this, I just knew that Renney who had coached a terrible Oilers team was our assistant and never bothered to know who the other guy was. Nice to see him get a coaching job, guess he ran our PK and D which was OK at times. Guess the Canes will just need to wait and see how he does.

Edit:

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames
Per #RedWings GM Ken Holland, "it appears we've agreed to a one-year deal" with G Jonas Gustavsson. Official announcement coming soon.

I'll take it, hopefully Mrazek can get a lot of playing time in the AHL, but he is for sure coming up next year and will challenge Howard for the top spot. My dream scenario is that Gus plays pretty good and Howard sucks (still make playoffs because ya know, banners, streak, etc...), they trade Howard in the offseason and bring Mrazek up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much this, I just knew that Renney who had coached a terrible Oilers team was our assistant and never bothered to know who the other guy was. Nice to see him get a coaching job, guess he ran our PK and D which was OK at times. Guess the Canes will just need to wait and see how he does.

Edit:

I'll take it, hopefully Mrazek can get a lot of playing time in the AHL, but he is for sure coming up next year and will challenge Howard for the top spot. My dream scenario is that Gus plays pretty good and Howard sucks (still make playoffs because ya know, banners, streak, etc...), they trade Howard in the offseason and bring Mrazek up.
I remember saying Howard wasn't that great and you vehemently told me otherwise...now you say he sucks?? D:

I'm not sure who would want Howard though...

Socreges

Banned
Apparently Florida wants Tanev and the 6th overall for the 1st overall? If true, seems like a pretty good deal for the Canucks. Tanev is great, but there's little money or room for him if no other D-man gets dealt.

Reinhart could end up as a replacement for Kesler/Henrik down the road.
Always a good indication that nothing will come of this. :p

Would be all for that trade. Canucks need elite prospects more than anyone. Pay the price.

I remember saying Howard wasn't that great and you vehemently told me otherwise...now you say he sucks?? D:

I'm not sure who would want Howard though...

Was that me? I didn't like Howard when he came in, then he grew on me, and now he's back to "not worth his contract". Especially when we have Mrazek waiting now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hurricanes hired Bill Peters as their head coach, and it sounds like Ulf Samuelsson is only #2 or 3 on Pittsburgh's list right now. So he may not be going anywhere after all.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ekblad seems like the most bustacular (slated) top-3 pick of recent memory.
Seriously.....projections over him seem to be all over the place, yet none of them have him slotted in as a #1 or guaranteed top pairing guy. It's not surprising Florida is shopping the pick.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ekblad seems like the most bustacular (slated) top-3 pick of recent memory.
That is partly why I'm worried about getting 1st overall and picking Ekblad. I think he can jump in quickly, but I think the last defenseman picked that high that was actually legit may be either Niedermeyer or Pietrangelo. My own philosophy is always go for high end offensive talent or most complete center first. If none are available then offensive wingers then offensive defensiveman then defensive forwards then defensive defenseman then goalies.
Was that me? I didn't like Howard when he came in, then he grew on me, and now he's back to "not worth his contract". Especially when we have Mrazek waiting now.
Ahh ok

zroid

Banned
That is partly why I'm worried about getting 1st overall and picking Ekblad. I think he can jump in quickly, but I think the last defenseman picked that high that was actually legit may be either Niedermeyer or Pietrangelo.

Doughty?! :p

edit: Actually he was the same year as Pietrangelo, damn

Acid, I've got bad news man. I know how you feel about MacKimmons. Now we all know how McGinn feels about MacKimmons. He's a hoverhander.
iqSSGcs.jpg

gaming_noob

That is partly why I'm worried about getting 1st overall and picking Ekblad. I think he can jump in quickly, but I think the last defenseman picked that high that was actually legit may be either Niedermeyer or Pietrangelo. My own philosophy is always go for high end offensive talent or most complete center first. If none are available then offensive wingers then offensive defensiveman then defensive forwards then defensive defenseman then goalies.

Ahh ok

I can seee it now... people are going to call him Ekbad

Top Bottom